Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 14-11-2003, 10:28 AM
a.stew's Avatar
a.stew a.stew is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upper tier holmesdale
Age: 41
Posts: 3,678
Rep Power: 0
a.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Will you be making it out of the bar Mark - or watching from the steps with pint in hand ?
you no it
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 14-11-2003, 10:30 AM
markholmes1991's Avatar
markholmes1991 markholmes1991 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,932
Rep Power: 83216
markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Will you be making it out of the bar Mark - or watching from the steps with pint in hand ?
Very likely Al
__________________
2001-2011 now retired BBS member, its been fun folks
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 15-11-2003, 11:09 AM
a.stew's Avatar
a.stew a.stew is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upper tier holmesdale
Age: 41
Posts: 3,678
Rep Power: 0
a.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
go on the Carshalton to day
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 15-11-2003, 05:08 PM
c_block_lad's Avatar
c_block_lad c_block_lad is offline
odious little scroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
Age: 33
Posts: 19,230
Rep Power: 0
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
Just got back, Robins lose 2-0 to Canvey Island
__________________
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I've always been extremely disappointed at the number of Chelsea 'fans' from the Wallington/Carshalton/Sutton area. They have no place here. They are not wanted.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 15-11-2003, 05:25 PM
c_block_lad's Avatar
c_block_lad c_block_lad is offline
odious little scroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
Age: 33
Posts: 19,230
Rep Power: 0
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
Good crowd there today, 700+, good atmosphere as well for the top of the table clash, Canvey must have brought down 100+.
__________________
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I've always been extremely disappointed at the number of Chelsea 'fans' from the Wallington/Carshalton/Sutton area. They have no place here. They are not wanted.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 15-11-2003, 06:46 PM
MicksSis's Avatar
MicksSis MicksSis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Behind Stavros 69.
Posts: 17,067
Rep Power: 666093
MicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
aawww poor Stuart
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 17-11-2003, 09:58 AM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Canvey were the better team. However, if we had scored with that chance just after half time then who knows. Good crowd as well.

They are playing in the League Cup tonight as well, so will be popping along for that as well.

Did anyone else see Martin Tyler there, he was in the bar at half time and couldn't believe Scotland were winning. Must have been preparing for Canvey on TV on Wednesday.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 17-11-2003, 12:05 PM
arussell's Avatar
arussell arussell is offline
Watching The Reserves Again
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Deep Down In The Palace Archives
Posts: 10,460
Rep Power: 113714
arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'll be there tonight.

Re: Saturday

Canvey definitely the best side in this division, but then it's no surprise. I knew they had a lot of ex-league players in their starting 16 but it was only on Saturday that I noticed they had EIGHT players that have played football as high as the second division (for Colchester, Ipswich, West Ham, Brentford, Brighton etc ...) !

They also have a player who has captained the England semi-pro side.

Canvey the better side in the first half - but Carshalton defended well again, and created the odd chance. Excellent Stuart Searle tip over the bar from a Lee Boylan shot and apart from the penalty, Carshalton restricted the number of Canvey goal attempts to not many, and Canvey only scored from a needlessly conceded penalty.

Carshalton the stronger side in the second half with Nick McDonnell going close with a good header from a corner. Carshalton on top when Canvey hit them with a sucker punch, an unmarked header from a corner.

The Robins strength is their defending, but what they are really missing is an out and out goalscorer, which hopefully McDonnell might be. Russell from AFC fans isn't good enough for this level, and winning all the time by low margins and not having a striker at the top of the goal scoring charts is the big drawback right now.

Oh - and the decidedly one sided referee didn't help matters either !

Still - they are certainly playing well right now, and with one or two extra additions to the squad, who knows .....
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 17-11-2003, 06:38 PM
a.stew's Avatar
a.stew a.stew is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upper tier holmesdale
Age: 41
Posts: 3,678
Rep Power: 0
a.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
went to the game on saturday thought carshalton played well. But we were just out classed but had a good day out thou. Second half was mad behind the camvey goal. MarkHolmes1991, Skate, N, Chris a non bbs'er and me given it large behind the goal and seeing Martin Tyler in the bar as well was good to. Go on the carshalton best win tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 17-11-2003, 07:34 PM
N's Avatar
N N is offline
Ball Gazer has been.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: ST. AUSTELL CORNWALL
Age: 51
Posts: 2,601
Rep Power: 1170996
N : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Canvey must have brought down 100+.
So you were the one playing that F@cking trumpet. Anyway a good day and nice to see some of you. I must say, the bar maid had rather large breasts.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 17-11-2003, 07:39 PM
c_block_lad's Avatar
c_block_lad c_block_lad is offline
odious little scroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
Age: 33
Posts: 19,230
Rep Power: 0
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
Quote:
Originally posted by N
So you were the one playing that F@cking trumpet. Anyway a good day and nice to see some of you. I must say, the bar maid had rather large breasts.
Stick your trumpet up your arse!

__________________
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I've always been extremely disappointed at the number of Chelsea 'fans' from the Wallington/Carshalton/Sutton area. They have no place here. They are not wanted.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 18-11-2003, 10:52 AM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lost 1-0 last night.

They didn't play very well at all against an organised but limited team. No, imagination to break down their packed defence.

How we are missing Michael Johnson who was watching tonight.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
markholmes1991's Avatar
markholmes1991 markholmes1991 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,932
Rep Power: 83216
markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Robins host Braintree Town tomorrow (3pm) Need a result after Tuesdays disappointing 1-0 defeat to Thurrock.
__________________
2001-2011 now retired BBS member, its been fun folks
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-12-2003, 10:48 AM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I will be there again tomorrow.

They need a win and a bit of form.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-12-2003, 10:53 AM
markholmes1991's Avatar
markholmes1991 markholmes1991 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,932
Rep Power: 83216
markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Squad still looks very thin, & with imminent suspensions/injuries this was always likely to happen.
Would have been impossible to sustain there superb early season form.
__________________
2001-2011 now retired BBS member, its been fun folks
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-12-2003, 03:17 PM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The funny thing is they seem to have really strengthened the forward line and forgotten about elsewhere. They need to find someone to replace Michael Johnson as he was a bit different.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 08-12-2003, 08:59 AM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a great performance on Saturday. They only won 2-1 but played really well. Carshalton had Ali Russell sent off just before half time for elbowing someone in the head, but dominated the second half with only ten men.

Good game and the new signing Danny Bolt looked good.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 08-12-2003, 09:01 AM
arussell's Avatar
arussell arussell is offline
Watching The Reserves Again
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Deep Down In The Palace Archives
Posts: 10,460
Rep Power: 113714
arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls


At least there was some GOOD footballing news at the weekend then !
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 AM
AddiscombeEagle's Avatar
AddiscombeEagle AddiscombeEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Carshalton
Age: 43
Posts: 8,925
Rep Power: 13880712
AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They have a game tonight as well in the Surrey Cup I think.
__________________
70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Ed Reed!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 08-12-2003, 04:32 PM
c_block_lad's Avatar
c_block_lad c_block_lad is offline
odious little scroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
Age: 33
Posts: 19,230
Rep Power: 0
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
UP THE MIGHTY ROBINS!

CARSHALTON RULE SUTTON, AND SUTTON RULE F**K ALL, F**K ALL!
__________________
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I've always been extremely disappointed at the number of Chelsea 'fans' from the Wallington/Carshalton/Sutton area. They have no place here. They are not wanted.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.