Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2019, 12:54 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
I dont disagree that we should be trying to keep him, and that his value on current course will only get higher

But do remember football is never just a black and white thing, he could break a leg first day of the season and never be the same again, any kind of risk/value analysis should include as many factors as possible and its never a 100% sure bet in either direction
Yep. And I donít know why people seem to think heíll be worth more in a year or 2 now. I mean we are asking silly money for a right back. Kyle Walker is record fee at £50m... we are rumoured to be wanting about that figure.. I donít think it would ever get much more than that to be honest
Old 23-05-2019, 02:26 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
While I accept your logic and agree with elements of it (it is far healthier for us not to rely on 1 or 2 players the way we have), you do also make it sound a bit simplistic. Do we know that Chelsea will sell Reece James for that kind of fee? Do we know Nelson or James would be willing to join us? Do we know that Everton might not receive better offers for Lookman or whether he would come to us?

If we can and do get such replacements in then yes, it could be a sensible move but a lot depends on whether that is possible or not.
I'm only making it simplistic purely as an example. There's no doubt even better options than the aforementioned. I'm basing all my opinion on the assumption we've got next to nothing to spend, if untrue I'd be doing everything to keep Zaha primarily.

One thing is for absolute certain, the squad needs to reshape.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 23-05-2019, 03:52 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Yep. And I donít know why people seem to think heíll be worth more in a year or 2 now. I mean we are asking silly money for a right back. Kyle Walker is record fee at £50m... we are rumoured to be wanting about that figure.. I donít think it would ever get much more than that to be honest
I read some where that Man Utd offered 25m. 40m would be difficult for the club to turn down. Great potential,but so far has played limited premier games and not in the England squad.
Hope he stays. Be great to keep him and Zaha.
Old 23-05-2019, 04:28 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
I love the august organ that is the Daily Star announcing that the wankers were rocked by our doubling the price.

Ahem. It's always been well known what sort of money we would want for this player and when they came along offering less than half that it should surprise nobody that we told them to f*** off.

I mean FFS.
Old 23-05-2019, 04:57 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
He will be worth double that eventually. Literally. Why should we have to release a potentially world class player for £50M? We may not have the stature of the more fancied clubs but we no longer have to sell purely for survival. We need to play hardball on AWB. £70M + add ons must be the minimum, IMHO. Anyone doesn't want to pay that? Fine. We'll develop AWB another season or two and sell him for even more.

And I disagree with the argument going around that we must sell our crown jewels to fill holes in an unbalanced squad. That 'unbalanced' squad finished mid-table in a season where little went right for us. We are a striker away from being guaranteed top ten and an AM away from top eight. Let's keep our special players and keep investing to strengthen elsewhere. Anyone who wants to take top players from us will have to pay top prices.
As great as he is as a defender, I can't see that he'll ever be worth £100 million, unless somehow transfer fees across the board universally go to a completely different level. But the highest fee for a rightback is currently £52 million. Double that figure is a huge leap. He'd have to be displaying young Gareth Bale type attacking potential to go for anything like that IMO, which he is definitely not.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:19 PM

barryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
We just a Academy football team for the big boys. Always have, Andy Johnson, Ian Wright, Mark bright, Chris Armstrong, all went to big boys team. Just like to keep our team together and get a top ten finish or even Europe if we get to 7th.
Can dream though, just frustrates me like the Ron Noades says are back again !
Old 23-05-2019, 05:20 PM

barryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
We just a Academy football team for the big boys. Always have, Andy Johnson, Ian Wright, Mark bright, Chris Armstrong, all went to big boys team. Just like to keep our team together and get a top ten finish or even Europe if we get to 7th.
Can dream though, just frustrates me like the Ron Noades days are back again !
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 06:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Yeah I'm not sure either. Also, one of the big 6 might not need a right back next summer whereas one in particular obviously does now.

I accept that his value could rise next season but I actually think if it does change it is probably more likely to drop than rise. His stock is extremely high right now and whether he can have a better season next year... Who knows but it's certainly not a given.
Old 24-05-2019, 06:50 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"Wan-Bissaka is an extremely talented individual, who has a huge potential to fulfil. At arguably the biggest club in Europe and under Solskjaerís tutelage, he certainly can unlock his top potential and become the best in the business."

Quote from one of the rags. Laughable. The arrogance of it all.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
"Wan-Bissaka is an extremely talented individual, who has a huge potential to fulfil. At arguably the biggest club in Europe and under Solskjaerís tutelage, he certainly can unlock his top potential and become the best in the business."

They might be the biggest club in Europe but we are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I’d like to hold on to him forever, but not with any expectation of his value increasing. Right back is the lowest value position on the park, and 50 million quid is a shitload and more than Aaron’s value to us. And what Eddie said.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:29 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
"Wan-Bissaka is an extremely talented individual, who has a huge potential to fulfil. At arguably the biggest club in Europe and under Solskjaer’s tutelage, he certainly can unlock his top potential and become the best in the business."

Read on Bloomberg this morning that 'Everton are still in the hunt to sign AWB' ..... Everton
Old 24-05-2019, 09:17 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Man United have apparently baulked at Palace's valuation and are now looking at other cheaper alternatives to Aaron.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:22 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Man United have apparently baulked at Palace's valuation and are now looking at other cheaper alternatives to Aaron.
Bluffing.

They've got a lot of work to do and they know AWB would be the start of a very important rebuild.

Parish will be wise enough to see they're playing mind games, we have the upper hand as AWB is happy here and we don't need to sell at any cut costs.

**** Man United, hope they fall to levels none of their plastic fanebase could ever imagine.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:27 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hang on I thought we couldn't believe anything we read in the press?
Old 24-05-2019, 09:44 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Solskjaer will be sacked by Christmas. He's an awful Manager
Old 24-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sky linking us to Clyne
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Would be an excellent replacement for AWB if we sell him this summer, but I fear that Clyne will already have moved by that time.
Old 24-05-2019, 11:12 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well we have all seen what’s happened to them by not buying the right players they are desperate for a player of AWB quality Manc Mugs...,,
Old 24-05-2019, 11:12 AM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Solskjaer will be sacked by Christmas. He's an awful Manager
by Halloween I reckon.
Old 24-05-2019, 11:13 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Clyne isnt the player he was. Really hasnt shone for Bournemouth like people expected him too. Also big question marks about why he missed so long for Liverpool (rumoured drug ban) plus will be on big wages.

Whoever we get to replace AWB will likely be a downgrade though RBs are quite easy to come by. Pereira who Leicester bought for £25m is the type of player we should be looking at. Personally I would be happy with Ward and someone on loan, like Fosu Mensah or Tuanzebe, if it meant the money was spent where need it more, i.e. centre forward, attacking midfielder, another winger, left back