Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-05-2021, 12:26 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
A veritable Shangri-La.
I didn’t say anything about ‘Shangri la’, I said the park is a popular and well loved place despite its condition. It’s not some sort of deserted wasteland like some people are making out.
Old 23-05-2021, 12:40 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I didn’t say anything about ‘Shangri la’, I said the park is a popular and well loved place despite its condition. It’s not some sort of deserted wasteland like some people are making out.
It's not great, and isn't due any meaningful investment. What does it look like the future holds?
Old 23-05-2021, 01:19 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not great, and isn't due any meaningful investment. What does it look like the future holds?
For the park? Some quite high profile live music coming this year. The dinosaurs will get a lick of paint sooner or later. Other than that, probably same as it always is. Lack of investment might be seen by some as a missed opportunity, but for many locals they are pretty happy with it as it is.
Old 23-05-2021, 09:37 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Bromley Council do seem to pander to dinosaurs, and nimbys, but I’m not sure that building on the park was ever serious, or realistic.
But we would not. be building on the park only refurbishing an area already designated for sporting use. TBF there has been sports & entertainment in that area of the park with exception to the war years since the Crystal Palace was moved from Hyde Park around 150 years ago.

In reality the main objections would around transport & congestion, solve those and the club would have a good chance of 're locating back there.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 23-05-2021, 09:51 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
£25 million from the sale of the caravan site and and car park at Sydenham Villas, which will leverage another £10 million from the HLF. The Park is in the process of being taken over by a charitable Trust.
Old 23-05-2021, 09:59 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Would a petition with, say 50k signitures make them think, no idea but fan power can have an impact...
Not if it is signed by 50k Palace supporters.

It would ensure a debate at a full council meeting in Bromley and maybe at the GLA, but the same pros and cons will be aired.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 23-05-2021, 11:17 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Unfortunately the arguement of CPP being the most logical choice for a new stadium will go on and on, but sadly the stubborness and stance taken by some of the decision makers will ensure it won't happen.
I have said this so often in the past, if permission was to be granted but only if ensuring the wishes of ALL parties concerned in the planning and development of the surrounding areas was fully adheard too, also the reconstruction of the Park and the building of a New Stadium was in keeping with its surroundings.
If these instructions were respected and followed to the letter, how can it be bad for the community? when instead it can only enhance what is very much a run down area from getting worse as time goes by, and can only benefit ALL parties concerned if permission is granted. That would produce an area (Park and Stadium) which if done correctly would be the envy of London,but also then allow Selhurst Park to be redeveloped into Housing etc, which would be in keeping with the area and far more appropiate in the year 2021, than having a football stadium in stuck in the middle of streets and streets of housing which was more appropiate to an era when the stadium was first built.
How can this not be the best way to move forward.
Old 23-05-2021, 11:25 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Bromley council refused planning permission for a modest upgrade to the trading ground facilities even though their own planning officer recommended approval and it was within the planning regs to be allowed. Their approvals are political decisions and they will never let this one through
Old 23-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Unfortunately the arguement of CPP being the most logical choice for a new stadium will go on and on, but sadly the stubborness and stance taken by some of the decision makers will ensure it won't happen.
I have said this so often in the past, if permission was to be granted but only if ensuring the wishes of ALL parties concerned in the planning and development of the surrounding areas was fully adheard too, also the reconstruction of the Park and the building of a New Stadium was in keeping with its surroundings.
If these instructions were respected and followed to the letter, how can it be bad for the community? when instead it can only enhance what is very much a run down area from getting worse as time goes by, and can only benefit ALL parties concerned if permission is granted. That would produce an area (Park and Stadium) which if done correctly would be the envy of London,but also then allow Selhurst Park to be redeveloped into Housing etc, which would be in keeping with the area and far more appropiate in the year 2021, than having a football stadium in stuck in the middle of streets and streets of housing which was more appropiate to an era when the stadium was first built.
How can this not be the best way to move forward.
Having spent my career in development, I can tell you that logic/best way forward/what’s good for the community etc etc hold no sway with nimby activists.
Old 23-05-2021, 11:57 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Having spent my career in development, I can tell you that logic/best way forward/what’s good for the community etc etc hold no sway with nimby activists.
Sadly this sums up the situation to a tee.

