Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Do they? I can't remember many Palace players doing that and then getting a rousing reception 48 hours later?

He's a big Arsenal fan..
I'm a big Palace fan, plastered it all over the world wide web, should I keep an eye on my phone just in case a bid comes in?

Arsenal used 'Zaha' for their own gain far more than 'Zaha' used the media for his.
Old 15-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
He got an ovation because he was desperate to leave the club but the club refused to sell at well below his valuation?

Yay Wilf.
No. He got the ovation because of who, what and how he has done for Palace in the past, and purely because he was still here and ready to play, he came on.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I take it you didn't cheer Wilf between January 2013 and the end of that season - after all, he'd made it so clear then that he didn't want to play for Palace that he'd signed for another club.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 15-08-2019, 01:01 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
No. He got the ovation because of who, what and how he has done for Palace in the past, and purely because he was still here and ready to play.
Which, in my opinion (And yours I think? ), he ruined all of that good work in the pre-season, so shouldn't have done.

Anyway that's enough from me. He'll be gone in January and hopefully we'll get someone in who wants to play for this glorious football club.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:17 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thought the discussion was about how we treat Wilf after the way he's behaved. I've given my opinion, not the HF's. Are you seriously suggesting that the only people who didn't cheer for Zaha on Saturday are the HF??

Can anyone not in the HF confirm?
What ever player is about to go on the pitch to play for palace I will want to do well (maybe not mutch) if it is wickham daly whoever if they do well it's good for the team . Tho after what wilf done in summer I look at him different now and a lot of fans I know also do they obviously want him to earn his 130 grand a week and play to that standard but how they feel is a different matter every fan will have there own veiw and that's life .
Old 15-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:
Which, in my opinion (And yours I think? ), he ruined all of that good work in the pre-season, so shouldn't have done.

Anyway that's enough from me. He'll be gone in January and hopefully we'll get someone in who wants to play for this glorious football club.
Tbf yes, me personally, he lost SOME of that respect, so I didn't join the first ovation.

But, the reason he still got the ovation was because of everything else he had done, whilst that was tainted for me, others less so, and that's fine.

The difference is, I'm not telling everyone they were wrong for cheering just because I didn't, or defending those that didn't join in because he threw his toys out when he didn't get the move he wanted...... To revisit the question you posed previously, prior to Zaha trying to force a move, the most recent incident of this was a group of fans
Old 15-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
This thread has polarised into a binary view that people have either booed Wilf or cheered him from the rafters like teenage groupies.

Surely those are just the extreme ends of how some fans reacted? In my experience of being there and having discussed Wilf with numerous people in recent weeks, most of us fall within the middle of those extremes.

Sitting in the Main Stand, I heard no boos towards Wilf. He was warmly clapped by many whilst he warmed up in front us, and responded with a huge grin and a clap back.

For the substitution, many more of us applauded, however I should add that clapping a player on (and the player going off) is pretty normal for us. We want to encourage the team after all. Speaking for my group, we felt Ayew had put in a good shift and deserved a clap off, and we also wanted to encourage Wilf to do his best.

Our group opinion is generally that we’re happy to have Wilf and will ofcourse support him.

However...there is growing opinion in the fans I know that we don’t want this transfer hoo-ha and circus every window. We are getting sick of it. If it’s true that he’s been wanting a move for months, less than a year after that latest contract, several of us said the club can’t keep throwing money at him for ever. There is a financial tipping point and we’d understand if Parish said we’ve reached it with Wilf.

Last edited by Yoda; 15-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:31 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We will probaly not know how fans realy think of wilf till he comes back with enougher club or they bring him on the pitch after he has finished playing look at the reactions Jim cannon don Rodgers ect get still and half the fan base prob don't know who they are .
Old 15-08-2019, 01:32 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes, because the HF's vision to create a better atmosphere at Selhurst Park is exactly the same as a spoilt footballer on 130k a week wanting 200k a week. Can totally see how they're exactly the same and you've come to that conclusion..
And they wanted to do that by shitting on real Palace fans.
Even worse - they got their own spoilt way.

