Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Powell View Post
Ayew already missed a sitter
Don't think that was Ayew

We missed so many chances in that game
Old 15-04-2019, 02:26 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Anyone who watched the game live or on stream - how did Perri look?
Old 15-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Anyone who watched the game live or on stream - how did Perri look?
He looked ok to me, didn't really have much to do but very confident with the ball
Old 15-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

Distribution was top notch
Old 15-04-2019, 02:34 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Big Sam played Kelly over a fit Dann in 2017. I think Dann has been on the wain since then and that's without the injury.
Old 15-04-2019, 03:28 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Using up the underused red shorts and socks I see.
Old 15-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
Don't think that was Ayew

We missed so many chances in that game
It was Ayew he missed 3 one on one with the keeper ,Hodgson watching,
Old 15-04-2019, 04:25 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of the 1 on 1s with keeper was Jairo think lumeka was the last chance from daly throw in ayew missed good few good chances should have won realy .
Old 16-04-2019, 01:39 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I don't disagree with Woosie's suggestion. I don't know enough about Woods to even have meaningful opinion really. So I don't disagree with him or agree with him.

But I do disagree with GF automatically saying that Woosie is right but that Hodgson definitely won't play him and Hodgson is wrong. If Roy does decide to play him this season then I will back his decision and if he decides not to play him then I will back him too. It's this idea that 'I and/ or other fans know better than Hodgson' that does my head in a bit.
The same Hidgson that dropped the impressive AWB for the underperforming Ward when returned from injury. The Ward that was unsurprisingly found wanting in his return games. Yeah Roy knows best. Plays Sclupp in MF ahead of Kouyate too.
Old 16-04-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
The same Hidgson that dropped the impressive AWB for the underperforming Ward when returned from injury. The Ward that was unsurprisingly found wanting in his return games. Yeah Roy knows best. Plays Sclupp in MF ahead of Kouyate too.
Didn't we do really well in those games?
In what way was he found wanting?

Edit: we took 10 points from those 4 games he played. So Roy's decision was completely vindicated. The only one of those games we didn't win was a 0-0 away draw at Watford so nothing to suggest he didn't do his job in that game either.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 16-04-2019, 02:35 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
Distribution was top notch
Worth making the loan into a purchase in the summer then and loaning him out to League 1?
Old 16-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:

Edit: we took 10 points from those 4 games he played. So Roy's decision was completely vindicated. The only one of those games we didn't win was a 0-0 away draw at Watford so nothing to suggest he didn't do his job in that game either.
He was at fault for the goals in his return game v Brighton. AWB had perfirmwd well against Spurs Chelsea and Liverpool and then part of defence that kept 2 clean sheets away from home. The point is he diesnt blood youth unless forced into it. Ward had not been at his best most of the season
Old 16-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Either you are trolling or you don't watch palace games. That is honestly one of the most outrageous things i have ever read on the BBS!

I was at the game and can honestly say 10 men would have been a better option than Ward playing. One of the worst performances by any Palace player in any game i have ever seen. Gave Amir Karic a run for his money!
Old 16-04-2019, 02:57 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Either you are trolling or you don't watch palace games. That is honestly one of the most outrageous things i have ever read on the BBS!

I was at the game and can honestly say 10 men would have been a better option than Ward playing. One of the worst performances by any Palace player in any game i have ever seen. Gave Amir Karic a run for his money!
He was terrible but those starts probably helped sway his decision to sign a new deal. As limited as he is, we couldn't really have afforded to let him go for nothing and pay a few million for an equivalent replacement back up to AWB.

Werner Herzog
Old 16-04-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

I honestly can't remember much about the Watford game except that we drew 0-0 as it was a largely forgettable 0-0 draw. But he obviously didn't make any mistakes that led to a goal. And his selection in those final few games certainly didn't cost us. If you think that is one of the most outrageous things you have ever read on the BBS your memory is clearly limited too.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 16-04-2019, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
He was at fault for the goals in his return game v Brighton. AWB had perfirmwd well against Spurs Chelsea and Liverpool and then part of defence that kept 2 clean sheets away from home. The point is he diesnt blood youth unless forced into it. Ward had not been at his best most of the season
I honestly can't remember that much about his performances in those games. But I do know the results were very good so the selection didn't harm us. From memory I thought he was fine in those games and results were very good. It reminded me of when Hart played Butterfield over Clyne in the final games of 09/10. Going for experience when we faced very high pressure games.

In both cases results worked out well and the following seasons the younger player started in the team and rightly kept their places.

Was he forced to play AWB all this season? No. Did he choose to? Yes.

I'm also not sure which youth we have who we should have played? Also, results have generally been decent under his stewardship so his approach is certainly justifiable even if some people may disagree with it.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 16-04-2019, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
He was terrible but those starts probably helped sway his decision to sign a new deal. As limited as he is, we couldn't really have afforded to let him go for nothing and pay a few million for an equivalent replacement back up to AWB.
That's true. I had forgotten about Ward's contract situation. Which as well as maybe wanting experience at the back for vital games may well have been the reason for Roy's decision. It all went well for us in those games of course and AWB has rightly become a regular since then. I don't understand the criticism of Roy in this instance at all.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2019 at 04:30 PM.