Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-11-2020, 11:39 AM
Unoffical Palace Druid

Andy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Starting to wonder if it might be worth organising another 2010 style protest outside Sainsburys
Old 22-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes I wondered about that. Bring the Grim Reaper out of retirement!
Old 22-11-2020, 11:48 AM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
I have absolutely no idea how much Sainsbury's want for their land but they have zero need to sell as far as I know.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
No one is , but he is dealing with our best interests. Sainsburys are for their shareholders. I know who I’m with.
Me too ... Palace .. but let's not buy into Palace good Supermarket bad Bullshit..
Old 22-11-2020, 12:03 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
I have absolutely no idea how much Sainsbury's want for their land but they have zero need to sell as far as I know.
All part of the negotiation
Old 22-11-2020, 12:11 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
All part of the negotiation
Yes but they, (Sainsbury's), have no need or, as far as I know, any desire to sell therefore why would they drop whatever the price is now?
Old 22-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Hadron Collider

Maybe Sainsbury's could mobilise their shareholders to picket our training ground to put pressure on Palace to pay a higher price?
Oh wait they don't really need to sell
Old 22-11-2020, 12:15 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can only think of compulsory purchase which can only be done by the Council. It is possible that the Council could use its CPO powers to buy the strip from Sainsbury’s but the value would still be on a ransom basis, albeit fixed by a tribunal, and Palace would have to underwrite the costs. However Croydon Council is a bankrupt and incompetent organisation, so it’s very unlikely.
Whilst incompetent they may be it is clear it is in their interest to get this through. Let’s hope something can be done. It does seem crazy that a largely unused tiny strip of land can hold up a multi million pound protect that would benefit thousands of fans, create employment for many local residents and financially benefit the wider community.

Last edited by Mr Bo Jangles; 22-11-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:17 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Rumours that they want £5 million.
When you look at the plans, its hardly a slither of land.
I feel Parish will need to get nearer their valuation, unfortunately they hold the aces, and have no real reason to sell, but this could change now the problem has been made public.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:22 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Yeah good point and likely what will happen. Not sure how financially viable it will be but I agree cheaper tickets are the only way to resolve it.
Maybe revert the front half of the AW to the old 'Arthur Wait Enclosure' configuration (ie rail standing), that way the seats in the back half get the concourse to themselves, which was a much more managable concourse capacity. And make rail standing 20 quid. Standing area is then full, best acoustics in the ground, HF performing right on front of the new tv camera position, and the E400 get their old block back
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Hadron Collider

Is it that it includes the main carpark in front of the new stand though, as we do actually need it for the stand not just the corner strip...?
Old 22-11-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yes but they, (Sainsbury's), have no need or, as far as I know, any desire to sell therefore why would they drop whatever the price is now?
Because no one else will ever pay them anything near ransom value for a small strip of land. If Palace decide to walk away or find another solution, they end up with a worthless strip of land and possibly public criticism for blocking the redevelopment.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:26 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Maybe revert the front half of the AW to the old 'Arthur Wait Enclosure' configuration (ie rail standing), that way the seats in the back half get the concourse to themselves, which was a much more managable concourse capacity. And make rail standing 20 quid. Standing area is then full, best acoustics in the ground, HF performing right on front of the new tv camera position, and the E400 get their old block back
You would need to take the away fans to behind the Sainsbury's end goal and give the AW new lower some space behind the Sky TV box from the stairs that side for loos and food like the away area at the other end of the stand.
Or better still join it up with the lower Holmesdale..
And we lose cash on the seats because railseating is one for one for seats it replaces..
Old 22-11-2020, 12:44 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
If only, great memories of standing there in the 80s. 917L makes a good point though, in that it won't be the centre sections with the best views that will be empty but the sides and at the back.

I guess the positives are the club could bring back the tickets for schools and local community like they did in the championship.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
I’ve been in this position several times in my career. There are only two solutions; find an alternative development proposal which avoids the random strip (which I would guess is what’s happening now) or negotiate.
This is all that is happening. Some people seem to think this is Parish waving a white flag. This public address is a chess move in the negotiation.
Old 22-11-2020, 01:33 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because no one else will ever pay them anything near ransom value for a small strip of land. If Palace decide to walk away or find another solution, they end up with a worthless strip of land and possibly public criticism for blocking the redevelopment.
Would there be much public criticism in reality? Clearly as Palace fans who want to see a stand built, there may be some from us, but the wider populace is unlikely to care greatly that a Premier League football club is unable to build a stand in the way it wants.
Old 22-11-2020, 03:15 PM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Newton View Post
Starting to wonder if it might be worth organising another 2010 style protest outside Sainsburys
I think that's why Parish mentioned it.
Old 22-11-2020, 04:33 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Newton View Post
I've taken to switching round their sandwiches and crisps so that their customers become angry at the self checkout when they don't qualify for the meal deal.
Old 22-11-2020, 04:40 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post

....the wider populace is unlikely to care greatly that a Premier League football club is unable to build a stand in the way it wants.
The club can build the stand exactly as it wants, the Council approved the somewhat brutal design, the Mayor of London has given his approval, now the club is baulking at the reality of the scale of what they have planned.

It is just part of the process of getting the best deal. Every year it drags on the club is milions richer
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
The club will pay for it, but not until they have fought for the best deal.

There is one factor which is covid. Obviously with out supporters at games this would seem like a good opportunity. Depends how quick the building work could start and if really this is the last piece of the puzzle.

This talk over the piece of land is a good thing, for me it shows the club are dealing with it now.