Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Come on, whatever side of the fence you're on this bit is pretty amusing:

"It was therefore baffling to me why a squad of square pegs and panic buys wasn't sweeping all before them, and the only explanation is that Frank de Boer is personally and solely responsible for 100% of our problems."

We always accuse Brighton fans of being unable to take a step back and see what the rest of the footballing world sees. Let's not be like that lot.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 14-09-2017, 10:27 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
They originally wrote Ronald, the idiots.

But it's really biased and leaves tons of balance out. For that they can lick it.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
They originally wrote Ronald, the idiots.

But it's really biased and leaves tons of balance out. For that they can lick it.
A bit like Neil Ashton's story on Monday.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's satire, blatantly
Done badly.

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:41 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
Steve Parish needs to take note of the nicely folded napkins at Arsenal tonight - I mean he's losing it we can't compete with that

It's not all bad news sir - I noticed on LinkedIn today that we now have an official tyre partner. I'm going straight out in the morning to get some APOLLO TYRES fixed to my motor.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:49 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
It's not all bad news sir - I noticed on LinkedIn today that we now have an official tyre partner. I'm going straight out in the morning to get some APOLLO TYRES fixed to my motor.
Surely that's a bit of forward planning for when, inevitably, the wheels come off our PL campaign.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
It really doesn't. It creates a trend from lies, such as Holloway being sacked. It's slander against our club.
I wasn't suggesting it was good, I was (if you hadn't edited it out) saying it wasn't really about FDB and more about the trend (in response to another poster).

The bit you did quote of my post referenced this in the article

this perpetual Parish cycle shows Palace’s managers either fail to adhere to his high standards and get sacked, or out-do themselves and succeed for long enough to decide they would rather not work for him.

It's not a great piece of writing and probably easy to misinterpret I grant you.
I would just ignore it. The more attention you give it by 'slating it' as you say, the more clicks it will get and you just encourage the next article.

TBH there are some mainstream journalists and pundits that have been far more scathing and with much larger audiences.
Old 15-09-2017, 12:11 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Answering Coastal's question - I want to see SP in charge - I just want him to do a better job than the last 12 months.

His slip in standards (my opinion) his directly correlated to selling out to the yanks. I even see his holiday and hip-hopping as a relief release mechanism that the victory against Hull got them off his back for a while.

I want him to take less control of every aspect and employ others to delegate responsibilities to. And make sure he gets weekly reports from the managers in his team. He seems to be a short term thinker on this - paying peanuts gets monkeys.

Why is Teflon still at Palace - and what does he do - I bet he isn't paid the wage that his counterparts at other Premier clubs receive. If you employ a middle manager for a long period of time, on crappish wages (he survived two admins - so must be cheap), surely you get mediocracy. Am I being harsh? Please feel free to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

We all get bored with the little nicknames: Colin, Greedman, Vegetables, Goldberk, Millwank, Clowns (actually that's fine), Woy, BFS. But I, for one, never get bored with Teflon - it's just too perfect. Yet again we have had a crap transfer window - and who is the Chief Executive in charge of buying extra toner for the fax machine.....

I get the impression that if he was employed as a work experience teenager, he wouldn't be offered a permanent position - but he'll do for Palace.
Old 15-09-2017, 12:27 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
If you employ a middle manager for a long period of time, on crappish wages (he survived two admins - so must be cheap), surely you get mediocracy. Am I being harsh? Please feel free to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Wiki:

In 1996 Alexander joined Crystal Palace under Ron Noades and remains at the club enjoying his 20th season as CEO.

Alexander has served on the Board of the Football League and is currently a Premier League representative on The FA Council, as well as sitting on the FA cup and international committee.

He's an manager/administrator and given his longevity, presumably a good one.

Do you want Parish to get involved in co-ordinating safety certification or the 1001 other admin tasks that need to be brought together to run the club?

He hasn't got the time or probably, the inclination.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:23 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Surely that's a bit of forward planning for when, inevitably, the wheels come off our PL campaign.
Get a grip

Old 15-09-2017, 04:19 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No information about reasons for FDB sacking in chairman comments (programme) for tomorrow's game.
Old 15-09-2017, 04:32 PM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Pretty much how I feel.
He's making mistakes like we all do.

ANYWAYS.
Heheh To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ken Early and the Second Captains quite vicious and personal about Steve Parish, without being bothered to do any kind of research on the background of his sacking. Then attacking Hodgson on every front. Will be absolutely delighted if we can turn this dog of a season around, and hodgson can be successful here, just to shut these sneering hipster twats up, if nothing else.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Can you have backward planning?
Old 15-09-2017, 04:48 PM

transformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
No information about reasons for FDB sacking in chairman comments (programme) for tomorrow's game.
Getting tyresome now
Old 15-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Good. Tomorrow is a new day.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
Getting tyresome now
Wheely irritating.
Old 15-09-2017, 04:58 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Good. Tomorrow is a new day.
Indeed. Our season starts tomorrow
Old 15-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
It just astounds me that the man (and his 3 mates) get as much abuse as he/they do.
I can understand supporters being critical... His need to employ ex players being a start but overall, he's done a brilliant job.
Footballing superstars at Selhurst??? No not you, Jason.
Signing the likes of Cabaye and Benteke never filled me the dread and foreboding when Goldberg signed Lombardo. As brilliant a signing as he was.
Thanks Steve. There's still quite a few Palace fans who appreciate what you've done/are doing.
I still want Parish as our chairman and don't understand the people that seem to hate him, but on the same count he has been making a lot glaring errors recently and it is only fair that he should face criticism for them.

These mistakes are magnified by both the continued state of the ground along with the unfortunate progress of those lot down the road, who we are now in serious danger of being overtaken by if our current situation isn't sorted.
Old 15-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
4 games, no goals, no points and no f*cking idea

Surely he doesn't need to spell it out to anyone?