Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-05-2020, 04:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Every game to be shown live on either Sky, BT, BBC or Amazon Prime.

Sky to make 25 games free to air.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-05-2020, 04:50 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I'm surprised that the remaining FA Cup games aren't being cancelled. If we hadn't been knocked out, I would be dreading that this would finally be our year.

Presenting a captain with the FA Cup at Wembley in front of nobody? Wtf is the point in that.
Old 29-05-2020, 05:03 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Weirdly Freesports are broadcasting a game from this Monday afternoon. Midtjylland v Horsens for anyone still doing nothing at home at 3pm. Is it a holiday in Denmark? Freesports also got a couple of Polish league games onnover the weekend. Not sure if Jach is involved or not though.
Yes its a holiday on Monday here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 29-05-2020, 08:27 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I'm surprised that the remaining FA Cup games aren't being cancelled. If we hadn't been knocked out, I would be dreading that this would finally be our year.

Presenting a captain with the FA Cup at Wembley in front of nobody? Wtf is the point in that.
Oh my I never thought of that. Yes, it would’ve been so typical and awful really.

Have to admit I was relieved when we got knocked out this season, as Mrs Bubbs sister had organised her wedding for bloody Cup Final day. Just had a sinking feeling when I heard that we would get there. Needless to say, wedding got cancelled in the end too.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-05-2020, 08:44 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Absolutely this.

'When Luka went up, to lift the FA Cup - we weren't there, we weren't there'
Old 29-05-2020, 08:45 AM
DFB Pokal Final

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Absolutely this.

'When Luka went up, to lift the FA Cup - we weren't there, we weren't there'
Old 29-05-2020, 10:48 AM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I bet Watford wish last season's FA Cup Final had been behind closed doors and broadcast only on an obscure pay-per-view channel.....
Old 29-05-2020, 11:20 AM
9 in a Row User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It's still a major honour, there is prize money and other contracts involved? I know fans make football, but when it's impossible for fans to be at football, we can't just abandon it all.

Black Lives Matter
Old 29-05-2020, 11:47 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
I have a slight issue with the idea that "football is nothing without fans".

The football industry without fans is nothing. But for football in its simplest form, the opposite is true. The whole appeal of football is that you can play it anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Kids up the side of a Nepalese mountain with a scrunched up ball of paper don't need fans to enjoy football.

Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous, isn't it, etc.

Much more accurately, right now, the football industry is nothing without professional football clubs. The entire purpose of Project Restart is financial - to honour the broadcast contract and complete the season so these clubs can get through to the other side of the crisis. In the PL, it is purely about broadcast revenue paying clubs' ridiculous wage bills and other overheads.

Nobody likes the top level of the game being beholden to broadcast contracts, but that's where we are.

These games could be played up the side of a Nepalese mountain with a scrunched up piece of paper for all I care, so long as we get through to the other side.
Old 29-05-2020, 02:16 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Football games in Poland will be allowed spectators from 19 June but stadiums will only be allowed to be a quarter full. That could create an interesting conundrum if England do something similar in a few months time. I guess existing season ticket holders would have priority but even then you couldn’t allow every season ticket holder in. You could have a rota or lottery system but I imagine that could lead to some unfairness.

Last edited by Mr Mojo Risin; 29-05-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 29-05-2020, 03:28 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we know the first fixtures on the 17th June, is there anywhere with a link to the following ones yet please? cant find it...
Old 29-05-2020, 03:38 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:

Be funny if Sheffield United were to win it, their fans denied a once in a lifetime chance to properly enjoy it
Old 29-05-2020, 03:51 PM

Of course, there's still an outside chance of a European place awaiting us, only for European competitions to be cancelled next season.

- John Peel
Old 29-05-2020, 05:25 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle View Post
It's still a major honour, there is prize money and other contracts involved? I know fans make football, but when it's impossible for fans to be at football, we can't just abandon it all.
I think for a cup competition, you absolutely can. The League needs to finish for continuity in terms of promotion and relegation, but this isn't a factor in a cup competition.

I love the FA Cup by the way (or at least, I loved what it was), but playing it now seems odd.
Old 29-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
I have a slight issue with the idea that "football is nothing without fans".

The football industry without fans is nothing. But for football in its simplest form, the opposite is true. The whole appeal of football is that you can play it anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Kids up the side of a Nepalese mountain with a scrunched up ball of paper don't need fans to enjoy football.

Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous, isn't it, etc.

Much more accurately, right now, the football industry is nothing without professional football clubs. The entire purpose of Project Restart is financial - to honour the broadcast contract and complete the season so these clubs can get through to the other side of the crisis. In the PL, it is purely about broadcast revenue paying clubs' ridiculous wage bills and other overheads.

Nobody likes the top level of the game being beholden to broadcast contracts, but that's where we are.

These games could be played up the side of a Nepalese mountain with a scrunched up piece of paper for all I care, so long as we get through to the other side.
I havent really got this clamouring about ‘football is nothing without fans’ either, the fans will still be there, watching on TV.
Old 30-05-2020, 08:09 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I’ve not seen anything about Championship or league one

Is that restarting as well ?
Old 30-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

I’d take that scenario
Old 30-05-2020, 08:35 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I’ve not seen anything about Championship or league one

Is that restarting as well ?
I think the Championship will restart around a similar time to the Premier League and they are back in training. League One haven't yet agreed what to do next.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

When I first read this I completely agreed, however in the same way the Premier League has to return for financial reasons I think this does too. As much as I loathe the FA I think it’s hard to argue that the FA cup isn’t a major reason that this country has such a solid pyramid structure of non league. Although I think it’s unlikely to go ahead in the early stages next year a prospering FA cup in the future can continue to help fund grass routes clubs.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:20 AM

Championship resuming June 20.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looking forward to watching Leeds implode again and the clowns get relegated again of course.

- John Peel