Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-11-2021, 03:14 PM

david sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
That brings home just how the academy will be for us in years to come. We have always talked about our potential catchment area for fans when the true potential to make us a genuine superclub is our location in a dense demographic of talent. I'm not the kind to get carried away but starting to think some kind of corner has been turned for us to really evolve. We need to stay up for the next 5-10 years but, if we can, well, I just hope to live long enough to see what we might become. We are in an enviable and exciting position.
In terms of pure geography, we are perhaps more advantageously located than any other club in Europe. The academy means we will now fulfil the potential that has largely gone untapped for the last 50 years
Old 25-11-2021, 03:20 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Its great that the academy is now of an excellent standard.

But why is that a priority over the ground? Wouldnt it be that it was less difficult to achieve? Anyway hope you are right.

Not just that. Imagine that AWB hadn't come to us because our facilities at the core of the club sucked balls? We have probably been haemorrhaging talent for decades, despite what we already have. The number of players who never came is likely significant, and if you are the very best, why wouldn't you go elsewhere that has the facilities for you to be the best?

Parish has his head screwed on, we didn't realise it but it is a massive asset which generates captures assets ongoing.

^^^^^EDIT Obviously this is the same answer that several have given already.

Last edited by Spindle; 25-11-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 25-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
The main camera spends most of its time showing the pitch and the first few rows of fans in the stand opposite and behind the goals. The main stand will get plenty of air time from other camera angles.
Sky commentators will be jacking off lyrically to panned shots of it on the first game we play in front of it. I would wager that they actually televise whatever game it is just to do so. That's the kind of commercial, superficial wankstains they are, "facilities" is what matters.

".....blah blah.....multimillion pound stand.....blah blah......reflects the heritage....blah blah.....piece of the puzzle following the new academy........."
Old 25-11-2021, 03:42 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Not just that. Imagine that AWB hadn't come to us because our facilities at the core of the club sucked balls? We have probably been haemorrhaging talent for decades, despite what we already have. The number of players who never came is likely significant, and if you are the very best, why wouldn't you go elsewhere that has the facilities for you to be the best?
We did, lots of parents went elsewhere, Brighton, Charlton, Millwall, Wimbledon, Fulham and obviously Chelsea

Having an academy in Beckenham is also means it is easily accessible by public transport, something minor you may think but in parents and kids minds, massive

The academy will hopefully bear enough fruit to help us redevelop the stadium, definitely the best strategy to go academy first
Old 25-11-2021, 04:57 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sky commentators will be jacking off lyrically to panned shots of it on the first game we play in front of it. I would wager that they actually televise whatever game it is just to do so. That's the kind of commercial, superficial wankstains they are, "facilities" is what matters.

".....blah blah.....multimillion pound stand.....blah blah......reflects the heritage....blah blah.....piece of the puzzle following the new academy........."
I mean...to be fair that is all true...

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 25-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Probationary User

Slackbladder is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
We did, lots of parents went elsewhere, Brighton, Charlton, Millwall, Wimbledon, Fulham and obviously Chelsea

Having an academy in Beckenham is also means it is easily accessible by public transport, something minor you may think but in parents and kids minds, massive

The academy will hopefully bear enough fruit to help us redevelop the stadium, definitely the best strategy to go academy first
Problem is Palace aren't the only one.

Brighton have spent £ms on providing new training facilities so have West Ham - Chelsea's are still the same and well far superior to Beckenham.

Millwall have planning permission for new facilities at Kings Hill and the new owner at Charlton is investing millions in upgrading their Sparrows Lane training ground after negotiating to purchase it from their old Belgian owner.

Pretty sure Fulham are also looking at improving their existing academy.
Old 25-11-2021, 06:17 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Yeah I totally get why the academy is huge deal. And dont get me wrong I am well happy we have that in place. But if it was a choice between that, and a 36k Stadium I would bite your hand off for a bigger and better ground. Personally that's what I crave for Palace more than anything, other than winning a cup of course.
Old 25-11-2021, 06:35 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
Surely this is Happy Talk from The King and I
From "South Pacific" not "The King and I"

But was recorded by Captain Sensible & his version was a hit.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 25-11-2021, 06:43 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
In a revolutionary 1-4-5 formation??
I think we are on the same page, but we would need a goalkeeper.

I guess Freddie Woodman was born in Croydon or Marcus Bettinelli from somewhere in South London. Not sure they are world class though.
Old 25-11-2021, 07:26 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Yeah I totally get why the academy is huge deal. And dont get me wrong I am well happy we have that in place. But if it was a choice between that, and a 36k Stadium I would bite your hand off for a bigger and better ground. Personally that's what I crave for Palace more than anything, other than winning a cup of course.
Personally Iím not that fussed about the stadium. Wilfs and AWBs regularly coming off the production line is what I want.
Old 25-11-2021, 08:34 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace910 View Post
Interestingly enough It says this on the vacancy advert for stewards;

With plans for significant growth in the future, we are excited at the prospect of bringing new and dynamic members into our CPFC family.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks for posting that. A slight disappointment is that many of the jobs are being advertised at £10.85 an hour when the London Living Wage is currently £11.05. I'd like to see the club at least match that.
Old 25-11-2021, 08:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Thanks for posting that. A slight disappointment is that many of the jobs are being advertised at £10.85 an hour when the London Living Wage is currently £11.05. I'd like to see the club at least match that.
Also see they are looking for a Head of Physiotherapy.

I wonder if someone left, or this is a new position. Seems a pretty critical role for a professional football club of Palace's size.
Old 25-11-2021, 10:44 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Crikey, Everton are pushing the boat out. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-11-2021, 10:45 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Personally Iím not that fussed about the stadium. Wilfs and AWBs regularly coming off the production line is what I want.
And a Bus load of Swedish bikini models
Old 26-11-2021, 01:30 AM

Freddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
It was quoted at the time that the Whitehorse Lane boxes went in, circa 1992, that they were supposed to be only temporary structures for 10 years.

The original design of the WHL Stand from 1978 when the deal was done with Sainsburyís was for a two tier stand, so there are already the foundations in place to support a second tier - thatís why the boxes are there.
Thank you.
Old 26-11-2021, 01:43 AM

Freddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes this is good, but I'll extend it further (rake angles not quite there) to a whopping SEVENTY rows

That's a lower tier of 2245 plus and upper tier of 9800, giving us an end of 12,045!
That would be so difficult to achieve, structurally. It would need to be anchored so deep at the front, the bottom of the footings would be molten.
Old 26-11-2021, 02:27 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Where are we with Sainsburys , can anyone elaborate or is it pure specualtion they dont want to play ball?
Old 26-11-2021, 09:36 AM

palace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thatís not good, especially when you consider the wages of the players!!
Old 26-11-2021, 11:06 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
And people wonder why the service is always so poor in the facilities - pay people rubbish money and what can you expect.

Its also disappointing considering the positive headlines Palace garned in the autumn

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 26-11-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 26-11-2021, 11:33 AM

Rob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The advert does said they are paying the London Living Wage, possibly just someone has put in the wrong figure!!