Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-03-2019, 12:36 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
There is life beyond the top 6 who do more for developing foreign players than they do English one's.

In spite of having these large academies the top 6 clubs very rarely play their English academy produced players and in some cases their academy sides have very few English players playing for them.

This completely defeats the object of having category 1 academies poaching players from smaller clubs who would give these players regular first team opportunities to develop their game.

RLC is a prime example of wasted talent and yet in spite of hardly ever playing first team football this season he has still been selected for the England squad ahead of other candidates.
Old 14-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
How is RLC getting picked?
Old 14-03-2019, 12:47 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
If any of the top clubs buy him in the summer, hell get an England call up before hes even kicked a ball for his new club.
i'd say this has changed slightly. RLC last season (not quite sure how he's made the squad again though...), tarkowski from burnley, rice from west ham, callum wilson
Old 14-03-2019, 01:28 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
There is life beyond the top 6 who do more for developing foreign players than they do English one's.

In spite of having these large academies the top 6 clubs very rarely play their English academy produced players and in some cases their academy sides have very few English players playing for them.

This completely defeats the object of having category 1 academies poaching players from smaller clubs who would give these players regular first team opportunities to develop their game.
On a side note, I know this has been covered elsewhere but 30% of the announce 26 man squad for the U21s come from South London, we have one of those eight players!
Old 14-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Once your in, your in.
Old 14-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
The same way Fabian Delph has played 10 minutes in the Premier league in 2019 has been picked...
Old 14-03-2019, 03:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I watched the Liverpool game yesterday, and have to admit I am/was impressed with Trent Alexander-Arnold.

I think he looks a little ahead of AWB in terms of going forward, passing and crossing. Perhaps AWB is a better defender/tackler, but it is not something I have seen TAA called to do as much as AWB in my limited exposure to him.

I would say AWB being number one for the U21's is about right for now.
Old 14-03-2019, 03:43 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceguard View Post
On a side note, I know this has been covered elsewhere but 30% of the announce 26 man squad for the U21s come from South London, we have one of those eight players!
I think there is a thread (or a few posts) on here about this a few month back.

You can put together a very decent team made up of just guys born in South London.
Old 14-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How is Barkley,how are quite a few players it's shite ,we made burnleys back four look average
I keep repeating myself ,best away from it
Old 14-03-2019, 04:55 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I watched the Liverpool game yesterday, and have to admit I am/was impressed with Trent Alexander-Arnold.

I think he looks a little ahead of AWB in terms of going forward, passing and crossing. Perhaps AWB is a better defender/tackler, but it is not something I have seen TAA called to do as much as AWB in my limited exposure to him.

I would say AWB being number one for the U21's is about right for now.
I tend to agree with this. The biggest problem is that Trippier will no doubt remain number 1, despite being 3rd best.
Old 14-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Even though it was a given having not made the seniors, I see he has been called up to the u21s again.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:02 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I tend to agree with this. The biggest problem is that Trippier will no doubt remain number 1, despite being 3rd best.
Was brilliant in the World Cup though, managers surely need to show loyalty to players who play well under them.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:03 PM

eagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for youeagleforlife is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
Was brilliant in the World Cup though, managers surely need to show loyalty to players who play well under them.
He scored a set piece in the semi final, not sure I’d say he was brilliant. We lost twice to the only decent opposition we faced.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:12 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
He scored a set piece in the semi final, not sure Id say he was brilliant. We lost twice to the only decent opposition we faced.
Probably our best player at the tournament. Got in the team of the tournament also
Old 14-03-2019, 07:31 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I think there is a thread (or a few posts) on here about this a few month back.

You can put together a very decent team made up of just guys born in South London.
South London is comfortably the UK’s biggest hotbed for talent, and as far as I know, one of the biggest in the world. I’d assume first place would go to Paris’ Banlieues.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:32 PM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
He scored a set piece in the semi final, not sure Id say he was brilliant. We lost twice to the only decent opposition we faced.
I'd say he was excellent. Solid in defence and countless assists. Everything he's not been so far this season.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I don't have an issue with it. I still think TAA is the better of the two and Trippier has done well in the past. Why shouldn't Southgate show some loyalty to a player who has done well for him in the past?
Old 14-03-2019, 08:27 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
I also think maitland niles is a decent right back
Old 14-03-2019, 08:34 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
South London is comfortably the UK’s biggest hotbed for talent, and as far as I know, one of the biggest in the world. I’d assume first place would go to Paris’ Banlieues.
I'm not familiar with Banlieues, but I'm assuming it has a similar make up of second or third generation immigrants?

Edit: I just Googled it, and it appears it is not an actual place, but French for the suburbs - I've learnt something today!
Old 14-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I don't have an issue with it. I still think TAA is the better of the two and Trippier has done well in the past. Why shouldn't Southgate show some loyalty to a player who has done well for him in the past?
This.