Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-11-2021, 05:10 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
Anyone got a link to The Athletic podcast ?

Nothing on my Cystal Palace page and searching by podcast brings nothing up.

Thanks!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-11-2021, 06:32 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Excellent, thank you!
Old 25-11-2021, 07:34 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Excellent listen. He's certainly very passionate!

Interesting that the 4 owners have a meeting every Friday at 11am to discuss things.

Sounds like he is already thinking ahead about giving our Academy prospects stepping stones and opportunities at other clubs etc.

Also interesting to hear about his Benfica connections. Wonder if he will push for them to be the Portuguese members of the Global Football Alliance given the digital and academy synergies/ambitions. Link below refers.

Old 25-11-2021, 09:48 PM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Listening now. He's excellent. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and really passionate about Palace and community sport.
Just had a look at his twitter stuff, and one thing that stands out is he seems as interested/passionate about our U18s, U23s and Palace Women's Football as he does about the first team.

Good on him.
Old 25-11-2021, 10:45 PM

Jimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
sounds so much like Bob Odenkirk
Old 25-11-2021, 10:49 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo number 5 View Post
sounds so much like Bob Odenkirk

I'm listening now and all I can see in my mind is Odenkirk talking
Old 26-11-2021, 09:27 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fantastic insight into the decision making process at Board level and should provide comfort that our club is in good hands, with a sense of purpose ,looking for continuous improvement and at a pace we can afford.
Can't help but think that beyond maintaining premiership status and increasing match day revenue through the ground development that long term it's our academy and the players it might produce to play ,loan and sell that will allow us to catch up with our north London and west London counterparts.
Potentially exciting times and long may it continue !!!!
Old 26-11-2021, 01:16 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I found this an interesting listen. He's seems extremely thoughtful and is certainly a fan of Steve Parish so seems like a goof fit on the face of it. I was interested that he referenced FFP as being a constraint to closing the gap while also being supportive of it. Suggests that at least they're not thinking of tightening the purse strings too much. i.e. they're not too concerned about breaking even from a P&L perspective.
Old 26-11-2021, 01:31 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's certainly still trying with Benfica. Not sure he's going to get anywhere. The academy in the US where Montes came from was set up by Textor decades ago. The club he's gone to on loan is owned by Blitzer. However I still don't think Montes gets the points to be able to play for us. I can see that another club that Palace could exchange with is needed to achieve the 'master plan' of 'adding value' to a youth developed player.

It's pretty clear Textor wants us to do something similar to what Chelsea do. Which I don't disagree with. It's benefited Chelsea hugely and they've done it off the back of players that could/should in some instances be coming through our academy. Add in a US talent pool and if it comes off it could be huge for the club and it's 'reach'.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 26-11-2021 at 01:34 PM.
Old 26-11-2021, 01:41 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I didn't know he was a professional Skateboarder. Very interesting - used to compete against Rodney Mullen, until a head injury in competition ended his career. His sponsor was Sims, and as part of his gratitude, bought them at a later date.
Old 26-11-2021, 01:59 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
He's certainly still trying with Benfica. Not sure he's going to get anywhere. The academy in the US where Montes came from was set up by Textor decades ago. The club he's gone to on loan is owned by Blitzer. However I still don't think Montes gets the points to be able to play for us. I can see that another club that Palace could exchange with is needed to achieve the 'master plan' of 'adding value' to a youth developed player.

It's pretty clear Textor wants us to do something similar to what Chelsea do. Which I don't disagree with. It's benefited Chelsea hugely and they've done it off the back of players that could/should in some instances be coming through our academy. Add in a US talent pool and if it comes off it could be huge for the club and it's 'reach'.
Montes is an interesting case as the natural progression for US players is university teams and then MLS and then overseas. He seems to have bypassed MLS and gone directly overseas. He is currently playing second division Belgium football in a league with only 8 teams and I am not sure what level that is compared to the UK.. He only has a 1 year contract with us and it does seem like a promotional signing to help highlight the football academy in Florida that Textor is involved with.
Old 26-11-2021, 02:02 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Montes is an interesting case as the natural progression for US players is university teams and then MLS and then overseas. He seems to have bypassed MLS and gone directly overseas. He is currently playing second division Belgium football in a league with only 8 teams and I am not sure what level that is compared to the UK.. He only has a 1 year contract with us and it does seem like a promotional signing to help highlight the football academy in Florida that Textor is involved with.
No he was on the 'roster' of Portland Timber academy graduates. There was another MLS club that wanted him. Timbers didn't offer him a deal they wanted him to train for a month first. Sounds like he got the hump as he had already been an academy player for them. Then came to us.
Old 26-11-2021, 03:23 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He seems energetic and full of ideas. I really like his enthusiasm and it's clear he gets a lot of enjoyment from the game.

He describes himself as a futurist at one point - I think that experience can hopefully benefit us (perhaps not just in revenue streams, but in the analytical side too?).

Interesting to get a peek behind the curtain, especially hearing about Blitzer and Harris being pretty hands on with the weekly meeting. Because they're not very visible, I had the (incorrect) impression they were perhaps just interested in the commercial side of things. It's reassuring that we seem to have 4 experienced owners who seem to be working well together.
Old 27-11-2021, 11:04 AM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Just listened to the podcast. Seems like the club has a solid base and I know it's been said before but we are so lucky to have Steve P
Onwards and upwards
Old 27-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fascinating... vision, critical thinking, basic but oh so shrewd financial insights and purpose. Everything that SP has been instilling at the club and everything needed for sustainability.

Last edited by Aquila_17; 27-11-2021 at 11:43 AM.
Old 27-11-2021, 11:54 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Really enjoyed the interview. I love his passion for the game, including some of the less glamorous aspects. Pleasing to see him so confident on the stand redevelopment too.