Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:35 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just to add on to what cantspell and AJ have said, most of your runs should be slower. But train at your current fitness level, not what you want to get.

If you have a 60min 10k PB that's a pace of 6:00 min/km, so you should be training at 7:10-7:40 min/km regardless of what your next target is. Someone with a 50min 10k should be training at 6:00-6:30 min/km which is actually your race pace and you don't want to be doing every run at your race pace as you're increasing your chances of injury.

That said, if your run of 7.25k in 37.07 is at near max level. Then your easy pace should be in the 6:20-6:50 min/km.

Run slow to run fast/long.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Just unashamedly bigging up my younger self with a nostalgic memory of 37:40 time in the Croydon 10k early 90's. Three weeks training for that after not running competitively for more than a decade beforehand. Never done one since and now after just staring Parkruns hoping to achieve 55mins for it before end of July. Age has withered me
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Just unashamedly bigging up my younger self with a nostalgic memory of 37:40 time in the Croydon 10k early 90's. Three weeks training for that after not running competitively for more than a decade beforehand. Never done one since and now after just staring Parkruns hoping to achieve 55mins for it before end of July. Age has withered me
You'll be posting our 800m & 1500m times aged 12 & 13 next!

That was a great effort with so little training back then.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
24:46 for morning Parkrun. Third attempt. 28:28 first one 25:45 second and today's third. At this improvement rate I should be doing it in 10mins by end of June.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:42 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Good time- the rate of improvement will eventually slow down but youd know that anyway.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Good time- the rate of improvement will eventually slow down but youd know that anyway.
Ok. End of July then
Old 05-05-2019, 06:13 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I did Banstead Park Run yesterday in 20:26. This would have been my PB by 20 18 seconds.

I hadn’t realised, when I beat 20 minutes a few weeks back, that I’d beaten my PB there by over 50 seconds!!
Old 06-05-2019, 06:44 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
so after last tues session i have a couple of "recovery" runs followed by a rest day that leads me to sat session; this was 3 miles @8.30,3 mins rest then 1 mile @8 pace...

all targets met,although the last 1/2 mile of the 3 together with the 1 mile were hard work!!!

coach is happy!!!

then i had a long run yesterday (60 mins) and whilst it was slower (ranging from 9.10-9.40) it was comfortable without me feeling tired ( run on the croydon 10k course so not exactly easy!!)

tomorrow i have a speed session; unusually coach has asked me to run it on the track (croydon arena), usually she prefers me to run in bedd park or on grass track at Lloyd park when its available ,but having seen the pacers set she wants to test me and she believes that they are obtainable on the track!!!
session is 2x1k @7.45 pace of 90 secs then 6x500 mtrs @7.30 pace off 75 secs

now that my training seems to be going better im going to look into doing some "core" work,plus getting proper advice on what i eat; im looking at "MYPT " in st georges walk as a Strider is part owner of it, then itll be either my coach or the coach at MYPT for the food help.....

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 07-05-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I did Banstead Park Run yesterday in 20:26. This would have been my PB by 20 18 seconds.

I hadnt realised, when I beat 20 minutes a few weeks back, that Id beaten my PB there by over 50 seconds!!

Good run Tomo - I ran 20:25 on Saturday over 75% grading lost all my time on the 4th km.

Run ted pepper 10k yesterday where about 7k is on trail paths and was pleased with 43:22. Just the 5 and a half minutes quicker than last year which showed how much London took out of me then.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:57 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yeah, my 3rd KM was pretty slow (though the hill accounts for that), but took me a long time to recover in the 4th KM. I've not done as much on speed and hills over the last couple of weeks, due to trying to get match fit for the REMF football match, and what felt like a week of recovery. So I reckon if I have a couple of weeks of trying to get my speed back up a bit, and some lunch time hill runs up Primrose Hill then I should be be able to knock a bit more off. I hope!!
Old 07-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Done 5k in 23 Mins 55 Secs today.

Really ******* pleased with that.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

Well done mate -keep posting your progress.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

Nicely done, well done!

I ran 11.48km in 57:45 this evening...

My 10k time you ask? 1 second inside 50 minutes! 49:59!

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 09-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Nicely done, well done!

I ran 11.48km in 57:45 this evening...

My 10k time you ask? 1 second inside 50 minutes! 49:59!
Nice one

But I'd have to have done the extra 0.02km

I have a thing about my runs ending on a .5 or .00
Old 09-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Nice one

Ha I didn't know how far I was running. I knew what 10k was but after that I was just running to add a bit more distance.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Nice one

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. I accidentally saved a run half near the end of it yesterday, and it properly wound me up. I realised about 200 meters later, so started a new run for the last KM, but it's all over the shop now.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:10 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Trying a new PR near Stroud tomorrow as at the end of a holiday in The Cotswolds. I've been drinking beer and wine and eating pub lunches all week so expecting some serious repurcussions!
Old 11-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Trying a new PR near Stroud tomorrow as at the end of a holiday in The Cotswolds. I've been drinking beer and wine and eating pub lunches all week so expecting some serious repurcussions!
How did you get on mate? Not the best prep for attempting a new PB!

I did 22:41 at Parkrun this morning. Couple of reasons for not getting a PB, firstly I started from the back instead of close to the front, and secondly I stacked it turning into the woods (this is Riddlesdown) on the second lap, so lost some time there and also afterwards because it hurt a fair bit. Still pleased with that time and a finish of 37th.

I also find that if I have someone I'm close to towards the end I race them to improve my time but didn't have that today.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:46 AM

20 seconds off PB of 24:46 this morning at Parkrun but pleased with that as didn't feel right when warming up so didn't push it. Getting under 24mins still the target by 8th run. Done 4 so far.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:53 PM

Well done Woosie and am phibian good to see you still doing parkrun