Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-01-2017, 01:48 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'head Eagle View Post
One positive product of todays ruling, Labour will lose the 2 byelections coming up. In fact could be worth calling a general election and wipe them off the map north of Watford.

All today has done is give UKIP a voice and now a role with more messy potentially harder Brexit.
no need. They just need a small majority to get any deal through
Old 24-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
you missed May's speech then
if that was the detailed action plan you need to be worried.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:54 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Eh? Is there a point to these random words?
yes there is in this case. Remainers are giving the impression that they all knew this would happen - 'thicky Brexiters not understanding Parliamentary Process' . ie you didn't really see in any discussions by anyone ever ever ever prior to the Referendum saying." and if there is a Brexit vote the next stage will be a challenge citing anti Royal Prerogative Privilage case law from the 1600s followed by a Parliamentary vote on A50'.

Thats all
Old 24-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
if that was the detailed action plan you need to be worried.
I'm not worried at all *

* I am of course worried about Palace's form
Old 24-01-2017, 01:58 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
From BBC live news feed;

"The 2015 European Union Referendum Act contained no such proposal – and, the justices say, ministers couldn’t agree in public statements about whether the result was advisory or decisive.

The subtext is clear: the justices are saying that the former PM could have signed off a referendum that was a lot clearer. During the hearings one of the barristers, Manjit Gill QC, put it another way.

We’re only here, he said, because nobody in government and Parliament thought there would be a vote to leave."

David Cameron's undying arrogance really has buggered us up hasn't it! Everybody has voted for something they can interpret as they like!
It said on the ballot it was non-binding and advisory...
Old 24-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
yes there is in this case. Remainers are giving the impression that they all knew this would happen - 'thicky Brexiters not understanding Parliamentary Process' . ie you didn't really see in any discussions by anyone ever ever ever prior to the Referendum saying." and if there is a Brexit vote the next stage will be a challenge citing anti Royal Prerogative Privilage case law from the 1600s followed by a Parliamentary vote on A50'.

Thats all
I think you're attributing a great deal more meaning to my words than there was.

Simply, I always believed that our parliamentary process ruled our country. This has been demonstrated, despite some politicians trying to avoid it.

(And despite the insistence by many Leavers that the EU ruled our country.)
Old 24-01-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I think you're attributing a great deal more meaning to my words than there was.

Simply, I always believed that our parliamentary process ruled our country. This has been demonstrated, despite some politicians trying to avoid it.

(And despite the insistence by many Leavers that the EU ruled our country.)
apologies - wasn't specifically meaning you.

Not sure that many people thought the EU ruled our country
Old 24-01-2017, 02:09 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:

You are joking - from bent bananas to too many immigrants millions have been brain washed into believing the EU is the devil
Old 24-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Majority of Britons disagree with Supreme Court ruling on Article 50

A poll a few weeks old. But nothing will have changed of course.

"A majority of British adults don't think that Theresa May should have to consult Parliament before triggering Article 50, according to a recent poll. This opinion is in contrast to the Supreme Court's ruling that MPs must vote before the Government can start the process of withdrawing from the European Union. Although this ruling has no bearing on whether the UK will leave the EU, it will allow opposition parties the opportunity to hold up the process by tabling amendments.

It also means that the bill to trigger Article 50 will have to be voted on by the Lords - the majority of whom are anti-Brexit - as well as by MPs. Polling carried out by YouGov earlier this month found that 54 per cent of British adults felt that the decision to trigger Article 50, and thus formally start the process of exiting the EU, should rest with the Prime Minister and not with Parliament. This rises to 85 per cent among those who voted to leave the EU in last June's referendum but falls to just 28 per cent among those who voted to remain. In total, just 31 per cent of British adults said that Parliament should have the final say.

more here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Power to the people!! in a Wolfie way.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Biggineagle; 24-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 24-01-2017, 02:16 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post

A poll a few weeks old. But nothing will have changed of course.

"A majority of British adults don't think that Theresa May should have to consult Parliament before triggering Article 50, according to a recent poll. This opinion is in contrast to the Supreme Court's ruling that MPs must vote before the Government can start the process of withdrawing from the European Union. Although this ruling has no bearing on whether the UK will leave the EU, it will allow opposition parties the opportunity to hold up the process by tabling amendments.

It also means that the bill to trigger Article 50 will have to be voted on by the Lords - the majority of whom are anti-Brexit - as well as by MPs. Polling carried out by YouGov earlier this month found that 54 per cent of British adults felt that the decision to trigger Article 50, and thus formally start the process of exiting the EU, should rest with the Prime Minister and not with Parliament. This rises to 85 per cent among those who voted to leave the EU in last June's referendum but falls to just 28 per cent among those who voted to remain. In total, just 31 per cent of British adults said that Parliament should have the final say.

more here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Power to the people!! in a Wolfie way.
I thought that all polls were bollocks or is this one ok because it agrees (marginally) with your stated position on something?
Old 24-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
We are saved!! #Leave is now alive and well !! Blair to fly out to talk to EU Commision.

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 24-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman View Post
I thought that all polls were bollocks or is this one ok because it agrees (marginally) with your stated position on something?
You are mistaking me for SE25. He is the Poll King. Surprised he didnt put that one out there....oh..

Old 24-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
To me, all this shows is that if the press kick up a fuss and say something isn't right (even though it demonstrably is) loads of people believe it.
Old 24-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:

No worries. Although you did quote me.
Old 24-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
To me, all this shows is that if the press kick up a fuss and say something isn't right (even though it demonstrably is) loads of people believe it.
To you it would. Still never mind.

Old 24-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Gina Miller: National Hero.
Indeed.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
To you it would. Still never mind.
Another well reasoned and articulate post from the resident Bigot, sorry Biggin.
Old 24-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Another well reasoned and articulate post from the resident Bigot,
If you feel good saying that smiley good on ya

Old 24-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
If you feel good saying that smiley good on ya
Fella, it doesn't make me feel bad or good calling you a bigot. Like gravity keeps me in the ground, like the sun and stars stay in the sky - it just is.
Old 24-01-2017, 02:51 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fella, it doesn't make me feel bad or good calling you a bigot. Like gravity keeps me in the ground, like the sun and stars stay in the sky - it just is.
You tease us.