Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 31-07-2020, 07:42 AM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wanna be adored Metallica
Old 04-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Custard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yellow Submarine by Roots Manuva - psychadelic!
Old 05-08-2020, 06:04 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I know it heretical, but I much prefer The King's (Irish Elvis impersonator) version of Song to the Siren than Buckley's.
He did a whole.album of cover versions by dead artists.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:13 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Old 05-08-2020, 10:17 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
The Young Gods - Did you miss me

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-08-2020, 10:20 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
the breeders - happiness is a warm gun

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-08-2020, 10:22 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Odd, but very good, SAHB's versions of Delilah and Next.
Brilliant version. Remember my dad asking me who sang it when I bought it because he thought it was a terrible racket ..

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 05-08-2020, 06:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
He did a whole.album of cover versions by dead artists.
Yes, I know. I've got it. It's excellent.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:48 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
My face as this suddenly appeared on my TV one evening...

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
I prefer this version.

Old 18-08-2020, 10:42 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Kate Rusby's new album "Hand me Down" is a fantastic album of covers of some of her favourite songs from the Kinks to Taylor Swift.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 19-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jenn Grant - Eye of the Tiger

Acoustic alchemy
Old 25-08-2020, 02:16 PM

Super Furry Animals - The Boy with the thorn in his side

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-08-2020, 02:45 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Splodgness Abounds version of Two Little Boys was better than Rolf's .
Didn't RH do a cover of stairway to heaven?
Old 25-08-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle View Post
Didn't RH do a cover of stairway to heaven?
The Godfathers did a cover of Rolf's Sun Arise

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here

The only surprise is that Britney Spears did it.

Placebo did a ton of covers such as

But the Kings of Covers have to be Me The First and the Gimme Gimmes surely? Supergroup of post punk stars who get together purely to punk cover a entire theme for a show.

There's tons

Last edited by Spindle; 25-08-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 25-08-2020, 04:13 PM

the violent femmes - do you really want to hurt me?

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-08-2020, 04:15 PM

violent femmes - children of the revolution

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-08-2020, 05:26 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I know this isn't in the spirit of the thread but I was jolly surprised when I found out that Yazz and the Plastic Population's "The Only Way is Up" was a cover.
Blimey. I knew something about music before you did. Hang your head in shame!
(It was on a mushroom playlist I heard back in January. On topic, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole's cover of Over the Rainbow sent me drifting into space on that very same night.)
Old 25-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Echo and the Bunnymen often did great covers live.

People are strange from the Lost Boys sound track.