Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-11-2021, 01:19 PM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Or we could be really grown up and welcoming and have one in Ö. The U.K.

I think Iím correct in saying that France already accepts more than four times as many asylum seekers as we do.

How is that fair? Is this your post Brexit vision for global Britain? Are we pulling our weight? Iím not surprised the French think weíre taking the piss.

How is it their responsibility to police every km of their vast coastline to ensure that nobody gets in a boat over to the U.K. who have explicitly told the rest of Europe that we want to be responsible for our own borders?
This is bang on the money. Sorry to go on about it, but I would really urge people to catch on to that documentary, 'The Human Flow'. It was truly an eye opener for me. Human migration is innate to our species and has been going on since the first people moved out of that valley in Africa, and will continue to do so, for a wide variety of reasons. I have worked with many 'economic migrants' in my time, who have taken up jobs in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Moscow and elsewhere. They happened to be well paid; does that give them more moral right to migrate for economic reasons?
Old 25-11-2021, 01:21 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Why do people obsess about the smugglers?

They are only there because governments have utterly failed in their responsibility to humanity.

They are a complete side issue. If one smuggler gets nicked another will pop up.

Itís a systemic issue that can only be solved by government.
No one is Ďobsessingí about the smugglers.

I think we all agree the governments need to sort this but they are far from a side issue.

We donít ignore other criminal activity just because if we arrest one perpetrator, Ďanother one will pop upí do we?

What bizarre thinking
Old 25-11-2021, 01:31 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Is this different to migrants transiting through another country and dying of starvation and exposure on the borders of Belarus and Poland?

I have no issue with the UK accepting an number of people who are fleeing countries where their lives and freedoms are in danger, but how many of those trying to cross the channel are in that category?
Old 25-11-2021, 01:37 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
If you voted Tory, this is on you.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Is this different to migrants transiting through another country and dying of starvation and exposure on the borders of Belarus and Poland?

I have no issue with the UK accepting an number of people who are fleeing countries where their lives and freedoms are in danger, but how many of those trying to cross the channel are in that category?

What other category are they in?

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
If you voted Tory, this is on you.
Ah, right. So Iíve got 27 deaths on my hands.

If you voted Labour under Blair, do you also have all the deaths in Iraq on your hands ?

Seems reasonable enough.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:42 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Weíve always done immigration on the cheap in this country. Put poor people in poor areas and watch them fight over scant resources. You then get a middle class homeowners telling people on a council house waiting list he/she is racist for not wanting 1000s of immigrants.

Immigration done right, costs money (in the short term). We need more social housing/schools/hospitalsÖ we need to accept we probably have to pay a bit more taxÖ we also need to accept that those at the bottom of the pile (who have already been shit on) can be negatively impacted by immigration and spread the burden more evenly.

In my opinionÖ if we looked after the poor in this country betterÖ brexit wouldnít have happened.
Agreed. That won't stop people using this politically to blame Tory voters (I am not one) and that it is on them that these poor ****ers are dying.

No one really cares about these people, including those meaninglessly posting RIP.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

Well they are clearly in danger, as this tragic event proves. People that aren't desperate don't risk their lives in an overpacked dinghy that's barely watertight.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:45 PM
Bog Whoppit

Fen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Whilst sad (genuinely) to get to Britain they have already been through at least 4 safe countries to claim asylum. Itís the benefits we hand out that make them risk there lives. We are the most easiest form of a free ride they will get. For every thousand that make it here if one is a terrorist waiting to make a bomb. Then sorry no close the borders.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:45 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
What other category are they in?
Well in 2020 41% of asylum applications were accepted, 39% of appeal cases in the courts that year were successful. So from those figures, over 1/3 of those who are claiming asylum are refused by the home office and then the courts.

That is of those who come here and make a claim for asylum. There are many more who go underground, often trafficked for the purpose of being put into modern slavery.

I don't think you can say all those trying to get into the UK are doing so legitimately.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:47 PM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The photo on the front page of The Sun and The Daily Mail is going to do lots of damage.

There doesnít seem to be a great deal of critical alternative thought going in about whatís really happening in that still image. For all we know the French border vehicle is still moving, or itís literally just come to a stop and missed the boat launch by seconds. Iíve certainly not seen any video footage showing the vehicle just sat idly by.

In a normal country you wouldnít expect a grown-up PM and Home Secretary to base their entire strategy around a single photo that doesnít really prove anything.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:48 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
More than 20 people believed to have died after boat sinks in the channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Eagle View Post
Whilst sad (genuinely) to get to Britain they have already been through at least 4 safe countries to claim asylum. Itís the benefits we hand out that make them risk there lives. We are the most easiest form of a free ride they will get. For every thousand that make it here if one is a terrorist waiting to make a bomb. Then sorry no close the borders.

I genuinely detest sharing this country with thick, racist ***** like this.

Rancid little person.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:50 PM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Whilst sad (genuinely) to get to Britain they have already been through at least 4 safe countries to claim asylum. It’s the benefits we hand out that make them risk there lives. We are the most easiest form of a free ride they will get. For every thousand that make it here if one is a terrorist waiting to make a bomb. Then sorry no close the borders.
Benefits they’re not entitled to claim for the first five years? How’s that attractive when they can work legally or claim benefits earlier in other countries.

It’s not logical if on one had you’re accusing them of greed but on the other you’re suggesting they are waiting patiently for the waiting process to expire.

Almost like you’re talking complete bollocks.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:52 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Ah, right. So Iíve got 27 deaths on my hands.

If you voted Labour under Blair, do you also have all the deaths in Iraq on your hands ?

Seems reasonable enough.
Yes
Old 25-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Bog Whoppit

Fen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The argument that they can do the jobs lazy white Anglo Saxons won’t do is bollocks. Just because your a potato picker doesn’t mean you want your children to be. Every child entering or born here is direct competition for your children and grandchildren. For every one of them that pay fairly there taxes and National insurance will that cover there mother / mother in law’s doctor cost or hospital cost ? Will it pay for there children's state education ? Racist no not in anyway realist yes.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:55 PM
I wanna be Peppard

Quote:
The argument that they can do the jobs lazy white Anglo Saxons wonít do is bollocks. Just because your a potato picker doesnít mean you want your children to be. Every child entering or born here is direct competition for your children and grandchildren. For every one of them that pay fairly there taxes and National insurance will that cover there mother / mother in lawís doctor cost or hospital cost ? Will it pay for there children's state education ? Racist no not in anyway realist yes.
Youíre an arsehole.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:55 PM
Bog Whoppit

What have I stated that is racist you dick. It comes down to who picks up the bill, not the Colour of the bill.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:57 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can we swop 100 of them for you?
Old 25-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You might want to read up on this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The vast majority stay in the first country they get to, and the rest in other countries. A very small proportion end up making it to the UK.
Old 25-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Bog Whoppit

I don’t do keyboard warrior fighting. I’ll state again I am not a racist and there is nothing I have posted that is racist. Instead of name calling explain to me where I’m going wrong ? Explain and tell me what’s not true about my posts.