The HF - not in my name.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think some people on here were disappointed that the majority of fans don't support their negative image/attitude towards a WANT AWAY FOR THE THIRD SUMMER IN A ROW Palace player.
EFA .. yeah you're right as always I would rather sing for the players that want to play for us!
Of course if you're just watching on the illegal stream from Spain it probably doesn't matter very much!
I'll wave to you from Sheffield on Sunday so don't play the you're a better fan than me game!
Old 15-08-2019, 01:36 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Will support the players who want to play for the club 100%.

The others can **** off, buttercup
Hate to break it to you... They play for the money mate.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
This thread has polarised into a binary view that people have either booed Wilf or cheered him from the rafters like teenage groupies.

Surely those are just the extreme ends of how some fans reacted? In my experience of being there and having discussed Wilf with numerous people in recent weeks, most of us fall within the middle of those extremes.

Sitting in the Main Stand, I heard no boos towards Wilf. He was warmly clapped by many whilst he warmed up in front us, and responded with a huge grin and a clap back.

For the substitution, many more of us applauded, however I should add that clapping a player on (and the player going off) is pretty normal for us. We want to encourage the team after all. Speaking for my group, we felt Ayew had put in a good shift and deserved a clap off, and we also wanted to encourage Wilf to do his best.

Our group opinion is generally that were happy to have Wilf and will ofcourse support him.

However...there is growing opinion in the fans I know that we dont want this transfer hoo-ha and circus every window. We are getting sick of it. If its true that hes been wanting a move for months, less than a year after that latest contract, several of us said the club cant keep throwing money at him for ever. There is a financial tipping point and wed understand if Parish said weve reached it with Wilf.
I didn't boo Wilf but just like the HF .. Wilf ...for now is off the song list.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:41 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People are free to do as they please.

The pragmatic approach is surely to forgive the player that has given a huge amount to the club and has very likely been let down by the owners in some capacity.

Since the transfer request he has behaved like a consummate professional and our performance this season, as always, will rely heavily on how he performs whilst at the club so showing him support is a no brainer.

Making it out like he should be booed as a matter of principal actually sends out a pretty negative message to the rest of the squad if he has indeed been let down - and in any way wouldn't we all rather that there was a mutual parting on good terms with our best ever player? That outcome is literally in our hands.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Hate to break it to you... They play for the money mate.
Sadly it's true what you say ...so when they want to go .....sell the ****ers!
Nobody bid the right cash ..... Wilf needs to realise that.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:53 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Our group opinion is generally that were happy to have Wilf and will ofcourse support him.

However...there is growing opinion in the fans I know that we dont want this transfer hoo-ha and circus every window. We are getting sick of it. If its true that hes been wanting a move for months, less than a year after that latest contract, several of us said the club cant keep throwing money at him for ever. There is a financial tipping point and wed understand if Parish said weve reached it with Wilf.
Perhaps this thread has gone that way but as I said in my very first post on this subject, he got nothing from me, no boos but certainly no clapping. I was just amazed that so many supported the man who, in my eyes, was so disrespectful to the club. All a bit embarrassing really.

For what it's worth I didn't hear many if any boos in the stadium.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I take it you didn't cheer Wilf between January 2013 and the end of that season - after all, he'd made it so clear then that he didn't want to play for Palace that he'd signed for another club.
Old 15-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyway that's enough from me.
I thought that would be too good to be true.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 15-08-2019, 02:05 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I thought that would be too good to be true.

God bless you Steve. Hope youre well.
Old 15-08-2019, 02:22 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps this thread has gone that way but as I said in my very first post on this subject, he got nothing from me, no boos but certainly no clapping. I was just amazed that so many supported the man who, in my eyes, was so disrespectful to the club. All a bit embarrassing really.

For what it's worth I didn't hear many if any boos in the stadium.
I think you are wrongly maybe thinking that the ovation is done only out of adulation when actually in the main people just wanted him to come on and bloody score . If the supporters thought Wayne Hennessey could come on and nod one in they sing for him as well.

One thing I would say if you found it all a bit embarrassing then maybe you should get out a bit more
Old 15-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think some people on here were disappointed that the majority of fans don't support their negative image/attitude towards a Palace player.
Absolutely.