Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:30 AM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah he looked like a good player, especially as he was drafted in with very little notice. Lancs gain very much Surrey's loss.

Surrey now over 15,000 members - To view the link you have to Register or Login. Doubled in 10 years.

As a 'new' member from 2020 (I last had youth membership in the mid/late 90s) and despite the crap that has gone on over the last two years, I feel incredibly proud to be a member (not just Surrey, but supporting the longer formats and grassroots,) but also that membership offers fantastic value for the amount of hours of cricket you can get, even with full-time work commitments. Compared to top-flight football, which I feel very meh about these days. I don't really even remember the last Palace game I went to was, turn my nose up at paying £50 per game and don't want a season ticket due to other interests/commitments.

Just for the T20 evening games alone, getting a full membership is worth it, let alone for my preferred option of lazy days at a championship game (I so hope the CC is still a thing in 20/30 years time when I can hopefully retire!)

Hopefully see some of you in person this season.

Last edited by Webb; 11-02-2022 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:25 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I agree with him, though.

Bring in some of the minor counties and, yes, they'll start off in the bottom division, but then so did Durham (before they started playing fast and loose over the money).
The standard of Minor Counties Cricket is pretty awful in my opinion. Both in terms of playing standard and in terms of facilities.

A lot of the sides do not have fixed grounds to play at but instead travel which is not going to be a big draw.

Realistically you could say that Norfolk/Suffolk/Oxfordshire would be "good" enough to play but as I say of those three only Norfolk have a set home ground.

If, the standard was higher then you could argue that an expansion of the County format could go to say 20 teams with relegation and promotion across three divisions.

I mentioned this years and years ago and came up with the following format (but I've updated it for last season):

Hampshire relegated from Div. 1 to 2 and Durham promoted.
Warwickshire in a play off with Gloucestershire.

Leicestershire relegated from Div. 2 to 3 and Worcestershire promoted.
Northamptonshire in a play off with Kent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (241.7 KB, 10 views)

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 25-02-2022, 02:34 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Surrey's championship batting options look pretty light on the ground to me, especially if Burns, Pope and Foakes play for England.

Hoping Jamie Smith gets a good chance. Haven't seen enough of Steel, but lots of unproven or averages mid 20s in that list.....
Old 04-03-2022, 10:24 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got the Surrey membership card this morning. Not long to the start of the season. Time is going too quick.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:31 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Got the Surrey membership card this morning. Not long to the start of the season. Time is going too quick.
Ooh, I'l keep an eye out for the postie.

I see that Laurie Evans has said he isn't going to play red ball cricket anymore. Just another small nick in the 'death by a thousand cuts' of red ball cricket.

Last edited by Olympian2; 04-03-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:52 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Ooh, I'l keep an eye out for the postie.

I see that Laurie Smith has said he isn't going to play red ball cricket anymore. Just another small nick in the 'death by a thousand cuts' of red ball cricket.
Evans you mean?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:47 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Evans you mean?

Exactly that - sorry. Getting Laurie Evans & Jamie Smith mixed up
Old 10-03-2022, 05:52 PM

Sunil Narine signs for Surrey for the 20/20 games.

Not sure that is such an exciting signing though.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Sunil Narine signs for Surrey for the 20/20 games.

Not sure that is such an exciting signing though.
Quite. I donít know a huge amount about him but Iím - maybe unfairly - not owerwhelmed.

On the plus side, I reckon I can get down for Apr 14th for the 1st day of Oval red ball stuff
Old 11-03-2022, 09:35 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Fantastic bowler between 2012-2015 I would say but has done very little of note since. I think he got pulled up by the ICC re. a suspect action in 2014/15 off the top of my head and since then hasn't been the same. My whelm is very under with the signing.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:58 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
He will be by a country mile be the best spinner at the Oval, and a spinner of his quality has been long time coming and has been much needed at Surrey.
How can he not be a good signing? there should be a good mix of experience and youth this summer in our squad which will be crucial especially with the England call up's that we can expect.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:18 AM

I think that is more about the lack of quality in the Surrey squad rather than Narine's quality. The squad looks threadbare in certain areas, like the number of batsmen to be honest as and when potential England call-ups take place:

Amla, Jacks, Geddes, Burns, Foakes, Roy & Pope are the only batsmen I can think of. Evans now being white-ball only.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:25 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I have a new role to start on the 28th (near Egbaston) Be nice to see some cricket this season
Old 11-03-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
He will be by a country mile be the best spinner at the Oval, and a spinner of his quality has been long time coming and has been much needed at Surrey.
How can he not be a good signing? there should be a good mix of experience and youth this summer in our squad which will be crucial especially with the England call up's that we can expect.
He's only there for the T20 competition & even then will only be available after he's done with the IPL so may miss the first few games...

Moriarty did a great job as the T20 spinner last year, supported by Jacks & (an aging) Batty.....
Old 02-04-2022, 10:50 AM

Got the Surrey pack or book today. See all guest vouchers 8 for county and 4 for one day are now digital. Let's hope the poxy weather gets better.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:07 PM

Old 06-04-2022, 12:04 PM

Anyone know if the beer festival at the Oval will make a reappearance again this year? Nice to get the pack through. Don't think I'll be able to make as many games this year as last year sadly.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:06 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Kent will have a new captain for their game at Essex tomorrow
Old 06-04-2022, 11:44 PM

Looks a decent squad for Surrey's opener tomorrow. It won't last. Weather looks pretty shite tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:43 AM

Burns, Patel, Amla, Pope, Foakes, Smith, Jacks, Clark, Taylor, Roach & Topley