Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:09 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
My point is that the Americans invested in our club and seem to have pretty much let SP get on with it. The 'denigrated' squad they've financed has secured multiple comfortable finishes in the PL, and also financed the upheaval of said squad.

You seem to have an opinion that the performance and intention of 'American investors' in English football are all the same, whereas I am preferring to solely look at our beloved, benevolent uncle Sams in isolation.

I am very happy with their contribution, even if it's not as good as the ones you prefer that they have seemingly cockblocked from our club.

Once again, thank you, Americans
I never said I saw all Americans as 'all the same' or that I wanted them 'cockblocked'. Please, you clearly want to compete against my point but let's not Straw Man. That is done when someone realizes they are losing a debate, especially one they started and has insisted on continuing.

I originally stated that I feel, generally, that Americans have been harmful to the 'soul' of our sport. As I have stated before, if you wish to disagree with that generalization, then have the courage to do so explicitly. Say that Americans, in general, have been good for football and make a case.

But please don't think you have the right to disagree with my larger point, refuse to agree to 'call it a draw,' as I offered, keep arguing with me and, all the while, also deciding to exclude discussing ( or defending ) the recent, appalling behaviour of American investors within the Premier League. That's not right.

I say American investors are harming the game. My POV isn't affected by any positive examples of American investment that may exist, if the bulk of what they do is harmful. If the attempted EPL breakaway ( spearheaded by Americans ) and what it would have done to the entire football pyramid isn't enough to justify my original opinion then all I can say is you are at odds with the sentiment of most football fans.

Sorry, but you started this. I tried to walk away and you persisted. So I'm not now going to let you separate and jettison the more indisputable parts of my original opinion to try to insist you are right. I didn't want this little competition you started and so now you need to either state that Americans are a universal good for football or stop trying to justify pursuing and disputing my original post the way you have done. Remember, I offered to just call it a 'draw' but that wasn't good enough for you.

So which is it? Are Americans a universal good for football or will you finally leave me alone? Please don't continue to tell me I'm wrong while ignoring the most fundamental part of my argument.

Not that you make a much better point by your weak insistence that 'our' Americans have been benevolent and our saviours. ( as if that means ALL Americans are above reproach ) Our squad HAS been allowed to denigrate, particularly in midfield. It was Zaha, our defense and Roy who did far more to keep us up than the Americans. They have not dragged us up by our bootstraps, as any analysis of our spending for three years has shown. Roy kept us up despite the investment the Yanks sanctioned, not because of it.

So, no, I won't be thanking the Americans for buying into our club and then starving Roy of the ability to keep us up -outside of playing the painful and limited version of Royball he had no choice but to employ for our survival.

Similarly, I won't thank Americans ( or the Sheiks or Oligarchs either ) for the general state of the greed in our game -much of it created by the ruthless business mindset of Americans.

If others want to be halfway to chanting 'USA! USA! USA!' then that's their business. But, please, either stop arguing with my opinion or have the honesty to argue with the much more indisputable aspects of my original post -that Americans have been instrumental in ruining the spirit of football.

I'm inviting you again to call this a draw. I don't need you to agree with me and I never wanted this debate. But unless you want to end it here, then you will need to at least attempt to defend what has been going on in football this last year, based mainly on American influence. You can't separate that aspect from my original post, unless you simply want to disagree for the sake of it?

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 11-08-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:10 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
I almost feel sorry for Steve P as a relative pauper in their company!
How does one measure wealth? Have any of these billionaires woken up to the alluring smile or the fragrant meadow smell of Susanna Reid's beautiful, shiny hair?
Old 11-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I never said I saw all Americans as 'all the same' or that I wanted them 'cockblocked'. Please, you clearly want to compete against my point but let's not Straw Man. That is done when someone realizes they are losing a debate, especially one they started and has insisted on continuing.

I originally stated that I feel, generally, that Americans have been harmful to the 'soul' of our sport. As I have stated before, if you wish to disagree with that generalization, then have the courage to do so explicitly. Say that Americans, in general, have been good for football and make a case.

But please don't think you have the right to disagree with my larger point, refuse to agree to 'call it a draw,' as I offered, keep arguing with me and, all the while, also deciding to exclude discussing ( or defending ) the recent, appalling behaviour of American investors within the Premier League. That's not right.

I say American investors are harming the game. My POV isn't affected by any positive examples of American investment that may exist, if the bulk of what they do is harmful. If the attempted EPL breakaway ( spearheaded by Americans ) and what it would have done to the entire football pyramid isn't enough to justify my original opinion then all I can say is you are at odds with the sentiment of most football fans.

Sorry, but you started this. I tried to walk away and you persisted. So I'm not now going to let you separate and jettison the parts of my original opinion to try to insist you are right. I didn't want this little competition you started and so now you need to either state that Americans are a universal good for football of stop trying to justify pursuing and disputing my original post the way you have done. Remember, I offered to just call it a 'draw' but that wasn't good enough for you.

