Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Have you changed who you are planning to vote for?

I read over the weekend that apparently a high percentage of people are not intending to vote for their usual choice or have changed their mind since the election was announced.

So my question is whether you are a staunch supporter of one particular party or a ”floater voter”, since the election was announced have you changed your mind with who you intend to vote for?

Whether it be because you plan to vote tactically or you have just been put off voting for your original choice for whatever reason.

Don’t worry I am not expecting people to reveal their choices if they don’t want to.

When the election was first announced, I was going to vote for the same party I voted for in 2015 and 2017. However, since the campaining has gone on I am not so sure now and will probably vote differently on Thursday.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
This might help you make your minds up...To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-12-2019, 03:41 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was going to as I always do vote Lib Dems...I am now going to vote Labour for the first time in a national GE.

The reason, having looked at all the other parties they all seem to offer the same old same old, cutting all and giving tax breaks, I think maybe a re-focus on trying to get most of us to the same point regarding education, health and the whole welfare state, trying to bring the nations assets back under government ownership and try to stop the greed is good mindset...just change it all because its not really working well for the nation, this nation the 5th richest in the world that has child poverty and food-banks for the working poor...the more I think of it the crosser I get.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
I am probably what you would classify as a floating voter, having voted three different ways in the last three elections - most recently Green in 2017.

This time round, I am voting tactically in an attempt to ensure that the Labour candidate keeps her seat - the constituency voted to leave, and although I am not sure on her position personally, there has been a bit of a backlash on social media for her voting record on Brexit and so, whilst it should probably be a safe (ish) Labour seat, I'm, not sure such a thing exists any more. For information, I'm in the seat that was Jo Cox's prior to her death.

I think all round, Labour are probably the best option for the country, but my vote is still through gritted teeth. I think Corbyn will be a terrible PM, but terrible is still a lot better than I think Johnson will be with a majority. It's hardly a huge endorsement - being the least worst out of an appalling bunch, but that's where I see Corbyn at the moment.

Undoing all the crap that Corbyn causes can probably be done with relative ease, when you compare it to the scale of what Boris is likely to cause, and so "least worst" is probably the way to go.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I am probably what you would classify as a floating voter, having voted three different ways in the last three elections - most recently Green in 2017.

This time round, I am voting tactically in an attempt to ensure that the Labour candidate keeps her seat - the constituency voted to leave, and although I am not sure on her position personally, there has been a bit of a backlash on social media for her voting record on Brexit and so, whilst it should probably be a safe (ish) Labour seat, I'm, not sure such a thing exists any more. For information, I'm in the seat that was Jo Cox's prior to her death.

I think all round, Labour are probably the best option for the country, but my vote is still through gritted teeth. I think Corbyn will be a terrible PM, but terrible is still a lot better than I think Johnson will be with a majority. It's hardly a huge endorsement - being the least worst out of an appalling bunch, but that's where I see Corbyn at the moment.

Undoing all the crap that Corbyn causes can probably be done with relative ease, when you compare it to the scale of what Boris is likely to cause, and so "least worst" is probably the way to go.
I would say the same, but I'm in a Labour safe seat (or at least it should be as the majority at the last election was well over 10k) so will vote Lib Dem so as to not endorse Corbyn and continue to vote against Brexit
Old 09-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I would say the same, but I'm in a Labour safe seat (or at least it should be as the majority at the last election was well over 10k) so will vote Lib Dem so as to not endorse Corbyn and continue to vote against Brexit
It looks as though mine was relatively tight in 83, 87 and 92, then majorities for Labour of 6k (97), 5k (01, 05 and 10) and 6k in 15. The by-election in 16 gave a healthy majority, but no-one from the main parties stood. The 2017 election gave Brabin a 9k majority, but I'm not sure that counts as "safe" these days, as it's quite a "leave heavy" constituency, so could see Brexit or potentially Tory taking it.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:56 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I was going to vote for Boris but then my surgeon put my heart and brain back in.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-12-2019, 06:03 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I have moved to a Libdems constituency and if Swinson was not so bloody awful I may have voted for them to give them more clout in Westminster. However I am going to vote for my preferred choice, the SNP now.

I am just hoping that the Tories are wiped from the political map up here by losing all their 13 seats.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
This might help you make your minds up...To view the link you have to Register or Login
It has! I was expecting to hear a well reasoned argument full of persuasiveness and intelligent explanation. Instead all I heard was an expletive filled rant against Boris Johnson. Very disappointing.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 09-12-2019, 06:13 PM

strawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is herestrawberry mivi Sam the man is here
We moved in the summer and I've just checked the results of the last election for our new area.
Cons - 35000
Lab - 15000
Lib Dem - 3000

Doesn't look like anything I do will make a difference.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:17 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
It has! I was expecting to hear a well reasoned argument full of persuasiveness and intelligent explanation. Instead all I heard was an expletive filled rant against Boris Johnson. Very disappointing.
To be fair it is impossible to talk about Johnson without an expletive popping out every other word.

The guy is a total disgrace for what he is doing to the standards of British politics. He deserves the opprobrium he gets and a lot more.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:37 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
We moved in the summer and I've just checked the results of the last election for our new area.
Cons - 35000
Lab - 15000
Lib Dem - 3000

Doesn't look like anything I do will make a difference.
Same here i hate it! Labour did actually come 2nd last time with 18.6% to the Tories 64.9! but if you go back to pre Tory lib dems the yellows were not that far off(sometimes under 3k votes in it),possible that a low turn out with the old fogey tories staying home due to pissing with rain and tactical voting by some poss including non brexit tories they could win? until a few days ago i was voting with heart but i am wavering a bit.Prob wont be sure until i am in there on the day!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Yes.

After some careful consideration I’ve decided I am now voting Tory. Reading their manifesto, they are the only party offering genuine reform in this country. I trust them with the NHS and I trust them to deliver big on social care.

Say what you want about Boris but he gets things done, including Brexit.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Sticking with Lib Dems. This is the second referendum and i dont trust Labour to reverse Brexit
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 PM

silverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No not at all Corbyn is unelectable.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverymoon View Post
No not at all Corbyn is unelectable.
How many times has he been returned as an MP?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know much about politics but it feels impossible to tactical vote. Anything could happen this time around. Scary times.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Now there’s a surprise.

Pompous, supercilious, humourless, jobsworth boomer not convinced by intelligent explanation.

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Very ******* disappointing.
Fixed that for you.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Yes completely. I have always voted Conservative but this time will vote green as they have the best chance to beat this safe seat. I would vote Labour if I thought it could get rid of these liars and charlatans. I am like an ex smoker or a vegan or a woman scores I now HATE them with a passion as I now see what they have become.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018