Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 PM

mikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another day
Crystal palace 5 sheffield united 1 1971

Hello guys and girls(may he never be forgotten) Can anyone out there sell me a copy of the Crystal palace 5 Sheffield united 1 game in 1971.I was there ,just a nipper and would happily pay for a copy of it on dvd.If you can get me a copy or know of anyone who can sell me this please please drop me a email to my home email address mikepamreed@yahoo.co.uk .
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Worth it just to see Yogi Hughes goal. It almost burst the net.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 11-11-2011, 12:26 PM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
And John McCormicks. Stayed in his pub in Cumbernauld back in 1996. Lovely fellow. Lovely pub. Brought back my retro '70's shirt as a little pressie on my second visit. It was too big for him!! Maybe the centre halfs
were not that big back then? (Or l am a fat b------d?)

Anyway, he said he knew it was a goal from the moment he hit it And also
that he knocked a few years off his age when we were enquiring after him. Thank god the internet was not around. Loved him and Mel Blyth back then.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle
And John McCormicks. Stayed in his pub in Cumbernauld back in 1996. Lovely fellow. Lovely pub. Brought back my retro '70's shirt as a little pressie on my second visit. It was too big for him!! Maybe the centre halfs

that he knocked a few years off his age when we were enquiring after him. Thank god the internet was not around. Loved him and Mel Blyth back then.
John McCorormick was one of my favourite players and that goal he scored was fantastic, he was the archetypal (sp?) craggy scot
Old 11-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepam
Hello guys and girls(may he never be forgotten) Can anyone out there sell me a copy of the Crystal palace 5 Sheffield united 1 game in 1971.I was there ,just a nipper and would happily pay for a copy of it on dvd.If you can get me a copy or know of anyone who can sell me this please please drop me a email to my home email address mikepamreed@yahoo.co.uk .
The goals are on the Centenary DVD. I've never seen them anywhere else apart from the build up to our FA Cup Final. Does that help?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:14 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I love stories like this. What's his pub called?
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 11-11-2011, 07:05 PM

mikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another daymikepam will last through forever and another day
Thanks guys for the replies, was the match covered by itv or bbc MR polak. This can help to trace the game rather than just the goals.All those years ago and I can still see the shot in my mind.I think it were from near the centre spot where he whacked it or my memories are coloured from too many disappointments since then
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 PM

desperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Great goal by McCormick and even greater reaction
Will always remember Barry Davies on the BBC Match of the Day commentary "Just look at his face!"
Old 12-11-2011, 09:40 AM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Regan
I love stories like this. What's his pub called?
Sorry JR, but l cant remember the name of the pub.

I know it was in Cumbernauld Village. I have had a look on the internet but
no names of pubs listed in the village ring any bells.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Vaguely recall reading recently that John McCormick had retired.

Cracking goal wasn't it, that match was brilliant, floodlights came on very early, fantastic atmosphere.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John`Yogi´Hughes wasn't it who scored at least one of these goals ? I remember watching this on Match of The Day in Ireland. I had a lump in my throat then, and now just thinking back to it. We got beaten heavily so often, this was a major event in the life of a Palace fan. Thanks for the memory.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
54 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
40 years ago today. Almost impossible to believe!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM

StevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So it doesn't look as if the whole game (or the Match of the Day recording) is available anywhere?

This was the game where we got a whole season's luck in one go - everything we tried worked, and you can see the look of joy and amazement on each of the scorers' faces.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepam
Thanks guys for the replies, was the match covered by itv or bbc MR polak. This can help to trace the game rather than just the goals.
I believe that it was BBC as the goals were shown as part of their build up to the 1990 final. I don't know much about the game apart from the goals on the centenary DVD and the cup final programme. I was a nipper at the time.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Sorry JR, but l cant remember the name of the pub.

I know it was in Cumbernauld Village. I have had a look on the internet but
no names of pubs listed in the village ring any bells.
The Spur Hotel. Just looked it up on "google street". Looks a bit tatty now.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:49 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Those of us who were at that game will never forget it. Here is a report of the game by that excellent 'Advertiser' reporter John Matthews.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img576.jpg (1.49 MB, 64 views)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Vaguely recall reading recently that John McCormick had retired.
He kept himself fit but I suppose it had to come eventually.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a game, watched from the Arthur Enclosure. Sheff Utd had been (or still were) top of the table, they had some very good players then.

We had a purple patch day, ripped them to shreds one of our best performances in that first 4 year slot in the top divison. One of those cold dark December days.

I was surprised we won as we always seem to lose games closest to my Birthday, which was the next day (and as tonights game falls in that catagory we will no doubt lose tonight!) However we never looked like we were not going to win this game.

Great goals from Yogi and certainly Johnny Mac's goal was one to remember, I recall him going forward with the ball and no Sheff Utd player went near him, as several people around me were shouting hit it and he did boy did he!

Every bit as good as Darrens goal last week!!

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM

vivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyes
IIRC, wasn't that bearded dirty f**ker Trevor Hockey taken to the cleaners by Yogi ?
What a player, what defender fancied him running at him at full pelt ?
Old 13-09-2019, 09:08 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How very Palace, I hadn't previously appreciated that this famous 5-1 win in 1971, the stuff of folklore, was, ahem, followed by only one more home win the rest of the entire season, the last one of that campaign in 1972. As you were.