Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:59 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Yes can’t say I’m comfortable with this, needs must but I really hope that there are protections in place to maintain SPs overarching control
Hope so but I'm not sure how Parish can maintain that with an ever diminishing stake in the club. Not that I am an expert on such matters.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:00 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
He owns 25% of Benfica.

A link between the clubs could prove fruitful.
this is not correct. see his statement on matter from july

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-08-2021, 07:00 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% that’s what I’m trying to work out.
UK investment is really just Parish (18%), Martin Long and Steve Browett (believe Hoskins sold up). Believe the 3 other members of CPFC 2010 shares went down to 2.5% or 5% when Harris and Blitzer took over so the majority of the shares are owned by US investors.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:01 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Well, I for one welcome our new American overlords.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:03 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
We could have had different investors who contributed more. And we will never be sure that our continued presence in the PL is only down to the Americans, unless you are just making a debater's point.
Well, it's difficult to acknowledge the help of imaginary investors, so I'm plumping for the ones whose cash has most definitely kept us in the league. At no point did I say it was only down to the Americans, for instance the players helped a lot.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:04 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login says the money (£87.5m) is for reducing debt and stadium redevelopment. We're coming for you Sainsbury's
A couple of points i picked up on this.
1. Didn't the club put aside cash instead of paying off debts, meaning that if these debts are cleared and the cash was used to purchase players, that the club maybe debt free.
2. The statement that the money will be used for items other than player purchases may be to prevent teams expecting top money for their players.
3. As this is announced now, is most of our transfer business complete?
Old 11-08-2021, 07:05 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Next step to rename the ground

The we buy any car.com stadium
Old 11-08-2021, 07:07 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
UK investment is really just Parish (18%), Martin Long and Steve Browett (believe Hoskins sold up). Believe the 3 other members of CPFC 2010 shares went down to 2.5% or 5% when Harris and Blitzer took over so the majority of the shares are owned by US investors.
Was inevitable because none of the 4 original investors had sufficient personal funds to risk on taking the club forward. It makes what they've achieved in 10 years even more remarkable.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:09 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Don’t like this at all but it seems to be the way of the premier league.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:09 PM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Putting my faith in Parish and co that they wouldn't let a dodgy investor into our club. So welcome John - I'll take a central midfielder and an attacker please
Old 11-08-2021, 07:10 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
We could have had different investors who contributed more. And we will never be sure that our continued presence in the PL is only down to the Americans, unless you are just making a debater's point.
Like who? Parrish has been searching for the right investors since 2010. The fact he has convinced 3 US billionaires to invest millions into the club is a sign of a good businessman. There aren't many British owners in the PL these days, i may not like it, but then again 1/3 or even 1/2 or even more of the footballers starting each weekend in the PL are not British either.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:10 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Well, it's difficult to acknowledge the help of imaginary investors, so I'm plumping for the ones whose cash has most definitely kept us in the league. At no point did I say it was only down to the Americans, for instance the players helped a lot.
All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

It seems you want to argue for the sake of it and dismiss my even envisioning that anyone else could have possibly have done a better job. If that's how strongly you feel, just say so and we can stop here. If you recognize I may have at least some point, then, again, there's not much reason in discussing this further.

What won't happen is I will agree that the Yanks have done as much as we hoped or that Americans have done much good for the greed ruining the PL as a competitive league. If you disagree, fine. If you agree, why even dispute my sentiments?
Old 11-08-2021, 07:13 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Was inevitable because none of the 4 original investors had sufficient personal funds to risk on taking the club forward. It makes what they've achieved in 10 years even more remarkable.
Indeed, very few British owners.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:14 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Welcome John.

Exciting times.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

It seems you want to argue for the sake of it and dismiss my even envisioning that anyone else could have possibly have done a better job. If that's how strongly you feel, just say so and we can stop here. If you recognize I may have at least some point, then, again, there's not much reason in discussing this further.

What won't happen is I will agree that the Yanks have done as much as we hoped or that Americans have done much good for the greed ruining the PL as a competitive league. If you disagree, fine. If you agree, why even dispute my sentiments?
Not sure what this is.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Like who? Parrish has been searching for the right investors since 2010. The fact he has convinced 3 US billionaires to invest millions into the club is a sign of a good businessman. There aren't many British owners in the PL these days, i may not like it, but then again 1/3 or even 1/2 or even more of the footballers starting each weekend in the PL are not British either.
I don't need to state an alternative to make my general point. I just stated my general dissatisfaction at what Americans bring to our game. If you are happy with what Americans have tried to do to British football this last year, that's your lookout. But please don't dismiss that original part of my post to justify an argument.

Like I said with VHA, if you disagree that Americans have been less than conducive to the healthy state of the soul of football, then say so. I happen to feel differently.

And I couldn't agree more at how well Parish has done but am disappointed by the American's follow through. I just think the Americans are the major investment issue in British football. Just an opinion.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 11-08-2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Not sure what this is.
Not sure I understand your point either then. I say let's leave it. You came after my opinion anyway so I am more than happy to call it a draw!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:17 PM
Back in the UK

arabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Welcome John, will be good to see you at Selhurst. Exciting times!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:18 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Assume some of his investment has already been spent in this window
Old 11-08-2021, 07:18 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Eagle View Post
He’s not Einstein he’s Sid James smoking a pipe
Mind you Einstein liked a pipe