So which is it? Are Americans a universal good for football or will you finally leave me alone? Please don't continue to tell me I'm wrong while ignoring the most fundamental part of my argument.

Not that you make a much better point by your weak insistence that 'our' Americans have been benevolent and our saviours. ( as if that means ALL Americans are above reproach ) Our squad HAS been allowed to denigrate, particularly in midfield. It was Zaha, our defense and Roy who did far more to keep us up than the Americans. They have not dragged us up by our bootstraps, as any analysis of our spending for three years has shown. Roy kept us up despite the investment the Yanks sanctioned, not because of it.

So, no, I won't be thanking the Americans for buying into our club and then starving Roy of the ability to keep us up -outside of playing the painful and limited version of Royball he had no choice but to employ for our survival.

Similarly, I won't thank Americans ( or the Sheiks or Oligarchs either ) for the general state of the greed in our game -much of it created by the ruthless business mindset of Americans.

If others want to be halfway to chanting 'USA! USA! USA!' then that's their business. But, please, either stop arguing with my opinion or have the honesty to argue with the much more indisputable aspects of my original post -that Americans have been instrumental in ruining the spirit of football.

I'm inviting you again to call this a draw. I don't need you to agree with me and I never wanted this debate. But unless you want to end it here, then you will need to at least attempt to defend what has been going on in football this last year, based mainly on American influence. You can't separate that aspect from my original post because, unless you simply want to disagree for the sake of it?
I can't read this, is there an edited version?
Old 11-08-2021, 08:14 PM

Slyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
Fair enough. Reports back in June(?) suggested he wasn’t a billionaire.
His company was valued at 3.2 billion, not him personally.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:15 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyda View Post
His company was valued at 3.2 billion, not him personally.
That would make him a billionaire of course, not sure many billionaires have billions in the bank, but what company are you referring to here and is it still worth that?
Old 11-08-2021, 08:16 PM

baldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with youbaldeagle feels happier to be safe up here with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
One of the better papers said he HAD been looking to invest in Benfica

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-08-2021, 08:19 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
He’s comfortable. Put it that way.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:20 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
“Not short of a few bob”.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

He could probably afford Adlers helping out with his tax affairs.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:21 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
He’s comfortable. Put it that way.
It makes Goldberg & Jordan look very lower league
Old 11-08-2021, 08:23 PM

Slyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
That would make him a billionaire of course, not sure many billionaires have billions in the bank, but what company are you referring to here and is it still worth that?
Telegraph article states: "His Facebank company is valued currently at $4.5billion [£3.2 billion]."
Old 11-08-2021, 08:25 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I can't read this, is there an edited version?
Here it is; either stop arguing with my POV that Americans have been harmful to the game or stop conveniently ignoring the my point about the greed they have introduced and their attempts to shatter our league and football pyramid this year. Alternatively, just call it a draw, as I have offered you three times now.

Even shorter; you argued a persistent yet weak argument and lost. So are now trying everything to avoid an honest debate that you started and refused to let me walk from.

Shorter still; f*ck off.

Choose whichever answer you like. You are being a real twat, today.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:27 PM

ZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He must be rich as, according to cpfc.co.uk, he has an office on Jupiter..
Old 11-08-2021, 08:29 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Telegraph article states: "His Facebank company is valued currently at $4.5billion [£3.2 billion]."
Seems that company merged with another company called FuboTV
Old 11-08-2021, 08:29 PM

ZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Are Benfica that good? That league is probably equivalent to league 2
Sold a billion pounds worth of players the last 10 years so are doing something right.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:32 PM

Bounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounce back : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One day too late , we just missed messi
Hope you love our club John and cherish it like we do
Well done to Steve and the other owner for pushing the club forward
Old 11-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Here it is; either stop arguing with my POV that Americans have been harmful to the game or stop conveniently ignoring the my point about the greed they have introduced and their attempts to shatter our league and football pyramid this year. Alternatively, just call it a draw, as I have offered you three times now.

Even shorter; you argued a persistent yet weak argument and lost. So are now trying everything to avoid an honest debate that you started and refused to let me walk from.

Shorter still; f*ck off.

Choose whichever answer you like. You are being a real twat, today.
What a strange post. Surely the only complaint that people have had against our investors (American or not) is that they haven't introduced enough greed. To my knowledge, they've not tried to shatter the league's structure, so your obsession with their American-ness is somewhat odd.

All you have to do is say thank you to our Americans.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:34 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think he only owns 10% of it.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:38 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Benfica and Sporting are almost certainly above us in terms of status, every now and again they produce dross such as Ronaldo and Figo and years back Benfica had a bloke named Eusebio who was much better than average at the stadium of light.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:43 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Things could get really interesting when we get The 5th Man .