Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Never thought of that but surely Steve wouldn’t engage in that sort of shit on social media. He’s had plenty of chances with other fly by nights and never done it, so why now?!

If he did, I would expect him to write a post about wasters and not do it aimed directly at one player. There’s been loads in his reign.
Can't imagine he would 'go for the player' because he will want to negotiate for loan players in this window. But if he was being sarcastic those that 'know' will recognise it, including the player.

TBH I wasn't really saying that IS what was meant, more that it was how I read it when I saw it knowing the rumours about the player etc. TBH I don't much care either way, it didn't work out, he has had a gentle dig and he has gone. Not worth wasting a lot more time on him TBH. AT least the club hasn't got involved in the petty stuff which could easily have been a risk with some of our previous managers.
Old 17-01-2020, 11:29 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I thought he was taking the p*** TBH I.e. irony.
Which then wouldn’t match up with what Roy said about Victor in today’s press conference.
Old 17-01-2020, 11:32 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Wanker took the money and didn't try to get picked or play. Youth players on the bench ahead of him says everything, Reideweld worked his way in so clearly there's a path. Another Mutch, Padavano etc etc Break a leg ******
There’s currently a path for Jairo because we were desperate for someone to play LB. Roy said last week that even Jairo was initially reluctant to do it.
Old 18-01-2020, 10:54 AM

Johnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowJohnsonpen will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Space, waste of
Avoid any future recruitment of Cardiff midfielders or piss money up against the wall
Old 18-01-2020, 01:38 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Which then wouldn’t match up with what Roy said about Victor in today’s press conference.
But you must have seen enough of Roy’s conferences to know that he always plays the gentleman and never picks on a player by name. So i wouldn’t expect it to match up. He is not going to say he was a real w***** that turned up when he felt like it, decided himself when he could or couldn’t play and wouldn’t listen to the coaches. And right too. We want ’ this month
Old 18-01-2020, 01:44 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Pure conjecture, but Roy may well have been a tad tetchy if he was still on the books.
Old 18-01-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
But you must have seen enough of Roy’s conferences to know that he always plays the gentleman and never picks on a player by name. So i wouldn’t expect it to match up. He is not going to say he was a real w***** that turned up when he felt like it, decided himself when he could or couldn’t play and wouldn’t listen to the coaches. And right too. We want ’ this month
Roy is indeed a gentleman. However, he could easily have stuck to confirming that Victor had been allowed to return...but no, he praised him in a similar manner to Parish.

So, are we going to conclude from this that two grown men have gone out of their way to praise Victor because they’re both taking the Mick and being ironic in a childish ‘in joke’ between them, or because it’s genuine?
Old 18-01-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Roy is indeed a gentleman. However, he could easily have stuck to confirming that Victor had been allowed to return...but no, he praised him in a similar manner to Parish.

So, are we going to conclude from this that two grown men have gone out of their way to praise Victor because they’re both taking the Mick and being ironic in a childish ‘in joke’ between them, or because it’s genuine?
No. I don’t much care TBH but I think Roy behaved as Roy always does. I don’t think he was taking the mick. The ‘he is a certain type of player’ is as close as he will ever get I suspect. I don’t think I said SP was taking the mick, I said that’s how I read it at the time. TBH Another more likely reason would be that his club in negotiation would be keen to avoid any negative connotation of the loan being cut short because they are trying to get rid of him. So maybe that’s why. As I say, I don’t much care.

Hopefully he will do well at his new club. Good luck to him.