Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-01-2017, 09:19 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Which side though should I blame?

Yes, of course I would be angry, but my response would be wanting to bang heads together, not to take sides.
Exactly. Bosses and the government making workers so screwed over they will lose pay to go on strike.

But the bigger point is that anti union laws are now so restrictive that employers can screw workers over with little reaction. The amount of strike days are pitifully low.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:21 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Self preservation came first for me.
I'm shocked, I thought it would be solidarity.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:40 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
With elections, you can change ya mind in a few years. With brexit... I just feel people were lied to, and they've screwed the next 2 generations... nothing we can do about it.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:48 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
You couldn't make this up To view the link you have to Register or Login UK Dad left with foreign accent syndrome after workplace accident gave him brain damage told to go back home by yobs...
Old 21-01-2017, 09:49 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
With elections, you can change ya mind in a few years. With brexit... I just feel people were lied to, and they've screwed the next 2 generations... nothing we can do about it.
There's plenty to do...to stop the lies and madness of Brexit
Old 21-01-2017, 10:09 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Excellent ; you are now claiming to know as much as George Soros.

I'd ask if there was any end to your insanity, but I don't think I could phrase it simply enough.
I respect you as one of the better posters on here but please don't hold up this scumbag as anything to respect or know more than anyone else.

Back to the thread............
Old 21-01-2017, 10:11 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
are you saying the 350m pa to each household is not true then.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:19 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
?
Old 21-01-2017, 11:00 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
If it was true the Brexit side would have won by a landslide.

Always worth repeating. From the BBC in April:

Quote:
On Friday's Today Programme, on BBC Radio 4, Gisela Stuart, co-chair of Vote Leave, said: "Every week we send £350m to Brussels.

"I'd rather that we control how to spend that money, and if I had that control I would spend it on the NHS."
And from the Independent:

Quote:
Nearly half of the British public believe Vote Leave’s claim that the UK pays £350 million a week to the European Union despite the figure being debunked, a poll shows.

Ipsos MORI found that 47 per cent of the public believe that the claim, which has been repeatedly criticised by the UK Statistics Authority, is true.

Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centerpiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-01-2017, 03:11 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Who lied to who? Certainly there were exaggerations on both sides, with remain having the benefit of the whole government machine, much of big business and establishment institutions behind them.

At the end of the day we alll knew what the stakes were ahead of June 23rd Most people thought (especially David Cameron) the vote would be to stay in the EU and many remainers (especially in the younger age group) did not bother to vote.

However we are were we are and those who voted leave and were disappointed in the mid 70's did not moan for ever more accepted the situation and got on with it.

There is much remainders can do to ensure that the future outside the EU is positive for everybody. In the end the UK chose democracy over the undemocratic life in the EU

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 21-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Who lied to who? Certainly there were exaggerations on both sides, with remain having the benefit of the whole government machine, much of big business and establishment institutions behind them.

At the end of the day we alll knew what the stakes were ahead of June 23rd Most people thought (especially David Cameron) the vote would be to stay in the EU and many remainers (especially in the younger age group) did not bother to vote.

However we are were we are and those who voted leave and were disappointed in the mid 70's did not moan for ever more accepted the situation and got on with it.

There is much remainders can do to ensure that the future outside the EU is positive for everybody. In the end the UK chose democracy over the undemocratic life in the EU
Really? How do you suppose UKIP came about?
Old 21-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

They did moan forever, though.
Old 21-01-2017, 07:24 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Really? How do you suppose UKIP came about?
Not until almost 20 years later and only after it became clear that rather than change the EU was becoming less and less Democratic

Old 21-01-2017, 07:29 PM
In a nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
They did moan forever, though.
While a few may have done, I think the majority tried to find days to make it work and change the EU from within, but there came a point when it ewewas obvious it would not change. Mind you if this year produces the possible political changes that could happen there still could be positive change. Its never too late

Old 21-01-2017, 07:30 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is a joke right?
Old 21-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
While a few may have done, I think the majority tried to find days to make it work and change the EU from within, but there came a point when it ewewas obvious it would not change. Mind you if this year produces the possible political changes that could happen there still could be positive change. Its never too late
We must have been living in parallel Britains, you and I - some kind of rip in the fabric of time, I guess.
Old 21-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not until almost 20 years later and only after it became clear that rather than change the EU was becoming less and less Democratic
As soon as Thatcher went the rabid Tory nutjobs have never stopped moaning. 27 years of moaning about bananas, the metric system, "eurocrats" etc.
Old 21-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
As soon as Thatcher went the rabid Tory nutjobs have never stopped moaning. 27 years of moaning about bananas, the metric system, "eurocrats" etc.
Stay abroad and out of touch, its what you do best
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 21-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Immigration is lowest concern on young voters’ Brexit list To view the link you have to Register or Login
Young voters aged 18 to 34 believe that reducing immigration is the least important issue Theresa May should focus on as she prepares to take the UK out of the EU, a new poll has found.

The survey by Opinium found that people in this age group put reducing numbers coming into the UK last out of 22 priorities, with the availability of jobs, protection of human rights and well-funded public services their main concerns.
Old 22-01-2017, 09:18 AM
In a nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Why give the Tories all the credit, plenty on the left in the Labour party have fought long and hard against the EU. Tony Benn, Peter Shore, Mr Corbyn, Barbara Castle and more.

Leaves biggest funder Mr Banks hates the Tories

Give credit where its due