Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:47 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
It's staggering that this game was played AFTER the Scottish season got underway.

Congratulations Fulham, I guess.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 04-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Don't try and wiggle out on that. David Seaman, "simply terrible"
You made yourself look a dick.

You didn’t know what a dead ball was

But carry on. It’s fun
Old 04-08-2020, 09:49 PM
A reasonably good buy

Palace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Well done Fulham, have always had a little soft spot for them. Plus there is something I don't like about Brentford, maybe a little too self satisfied.
I have a soft spot for both of them. Mainly because neither are Chelsea.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Desperation Worksop, again.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:52 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Looked like Parker from Thunderbirds in goal

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Desperation Worksop, again.
Dead ball

Dead brain

What a fvckwit

Old 04-08-2020, 09:57 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
When I think of all our players that successfully made the step up from the second tier to the first, I can’t imagine many if any of them going missing in a game of this magnitude like Brentford’s ‘big’ players did tonight. That needs to be a consideration if we are going for any of them.

Be happy to pick one or two up on the cheap mind. After that, buying one of them is akin to buying something that’s got a bit of surface damage to it. You’ll expect a discount

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-08-2020, 09:57 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
You do

But for any keeper at any level to be beaten from 40 odd yards in a dead ball situation is simply terrible
Darren Ambrose

Villa

Cup

Free kick

37.something yards rounds up to 40.

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:04 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
You know Dean Smith is having a quiet word right now with some of the Brentford players.... Hope Dougie is on the blower as we speak.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:53 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought both teams looked very average tonight.

Neither Benrahma nor Watkins gave their Premiership credentials a boost. Not sure either is the answer on that particular showing.
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)

Last edited by jackstacks; 04-08-2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:06 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
When I think of all our players that successfully made the step up from the second tier to the first, I can’t imagine many if any of them going missing in a game of this magnitude like Brentford’s ‘big’ players did tonight. That needs to be a consideration if we are going for any of them.

Be happy to pick one or two up on the cheap mind. After that, buying one of them is akin to buying something that’s got a bit of surface damage to it. You’ll expect a discount
I recall Tammy Abraham and Jack Grealish being completely anonymous at Wembley last season. Safe to say they’ve made the step up.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Palare View Post
I have a soft spot for both of them. Mainly because neither are Chelsea.
Likewise. I lived in W10 and W11 for many years, ABC all the way.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstacks View Post
Thought both teams looked very average tonight.

Benrahma and Watkins included.
That was our take. Based on what we saw, neither team had any players I'd be in a rush to pay multiple millions for.
Brentford will stay where they deserve to be, and Fulham are looking forward to their regular top flight spankings.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:12 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fulham midfielder Onumah impressed.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:13 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Is Watkins really any better than what we had in Gayle? Looks very similar to me
Old 04-08-2020, 11:24 PM
A reasonably good buy

Palace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Likewise. I lived in W10 and W11 for many years, ABC all the way.
I grew up in Croydon, specifically after Chelsea had won the FAC 1970. Don't know what it was like much before, but after it was pretty grim.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
From twitter:

What on earth has the Premier League done to deserve another year of Anthony Knockaert cutting in from the right before scuffing it out for a goal kick.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:32 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
From twitter:

What on earth has the Premier League done to deserve another year of Anthony Knockaert cutting in from the right before scuffing it out for a goal kick.
Can’t see them keeping him. Looks like he has lost pace. At times looked like a hamster in a wheel when chasing the ball.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Is Watkins really any better than what we had in Gayle? Looks very similar to me
I think he looks more willing and capable of putting himself about and operating as a target man than Gayle. Gayle seems to pretty much be a finisher and not much else. So as soon as he gets on a dry streak he looks pretty awful. Advantage of Watkins I think is he can play as a wide forward or as a CF now. He doesn’t have any real pace but is mobile and competes. Gayle doesn’t fit our squad that well but Watkins probably does I would say. The question hangs over does he have the quality to make an impact at PL without pace. Many do.

I have never been convinced in previous summer windows but he has undoubtedly improved, just not sure by how much and is that enough. Today wasn’t a great day for any of their team. He is often described as like Rashford but that must mean looks because he doesn’t have anything like that pace.

Interestingly he and Mitrovic are the top scorers in the Championship but neither have real pace. Pace + quality = PL
Old 04-08-2020, 11:55 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm no expert but, when Lewis Grabban is the third highest scorer in the Championship this season, we really must be very careful before thinking Watkins is the answer.

# Player Team Nationality Goals

1. Aleksandar Mitrovic Fulham Serbia 26
2. Ollie Watkins Brentford England 25
3. Lewis Grabban Nottingham Forest England 20
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)

Last edited by jackstacks; 04-08-2020 at 11:58 PM.