Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-06-2020, 02:20 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Sheffield Utd was due to whams cheating, and the PL/FA not deducting points as the rules stipulated

As for the rest, yes they were relegated, but usually after he kept teams in with a fighting chance all season. Hes not even close to the worst top flight manager, there have been dozens of utterly clueless managers, he isn't in that category
Weren't Cardiff really unlucky with a number of decisions too?

I like him. As others have said, much better manager than Pardew.
Old 24-06-2020, 02:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post

Yep. Cardiff were also unlucky with us bailing Brighton out. They convincingly won at Old Trafford on the final day.

That was a dogshit squad which didn’t belong in the Prem, just having them as competitive as they were was an achievement from Warnock.
Old 24-06-2020, 03:46 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post

AP kept teams in the league got them promoted to cup finals not as bad as some would have you think and better results then NW or maybe i am wrong.
Old 24-06-2020, 03:51 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sheffield Utd was due to whams cheating, and the PL/FA not deducting points as the rules stipulated

As for the rest, yes they were relegated, but usually after he kept teams in with a fighting chance all season. Hes not even close to the worst top flight manager, there have been dozens of utterly clueless managers, he isn't in that category
What is that you fail to understand. I think Warnock is an excellent manager.

However his record is undeniably the best and worst. 9 promotions outside the top flight, 5 relegations, or sacking when heading for relegation, with 5 different clubs in 5 different seasons.
Old 24-06-2020, 04:56 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Brilliant news. Good luck to him.

I've always loved Warnock me, long before he became our manager. I can understand people whose teams he's never managed disliking his outspoken nature to a certain extent but football is ultimately escapism entertainment, so the more characters who add a sense of fun to proceedings the better, as far as I'm concerned.

You can't question Roy's managerial credentials but he's generally so bland and guarded during interviews, I find it impossible to warm to his character in the same way I did to Warnock and Allardyce.

Character aside, Warnock is an excellent manager in specific circumstances and did a great job for us, not least blooding far more youth players than any manager before or since in my time as a Palace fan.
Old 24-06-2020, 05:23 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Can't warm to a gentleman and diplomat? Versus a man who is known for vocal conflict in Warnock? Or a dodgy geezer in Allardyce?
Old 24-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

However his record is undeniably the best and worst. 9 promotions outside the top flight, 5 relegations, or sacking when heading for relegation, with 5 different clubs in 5 different seasons.
You said he was probably the worst PL manager of all time, which is clearly nonsense
Old 24-06-2020, 06:02 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I would take Warnock over Pardew everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. I never want to see Pardew anywhere near that home dugout again, unless it's in the opposing one. Warnock is also twice the man Pardew is.
is that mr alan pardew a.k.a. super al who lead us to our highest finish in the PL and a cup final
Old 24-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Can't warm to a gentleman and diplomat? Versus a man who is known for vocal conflict in Warnock? Or a dodgy geezer in Allardyce?
Having met both Warnock and Allardyce, I would have to say that in person they are both charming.

As is Roy, of course - I really don't see how anyone couldn't warm to Roy.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:

Is being relegated with Notts County ‘worse’ than ending up midtable at Liverpool, Manchester United etc?
Old 24-06-2020, 11:38 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He will only retire when he has been on im a celebrity
Old 25-06-2020, 12:30 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
You said he was probably the worst PL manager of all time, which is clearly nonsense
Ok please name me a manager who has either been sacked for being in the relegation zone or taken a side down in more than 5 out of his five seasons in charge in the top flight.

I can't think of any other manager who has taken so many clubs into the bottom three of the top flight, can you?

Are there extenuating circumstances - you bet there are, he did amazingly well to get 4 of those clubs promoted in the first place. But his record of being the most relegated is a statistical fact, I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about that.
Old 25-06-2020, 01:00 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ok please name me a manager who has either been sacked for being in the relegation zone or taken a side down in more than 5 out of his five seasons in charge in the top flight.

I can't think of any other manager who has taken so many clubs into the bottom three of the top flight, can you?

Are there extenuating circumstances - you bet there are, he did amazingly well to get 4 of those clubs promoted in the first place. But his record of being the most relegated is a statistical fact, I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about that.
There are managers who have only been relegated once or twice that are worse, and probably some that were never relegated at all that were too. The reason Warnock was given 5 chances is because he is a talented manager.

Off the top of my head, worse managers - Keen at Blackburn, Bradley at Swansea, Pellegrino at Southampton, Gross at Spurs, Olsen at Wimbledon, and there are probably loads more.

One other thing: I don't think QPR were ever actually in the relegation zone with Warnock - it was after he was sacked that they slipped into it.
Old 25-06-2020, 01:16 AM

So you can't name me a manager who was a worse top flight relegation record.

Perhaps I should put it another way that perhaps won't offend, there have probably been better managers than him at the lower lower level, but he has the best record for promotions, no one has more lower league promotions than him.

I mean Bill Shankly only got Liverpool promoted the once...
Old 25-06-2020, 01:33 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
You’re not offending anyone, you just have a definition of what constitutes the worst manager that’s different to everyone else’s on this thread.

I really don’t see the point in arguing as nauseam.
Old 25-06-2020, 08:24 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
It seems like you're trying hard to fish, but no one is biting - just disagreeing with you, and pointing out the reasons why. If you think that the person who has the most relegations out of the Premier League is the worst manager at that level ever, good luck to you. The majority will look at thinks in greater depth though.
Old 25-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
You’re not offending anyone, you just have a definition of what constitutes the worst manager that’s different to everyone else’s on this thread.

I really don’t see the point in arguing as nauseam.
Yep. Offend
Old 27-06-2020, 07:17 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
There are managers who have only been relegated once or twice that are worse, and probably some that were never relegated at all that were too. The reason Warnock was given 5 chances is because he is a talented manager.

Off the top of my head, worse managers - Keen at Blackburn, Bradley at Swansea, Pellegrino at Southampton, Gross at Spurs, Olsen at Wimbledon, and there are probably loads more.

One other thing: I don't think QPR were ever actually in the relegation zone with Warnock - it was after he was sacked that they slipped into it.
Aside Captain Bellend himself........

........I can't believe that Warnock is worse than this complete ****
Old 28-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Immediate impact! Beat one of their relegation rivals (Stoke) yesterday. Legend.
Old 28-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Warnock's top flight record:

Notts County in charge for full season - relegated
Sheff Utd in charge for full season - relegated
QPR - sacked as they were heading towards relegation
Palace - sacked as we were heading for relegation
Cardiff full season - relegated

His record speaks for itself. Brilliant in the lower leagues - the best. Beyond woeful in the top flight - the worst.
Sheffield Utd - relegated on last day after Tevez saga

QPR - sacked when they weren’t in drop zone

Palace - sacked when they weren’t in drop zone

Cardiff - did a miracle to keep them in with a shout.

He has done a great job, often with one hand tied behind his back, in top flight. Deserved more time/finances at previous clubs.