Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 28-06-2020, 11:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Not for me, this. It's 'David Bowie', curated by someone who used to be David Bowie. But, I have to admit that he lost me entirely after Scary Monsters.

Last edited by Stellavista; 28-06-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Actually, I quite liked that. Until Mikey G overdid the vibrato on the lead synth towards the end! I'm not ashamed to say I ripped off that main riff quite mercilessly for a song my own band performed at the time.
You ever experienced the realisation that you've written a great new song, and it's someone else's hit?
Old 29-06-2020, 12:05 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
You ever experienced the realisation that you've written a great new song, and it's someone else's hit?
Too often! My days of attempting to write are long gone now, though. Never really got going, if I'm honest, as had to concentrate on the day job. But I was lucky enough to play with some people who had a genuine flair for it, which made for some memorable times. A very long time ago now, unfortunately...
Old 29-06-2020, 04:02 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ask Ed Sheeran
Old 29-06-2020, 09:13 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Call me grumpy, but that's not Bowie in his prime. It's Bowie cabaret, with his most compliant band, doing it by numbers. It's too controlled, even for the controlling Bowie.
Nice for the crowd, and no doubt millions on TV, but it's a bit dull.

And that's the most atrocious version of 'Changes' I can remember hearing.
Not in his prime, but as a mature artist, and fantastic for anyone who enjoyed his 70s/early 80s output.

I was at Glastonbury 97/98/99 and haven't been since. Would have loved to have been there for this, plus the Stones, plus Iggy Pop in 2007. But really the whole thing just got too big for my taste.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-06-2020, 05:42 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Watched Lana Del Rey from 2014- pretty good- though occasionally her vocals got overwhelmed by the music.
Old 29-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEric the Ginga will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Arcade Fire from 2016. Best opening few numbers I can remember. Also The Cure, brilliant and now I want to see them live
Old 30-06-2020, 09:12 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John Hopkins cheered me up after the football... Hypnotic

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 30-06-2020, 09:48 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had the pleasure of seeing each of those Arcade Fire, The Cure and Jon Hopkins sets live and they were all spectacular in their own ways.

But yes, Jon Hopkins is a set I listen to a lot on Soundcloud. There is a drop at about 1hr 1min in that always brings goosebumps.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:15 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I've seen The Cure a few time live over the years. Always fantastic but watching the Glastonbury show I can't help but see that Robert Smith has turned into Susan Boyle.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:51 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I've seen The Cure a few time live over the years. Always fantastic but watching the Glastonbury show I can't help but see that Robert Smith has turned into Susan Boyle.
And he was a skinny youth. I don't get it. He didn't seem to be a big drinker as a youngster. Maybe his Mrs makes exceedingly good cakes?