Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sunderland away in the play offs
Old 26-08-2019, 06:36 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Three that will stay with me...

Losing 1 0 to Leicester in play off. Only because it was six weeks after first heart attack. Laying in bed a few weeks before thinking I might never see another game. I had started on the road to recovery but missed the end of season plus a Bruce Springsteen solo concert at the Albert Hall. When we won semi final it acted as the spur needed to push on the road to recovery as a season ticket holder I ordered ticket. Only finally decided to go on the morning of game. We lost it should of been devastating but I walked out feeling like a God I had got an important part of my life back and was going to beat anything thrown at me. The following season I never missed home game made a few away including seem final. At the final whistle against Sheffield Utd it all came out stood there with tears streaming. Mate with me just smiled knew what it meant to me to see us back in top flight

Game 2 Peterboro away won 2 1 under Holloway similar story but by now I had to give up season ticket and missed Palace after heart bypass I made a wish list of things I wanted to do. Note for anyone else going through heart surgery make a wish list not bucket list you have a life ahead of you Seeing Palace live was on it. Anyway that day we were just so good. We here does not mean just the team the fans everything about the club was summed up in that game. Another when I left the ground dropped off son I shed a tear.

Watford semi final won 2 1. This was the dream game from years before. It should of been the play off game against Watford again though it was touch wood the last heart attack I have had it was missed. You want what football more importantly Palace means then it's walking up and back Wembley Way with the next generation of Palace fans in your family. We did Cardiff together but Wembley was the dream from the 1990 Cup Final when the 6 foot plus monster next to me twas just a babe in arms. Ok toddler if I am honest. He was at play off win. The semi final was the first together.
Old 27-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Yes, this has to be one of the best. An almost perfect performance as far as I can remember.
Especially as Ipswich were one of the top sides at the time, FA Cup winners the year before, runners up in the league as well
Old 27-08-2019, 09:09 AM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the day Peter Taylor sunk Chelsea. Valentine's Day, 1976. Mayhem at the Palace end.
Old 27-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
Surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the day Peter Taylor sunk Chelsea. Valentine's Day, 1976. Mayhem at the Palace end.
My first ever away game, scared the crap out of me
Old 27-08-2019, 09:58 AM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
My first ever away game, scared the crap out of me
You and me both.....
Old 27-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Aside from all the big games mentioned, one of my favourites was Palace 2 Blackburn 0 in 2012 when Holloway was watching in the stands. We were so good to watch that day and it really felt like the start of something special.

I also really enjoyed the 5-1 vs Newcastle a few years back. Games at Selhurst are often stressful, screaming for the whistle to be blown. But I didn't want that game to end. We were just so dominant I wanted us to play into the evening and keep scoring goals.
Old 27-08-2019, 10:32 AM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Let’s throw in the 3-2 win at Middlesbrough to win the league in 94
Despite being estatic with the result it was also one of my saddest memories because as soon as we came out of the ground we heard that Senna had been killed at Imola.

Greatest atmosphere was probably Liverpool in the semi-final at Villa Park when I lost my voice for 4 days.

Best ever performance was probably Leeds away in fourth round of FA Cup in 1976 when they were the best side in the country and we out played their full strength side.

Most amazing comeback was at Wrexham in 1977 when we scored 2 critical goals in injury time to win 4-2 which put us into the promotion position. Also the reserve game the following Saturday when over 6000 came but hardly had any interest in the game which included several of the first team and featured a wonder goal from Harkouk. All were just waiting for the result when Mansfield beat Wrexham to secure our promotion.
Old 27-08-2019, 10:45 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
The 3-2 win against Wimbledon in August 91 was quite a game. 3 sending offs, Fashanu coming off worse against Shaw (iirc that it was Shaw) and being carried off and Salako taking the gloves after Martyn was sent off, had it all.

I had come back that afternoon from a 4 day Hockey festival in Holland, so with all the late nights and drinking had almost completely lost my voice, the game meant I was left literally speechless by the end.
Old 27-08-2019, 05:09 PM

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had forgotten the Zenith final....a vastly underrated competition!