Everyone complains about the state of CPP and the need for investment. Then someone comes along and offers a brand new stadium and they all backtrack. Improvements would undoubtedly be made to other areas of the park in the process but they are too blinkered
Old 23-05-2021, 12:52 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can tell you the frustration turns to anger when most can see the logic of a project like that which would benefit countless of people, and would surely far out-weigh any objections put forward? it's utter stupidity.
When i look around and see just how many similar projects around the country get permission granted, also i look at Wimbledon where i was brought up and supported the Dons in my early years (until Palace converted me) never imagined after the closure of Plough Lane I would ever see the club be allowed to return "home" yet the normally "stuffy" locals and Merton council conceeded, as they could see it was the right thing to do.
I assume the snobbish residents of the surrounding area of the CPP, along with some local councillors are thinking having a Premiership club in their midst would lower the tone of the area Oh Well.
Old 23-05-2021, 12:58 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have some sympathy with the locals, because developers often don't give a shit about the impact on communities. Locally, Camden Goods Yard is a good example.
Old 23-05-2021, 10:10 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
We’re certainly going to see the centenary of the main stand , Would this be the oldest stand in World football ?
Oldest stand is at Great Yarmouth Town FC, dates from 1892

In the Premier League (until just relegated) it could be Fulham's Johnny Haynes Stand aka Stevenage Road Stand, built 1905 and designed by the same man who designed CPFC's Main Stand
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-05-2021, 11:57 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Ok can’t read full article but what a wasted opportunity

The Crystal Palace scandal: How British athletics’ spiritual home has been left to rot

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I hope it rots enough to seriously undermine the value of their homes. *****.
Old 24-05-2021, 12:05 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
For the park? Some quite high profile live music coming this year. The dinosaurs will get a lick of paint sooner or later. Other than that, probably same as it always is. Lack of investment might be seen by some as a missed opportunity, but for many locals they are pretty happy with it as it is.
Surely the dinosaurs are listed by now and can't be touched. Get on it, help the place to ruin.

Need it to become a dangerous place to go, police no go zone
Old 24-05-2021, 12:06 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
But we would not. be building on the park only refurbishing an area already designated for sporting use. TBF there has been sports & entertainment in that area of the park with exception to the war years since the Crystal Palace was moved from Hyde Park around 150 years ago.

In reality the main objections would around transport & congestion, solve those and the club would have a good chance of 're locating back there.
You dreamer. Just like your delusional brexit dreams
Old 24-05-2021, 12:14 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Spending money to make money only works if you have that money to spend in the first place.
So how do you explain the Glaziers ownership of the Wankers?
Old 24-05-2021, 04:55 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
That's fair comment.

Perhaps: 'Spending money to make money only works if you can raise funds against the equity of your current assets to spend in the first place; with a view to later transferring that borrowing to the unencumbered thing you've just bought.', works better.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 24-05-2021, 06:20 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Sadly this sums up the situation to a tee.

Everyone complains about the state of CPP and the need for investment. Then someone comes along and offers a brand new stadium and they all backtrack. Improvements would undoubtedly be made to other areas of the park in the process but they are too blinkered
That should be the number one appeal to the locals. A much improved park !.
Old 24-05-2021, 06:34 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I wonder if this whole covid disaster has actually opened up an opportunity for the club to revisit the CP park idea? Councils are on their knees financially and will be desperate to encourage any sort of development that would bring money in. Surely local shops and other businesses would cry out for the type of business upsurge the daily people traffic a Premier League ground with other community facilities would bring in, not to mention the thousands of potential customers to the area every other week.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m