Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2021, 10:09 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.
Sharing the risk in this way is sustainable in my opinion. Plus Textor seems keen, on the face of it, on making Palace competitive.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:10 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.
But has he missed the value in the deal?
Is it shares in the club and ground or more about an investment also into and owning of the level 1 academy and a future part ownership of players coming through it .... almost a horse stud investment style option?
We all know the talent from South London is seen as a goldmine.. I think Jordan is missing the deal in the deal.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:13 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.
Please just read the background on this story before reacting with your own 'facts'.

The £90m has come from the directors collectively - it is not all from Textor. So Parish, Blitzer and Harris have all invested a large sum back into the club.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

You can also look at the recent financial results to see the club's losses in recent years, and then there's the huge financial impact of the pandemic to consider.

I think people also need to understand the difference between 'investing' and 'donating'.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post

I think people also need to understand the difference between 'investing' and 'donating'.
Also itís very easy to spend money that isn't yours.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:31 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is a sustainable model. I would have the risk of finances spread across different individuals then having all of our eggs in one basket. We are not and I doubt will ever be owned by a country state so to improve we either run the risk of one person potentially bankrupting themselves and the club or spread the wealth.

I certainly know which one I would prefer and it very much does not fall into the category of someone like Tony Bloom giving us £300m+ to run as a club.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 13-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
You miss all the players coming in?
Old 13-08-2021, 11:02 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
TI would have the risk of finances spread across different individuals then having all of our eggs in one basket. We are not and I doubt will ever be owned by a country state so to improve we either run the risk of one person potentially bankrupting themselves and the club or spread the wealth.

I certainly know which one I would prefer and it very much does not fall into the category of someone like Tony Bloom giving us £300m+ to run as a club.
I'm not sure that I agree with you as there is more chance of one or more of the investors falling out and wanting out than there is of someone like Tony Bloom falling out with himself
Old 13-08-2021, 11:04 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
He owns 25% of Benfica.

A link between the clubs could prove fruitful.
He obv likes eagles in a logo

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 13-08-2021, 11:55 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Please just read the background on this story before reacting with your own 'facts'.

The £90m has come from the directors collectively - it is not all from Textor. So Parish, Blitzer and Harris have all invested a large sum back into the club.

You can also look at the recent financial results to see the club's losses in recent years, and then there's the huge financial impact of the pandemic to consider.

They will want that money back in the not too distant future so expect a sale of the club unless Textor intends a complete takeover
Old 13-08-2021, 12:05 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Textor does not have a stake in Benfica
Old 13-08-2021, 12:10 PM

Since 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.
Jordan was out manoeuvered by Parish during the takeover and gone on to bring success to Palace. Something for all his bravado Jordan failed to do.
Old 13-08-2021, 12:14 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Jordan also outmanoeuvred himself by borrowing money from a hedge fund and failing to pay it back
Old 13-08-2021, 12:38 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Jordan is paid to say inflammatory things, just like his girlfriend. It's an industry and a game that isn't worth listening to.
Old 13-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
Jordan was out manoeuvered by Parish during the takeover and gone on to bring success to Palace. Something for all his bravado Jordan failed to do.
I can fully understand Jordan's resentment towards Parish, however when he has a dig, he seems to do more damage to himself then Parish.

On this occasion, it's when he makes reference to Parish being so happy because money's going into the club without him having to dig into his own pockets (not necessarily true).

All this did was to highlight the fact that two of Parish's key business points during his Palace tenure have been that

A) he wouldn't even invest in - let alone purchase - the club without the stadium

(Key SJ mistake)

And B) he didn't have sufficient wealth to fund the enterprise alone

(Key SJ mistake)

Like I said, I understand his bitterness but to keep shining a light on these things has worse implications for his reputation than Parish's.
Old 13-08-2021, 01:33 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought SJ was fair and honest and raised factual points, yeah there’s bit envy/banter but respect also.
Would be great to get both on face2face never happen though, Parish won’t do it.

I also think he’s right this could be option to take further shares from Blitzer/Harris say in 1 years time.

Last edited by 16eagles; 13-08-2021 at 01:35 PM.
Old 13-08-2021, 01:33 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Jordan is paid to say inflammatory things, just like his girlfriend.
His girlfriend is actually his wife
Old 13-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
I'm not sure that I agree with you as there is more chance of one or more of the investors falling out and wanting out than there is of someone like Tony Bloom falling out with himself
If they want out they sell.

I dont see the problem.
Old 13-08-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
His girlfriend is actually his wife
Pretty sure they are 'partners'
Old 13-08-2021, 02:39 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I can fully understand Jordan's resentment towards Parish, however when he has a dig, he seems to do more damage to himself then Parish.

On this occasion, it's when he makes reference to Parish being so happy because money's going into the club without him having to dig into his own pockets (not necessarily true).

All this did was to highlight the fact that two of Parish's key business points during his Palace tenure have been that

A) he wouldn't even invest in - let alone purchase - the club without the stadium

(Key SJ mistake)

And B) he didn't have sufficient wealth to fund the enterprise alone

(Key SJ mistake)

Like I said, I understand his bitterness but to keep shining a light on these things has worse implications for his reputation than Parish's.
I would think his biggest mistake was when he reportedly turned down an offer from the eventual 2010 consortium to take over the running of the club a year before admin(I assume that is true). Moses would have stayed a Palace player.
Old 13-08-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
If they want out they sell.

I dont see the problem.
It's not that easy to sell 18% of a private company