Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:56 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Phil Alexander Off

After 26 years but returns as a part time consultant, deffo knows where the bodies are buried doesn't he
Old 10-05-2022, 05:01 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Shocked he lasted this long, but he has had a major operation recently
Old 10-05-2022, 05:06 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SP: "I am delighted that we will be able to work with Phil in his forthcoming consultancy role as we embark on several significant projects that will shape the club’s future.”

New Main Stand, or just give the box office operation a kick up the arse?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-05-2022, 06:01 PM
Master of Disaster

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Almost guaranteed to win the chairmans award tonight now I would think.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-05-2022, 07:42 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Teflon Phil.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:12 PM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The only Chief Executive of a company who never seemed to be responsible for anything in his business. Must have run out of mud on people.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:23 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
SJ said anything on this Yet?
Old 10-05-2022, 11:33 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Wonder if they will advertise the role.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:59 PM

CALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How many CEO’s survive 2 Administrations…Teflon.
Old 11-05-2022, 12:32 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
I am naïve to think he just established himself what ever the new regime was by doing a good job and working for the cause?
Otherwise, I dont understand how is stayed under: Noades, Goldberg, Jordan and Parish when everyone else was sacked.

Last edited by MFBias; 11-05-2022 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-05-2022, 01:24 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I am naïve to think he just established himself what ever the new regime was by doing a good job and working for the cause?
Otherwise, I dont understand how is stayed under: Noades, Goldberg, Jordan and Parish when everyone else was sacked.
Great servant to the club. Can’t have been easy working with some of those egomaniacs

He’s always had nothing but the best interests of the club at his core. I know he’s raised an eyebrow at how some owners ran the club.

Being chief exe of a private company with an owner spending thier own money in the drivers seat is very different than being a CEO of a public company. His role is more akin to COO / MD where’s he’s tried to run the club given the direction and strategy of the owner / chairman

Always given his best with the cards he’s been dealt. I bet there’s not many of any at the club or within football in general who would slag him off .

We should give him respect and thank him for his service. Calling him Teflon Phil and saying he’s run out of mud is star disrespectful for someone who dedicated 26 years of his life to our beloved club
I would read his memoir with interest!
Old 11-05-2022, 03:06 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Great servant to the club. Can’t have been easy working with some of those egomaniacs

He’s always had nothing but the best interests of the club at his core. I know he’s raised an eyebrow at how some owners ran the club.

Being chief exe of a private company with an owner spending thier own money in the drivers seat is very different than being a CEO of a public company. His role is more akin to COO / MD where’s he’s tried to run the club given the direction and strategy of the owner / chairman

Always given his best with the cards he’s been dealt. I bet there’s not many of any at the club or within football in general who would slag him off .

We should give him respect and thank him for his service. Calling him Teflon Phil and saying he’s run out of mud is star disrespectful for someone who dedicated 26 years of his life to our beloved club
Old 11-05-2022, 07:08 AM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Palace have made him as his family extremely wealthy in return for his ‘dedication’. Cannot be many football clubs of our size and in our perilous financial state who have agreed to contracts that include the paying of private tuition fees for his kids, among other eye watering and extraordinary payments he extracted from the club.

But fair play to the man, he’s managed to build up an army of acolytes on here ready to defend his every move and only some of them are likely the man himself.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:14 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Almost guaranteed to win the chairmans award tonight now I would think.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Apparently not !
Old 11-05-2022, 07:17 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post

I don’t agree with this at all. Whilst I understand P.A. is not a well man currently and hope he recovers fully and soon - I don’t think many of us that have seen what had transpired at the club during his tenure as Palace’s C.E. will be that sorry he is stepping down.

There are a long list of problems at the club currently regarding ticketing, club memberships, matchday facilities and generally poor communication between the club staff and supporters on many issues.

Whilst P.A.’s remit may not focus in such mundane matters as the club chase ever more lucrative financial deals and sponsorships - IMO the gap between the ordinary supporter and those in charge at Palace has never been greater.

The fact remains that dozens of very competent and dedicated staff have lost their jobs at Palace during the two Administrations under Goldberg and Jordan, many were as staunch Palace supporters as any of us.

Somehow, Teflon magically retained his job, not to mention considerably higher salary when in most businesses he would have fallen on his sword decades ago.

Frankly, I’m glad that one of the last remnants of Noades regime has finally fallen by the wayside. You only have to look at the state of the Arthur Wait roof and indeed the miserable state of the facilities below it, where apparently the away supporters have far better ones than Palace Season Ticket holders and fully paid and long standing Palace members for a fitting tribute to Teflon’s inept tenure at Palace.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:26 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
He must have been at the club much more than 26 years, Noades hired him as sales director to begin with, must have been in the 80s
Old 11-05-2022, 07:30 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Apparently par-for-the-course to be well-rewarded for being part of significant failings. Big Phil obviously could not only talk a good fight, but he is also a rather large unit that not many people would ague with. The sort of bloke you want on your team, not fighting for the opposition.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:02 AM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don’t know much about him or whether his work is good or bad, so don’t feel in a position to comment. I assume some of the other comments are based on actual insight rather than jealousy or a need to be negative about others for self gratification….
Old 11-05-2022, 09:11 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
He must have been at the club much more than 26 years, Noades hired him as sales director to begin with, must have been in the 80s
That was precisely my thoughts as i seem to remember him attached to CPFC for what has seemed like an eternity. He must be part of the foundations propping up the Old Stand.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:27 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Doesn't the article say CEO for 26 years? He had iirc other roles before that e.g managing director. See seventh paragraph of club statement.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 11-05-2022 at 09:30 AM.