Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-04-2019, 08:42 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
3 hours Endgame is. Shave 30 mins or so off, would have been very good.
That's only 3 seconds in the quantum realm.
Tbh it wasn't really bloated.

SaulAlinsky
Old 28-04-2019, 08:43 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
These last 2 movies have been a cut-above the normal superhero stuff.

Give them a go and you might be pleasantly surprised. These two even pose a philosophical question.....if you could save half of humanity by randomly killing off half of humanity, would you do it? Or would you risk it all?
This sums it up pretty well.

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
As somebody that doesn't plan to see Endgame in the theater, I decided to watch all the Avengers movies this week anyway.

Avengers - 4.5 out of 10
Age of Ultron - 7.5 out of 10
Infinity War - 7.0 out of 10

The first one was bad. It's like they decided that people loved what Michael Bay did on the Transformer movies and just copied it. I mean, they wasted 30 minutes trying to fix their invisible flying aircraft carrier's damaged engine (while battling the bad guys) instead of just landing the damn thing. (And the less said about the ridiculous final battle, the better) And if Tony Stark is such a genius why did it take him so long to figure out where Loki was going to summon the bad guys.

Second one was much better. Having James Spader as the (voice of) the bad guy was a stroke of genius. But the problem with the second and third movie is actually that they're too short. With so many main characters (literally) battling for screen time, they take shortcuts with the story. Ultron takes about 30 seconds to go from being born to deciding to destroy humanity. That's probably why I enjoy the solo movies that have various Avenger guests in them. My favorite MCU movie is probably Captain America:Civil War.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 29-04-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 29-04-2019, 09:10 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's easy to sneer at superhero films, but executing a coherent plan across 20+ films has been a big success, from a creative and commercial perspective.

The fans that have watched these films since Iron Man have a strong connection to the characters - there was spontaneous bouts of applause and I heard sobbing during parts of Endgame at the cinema I was in. Objectively, that seems ridiculous (especially the applause!), but I think it shows how connected many fans are to these stories.

Last edited by PalaceForever; 29-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 29-04-2019, 10:49 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Watched this weekend;

Paul - Old film with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg as geeky Brits on holiday in the US meeting an escaped alien, voiced by Seth Rogen. Saw it ages ago, but dug it out for my son to watch., it had some very funny moments and I had fun spotting all the old film references. 7/10

The Favourite - Interesting historical movie which is basically bollocks as historical fact, but still very watchable. Some great lines, not sure why Olivia Coleman won an Oscar for it though. 8/10

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:56 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Watched Movie 43 on Netflix yesterday.
Great cast, and a hilarious watch.
The Winslet/Jackman scene is absolute Gold.
Halle Berry and the pommy comedian bloke (forgotten his name) is brilliant.
Cant go into the whole movie as it will give too much away, but do yourself a favor and watch this show.
Very funny.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:45 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Isn’t that meant to be one of the worst films ever made?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:36 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
Apparently so. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 04-05-2019, 06:47 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I’d kill all of humanity just to get rid of ******* superhero movies.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:05 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I’d kill all of humanity just to get rid of ******* superhero movies.
Thank god you don't have the Infinity Gauntlet!

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Omg ******* hell. I started this thread 16 years ago
Old 04-05-2019, 07:41 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
It's easy to sneer at superhero films, but executing a coherent plan across 20+ films has been a big success, from a creative and commercial perspective.

The fans that have watched these films since Iron Man have a strong connection to the characters - there was spontaneous bouts of applause and I heard sobbing during parts of Endgame at the cinema I was in. Objectively, that seems ridiculous (especially the applause!), but I think it shows how connected many fans are to these stories.
You might enjoy listening to Mark Kermode’s film programme on 5Live broadcast yesterday afternoon. They read out some great emails from teenagers expressing what the MCU series has meant to them, especially these last two films.

As you say, it’s easy for others to sneer, especially if they lump together all these films as ‘superhero films’. Some like these last two have been far superior to the crash bang stuff that I personally wouldn’t watch.

Mark and Simon were delighted to hear such passion from teenagers and their rare admission that they’ve found it moving that a much loved character has now come to an end. I could tell my son was quietly saddened by this. He and his friends have shared countless conversations during their years in senior school discussing the story/character arcs, music, drama and humour of this series. When they’re crusty adults like the rest of us, I know they’ll look back at this series with nostalgia and affection.

In an age when many predicted teenagers wouldn’t bother going to the cinema anymore and just squint at their phones, I can confirm that Purley Vue was packed on Sunday, with multiple screenings.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:47 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
We saw Endgame after school on Thursday at Bromley Vue and it was only about half full. However it was being shown EIGHTEEN times that day.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I still think Watchmen is the best super hero film.
Closely followed by The Incredibles.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
We saw Endgame after school on Thursday at Bromley Vue and it was only about half full. However it was being shown EIGHTEEN times that day.
The kids were desperate to see this film in the first couple of days before they heard the spoilers.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM
SC's wet dream

Saw it Wednesday, busy cinema and a big mix of age ranges. Though the film was, imho, about 30 minutes too long it was an good watch and tied up a lot of stories very well.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:49 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
It goes no where i'll give you that.
But if you watch the scenes in it then i'm sure you'll get a laugh.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I was disappointed with End Game. Found it all a bit too predictable and some really cringe scenes that I expected from a Disney filum.
At least it’s all nicely wrapped up now.
The last film was far superior.
6.5/10
Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Saw it Wednesday, busy cinema and a big mix of age ranges. Though the film was, imho, about 30 minutes too long it was an good watch and tied up a lot of stories very well.
one can guarantee that if the film was 30 mins shorter the consensus would have been that it was rushed etc.

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
The time flew by.
I spent more time thinking “I’m going to need a piss soon” than I did actually needing one.

Couple of plot holes unsurprisingly.

I think I preferred infinity War, and annoyed I’d not seen Captain Marvel who had such a big part, but seems to be Super Woman and can do anything.

One very small horrible scene, which seemed to be thrown in to make a “Girl Power” moment which could have been handled far subtler with equal impact.

7.5/10 for me