Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-01-2021, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Except I think Jairo is good to have in the squad because he can cover several positions and its good to have different styles in a team to give flexibility. It took him a long time to get there but I would absolutely hold on to Jairo now. Added to which, cost of replacing him with better is not within our grasp right now with the rebuilding job we have on our hands
Yeah, I would keep hold of him for now.
His age and versatility are certainly an asset and if he does go we should be getting a fee for him, not allowing his contract to run down.

And he is useful. I just don't understand the clamour from some on here for him to start games.

It became so fashionable on here to slag off Luka (who I agree has been below his best form for a while) and to demand Jairo starts every game. But even below his best, I think Roy has generally been right to pick Luka ahead of him.

Long term I don't see Jairo as likely to be the first team regular that many hope. He might do, things change and players can improve. But he certainly hasn't shown it yet.
Old 16-01-2021, 02:29 PM
20 years for 4482 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yeah, I would keep hold of him for now.
His age and versatility are certainly an asset and if he does go we should be getting a fee for him, not allowing his contract to run down.

And he is useful. I just don't understand the clamour from some on here for him to start games.

It became so fashionable on here to slag off Luka (who I agree has been below his best form for a while) and to demand Jairo starts every game. But even below his best, I think Roy has generally been right to pick Luka ahead of him.

Long term I don't see Jairo as likely to be the first team regular that many hope. He might do, things change and players can improve. But he certainly hasn't shown it yet.
I'm a big Jairo fan...but he hasn't pushed on like I had hoped after he played a few games earlier in the season. In fact his most recent appearances as sub have almost been disappointing. I agree with your point on Luka being the right selection up against Jairo but if James Mac had been fit - he would be choice over Luka.
Old 16-01-2021, 02:36 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
To get a cap for a very competitive Germany side is some achievement at such a young age and maybe if he had stayed in Germany he could well have added to those caps, maybe consider Palace's style just did not suit?
You should not be so dismissive of his undoubted talent.
He hadn't played for Germany for almost 2 years before he joined us, so it is just as likely that he would have been forgotten about.
Old 16-01-2021, 03:00 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Im just being difficult, youre right we need squad players and Jario certainly optimises that.
We really need to look at first teamers and Id have one eye on next season, well be fine this year but we could really do with getting a few bodies over the line or at least re-signed. Jimmy Mac has been great and continues to impress, but if we want to push on we need younger legs and thats not Jario.
Yes I dont think we are disagreeing, heart sore as it makes me because he has been an amazing servant for the club, we do need to replace JMac with someone who will be the replacement first choice and probably Luka too if were honest which means we hold on to Jairo as an adequate and cost effective backup
Old 16-01-2021, 05:22 PM

churley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully Wickham is next.
Old 16-01-2021, 10:52 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed Killer View Post
Campana?
Maybe were getting rid of one capped German player for another. Marco Reich?