Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-08-2018, 10:29 PM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leeds Utd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex De Large View Post
I agree. They have had a hard time of it in recent years and always get behind the team unlike West Ham and Newcastle fans who think they have a god given right to be in the Prem. In fact I hope West Ham go down this year and are replaced by Leeds.

I’m afraid there are plenty of Leeds fans who think they are entitled to be in the Premier League, Facebook is full of them. Last season some of them said that Bournemouth, Watford and Burnley had no right to be there. No doubt that if Leeds did go up they will be the first to demand an end to promotion and relegation to and from the Premier League.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's funny how little / stupid things stick in the mind. One of my abiding memories of going to Elland Road was in the late 80s, when John Pemberton was in the side. At the time one of the more shit "songs" (I use the word loosely) was "[insert name] give us an aaah". That day it was the turn of "Pembo, give us an aaah, Pembo Pembo give us an aaah" - and do you know, he did - he turned to the crowd with a sheepish grin on his face and did a little "Aaaah." It was quite funny at the time.

We lost 0-1 that day, which was less funny.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:03 AM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Scum. I remember them in late August 1994 and waiting for a 159 at The Clock Tower and this bunch of loud mouths coming past ina car giving it the big one because they beat us.

My cousins were from Keighley. I always remember back in the Revie years that they thought they were the chosen ones.Even though at the time we got some results from them.
I had the opportunity to confront them face to face in the old stand during an FA Cup youth final when they called us “cockneys”. Now I live in Spain and have to listen to loads of shit about them and Villa “belonging” to the Premier League. Well both clubs can feck off as far as i’m I concerned.
Leeds fans are the offspring of Boycott. Arrogant shites.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:28 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Horrible club, horrible fans. Some of us older ones do not forget.
Football clubs are like a regenerating organism though, the club you knew back when ever isnt the same one it is now, just as the team of the early 2000s is a distant memory. I understand if you hold a grudge but dont think you should expect other people to just because they werent alive or aware when you formed your opinion.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:32 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian of Chatham View Post
I’m afraid there are plenty of Leeds fans who think they are entitled to be in the Premier League, Facebook is full of them. Last season some of them said that Bournemouth, Watford and Burnley had no right to be there. No doubt that if Leeds did go up they will be the first to demand an end to promotion and relegation to and from the Premier League.
I wouldnt use Facebook as any sort of barometer. The one on the Palace groups are full *******.
Old 29-08-2018, 05:11 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
May be good training methods for the start of the season but it’s 46+ games so I guess he has the experience and nous to avoid burning his players out later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 29-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
They are like a more energetic version of Newcastle fans - ridiculous numbers of them and if they come up they will assume they will finish top 8 in their first season.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-08-2018, 06:42 AM

transformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep - was there . As you say - not pleasant . Got involved stopping one of ours getting
a shoeing as they were trying to nick his watch .Old Bill just turned their backs.
Not a pleasant lot at the time - not sure if they've improved over the years .
Old 29-08-2018, 06:50 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

One of my earliest memories of going mental at a last minute equaliser.
Boy did I go home with a big smile on my face that day.
Old 29-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Ha ha Gary Sprake - what a tragic goalkeeping figure he was.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:24 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Ha ha Gary Sprake - what a tragic goalkeeping figure he was.
The thing was he was actually a very good GK but just prone to the odd error but he certainly cut a tragic figure when he became ostracised by his old teammates for revealing how Revie would try and fix matches, and is cited as the reason why Revie suddenly quit the England managers job, when Sprake was about to speak to a national newspaper.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-08-2018, 07:27 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Most places were horrible to go to in the 70’s and 80’s. Leeds was definitely one I admit. We won there on a midweek 2-1 I think in the mid late 80’s a Dave M penalty that barely squeezed under their keeper won it. Wasn’t great walking back to the car.

I work in Leeds and know plenty of fans. They’re all right generally although they do think they will rise to the dizzy heights of winning the PL and be European champions in the next 3 years.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
They will not give a toss about the Cups.

Hopefully they run aground by Xmas and the usual infighting begins.
Just like every other season - here’s hoping anyway. Living / working among them, they really are a deluded fan base on a par with West Ham and Newcastle. Last season epitomised them completely, with them spouting off around October / November that they were up (and where they’d finish this season - most thought Europe), including putting down a load of bets.
Old 29-08-2018, 08:49 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
One of the moments thanks to Youtube I can never tire of watching - I think I actually swore at the time but my dad chose not to say anything on this occasion
Old 29-08-2018, 08:51 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Football clubs are like a regenerating organism though, the club you knew back when ever isnt the same one it is now, just as the team of the early 2000s is a distant memory. I understand if you hold a grudge but dont think you should expect other people to just because they werent alive or aware when you formed your opinion.
Which is precisely why I said "some."
Old 29-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibalama View Post
Scum. I remember them in late August 1994 and waiting for a 159 at The Clock Tower and this bunch of loud mouths coming past ina car giving it the big one because they beat us.

Is that it?

Is this what we are holding grudges for 25 years later?

Or am I being whooshed?
Old 29-08-2018, 11:51 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Scumbag club with scumbag fans.

Always have been.
Always will be.

The End.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Think Millwall of The North but much more successful and support in greater numbers.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Mr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Horrible club, horrible fans. Some of us older ones do not forget.
Dirty Leeds is a thing for a reason.

I echo everyone who wants to see them stay in the Championship.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gristle View Post
Dirty Leeds is a thing for a reason.

I echo everyone who wants to see them stay in the Championship.
I think there's a few on here that have a romanticised view of Leeds Utd.
They seem to forget Don Revie who shit on England and the scumbag fans.

Hope they go into liquidation.