Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #381  
Old 17-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is offline
Life’s too short for shit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 49
Posts: 28,571
Rep Power: 21474843
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Roy has killed Benteke. He would be one of our best players in a different system.
Would he fvck as like
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 17-01-2020, 05:15 PM
mushroom's Avatar
mushroom mushroom is offline
sleep chaser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Too far from where i wanna be.
Posts: 14,171
Rep Power: 21474851
mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Roy has killed Benteke. He would be one of our best players in a different system.


Hi akinbiyifan, I have issues with your ability to judge strikers.
__________________
When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 17-01-2020, 05:25 PM
GrayP41ace's Avatar
GrayP41ace GrayP41ace is offline
Only One Dougie Freedman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Walking in a Dougie Wonderland
Age: 35
Posts: 7,228
Rep Power: 21474851
GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Roy has killed Benteke. He would be one of our best players in a different system.
Is that ‘the shitter you are the better you’re rated’ system?
__________________
To make any lie all that more believable just add "In America....."
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 17-01-2020, 05:31 PM
El Aguila's Avatar
El Aguila El Aguila is offline
Middle class left.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On Green Dolphin Street.
Age: 55
Posts: 48,366
Rep Power: 21474856
El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The season where he scored all those goals was a disastrous fiasco of a season, though - only redeemed by BFS spending oodles of money (very well, to be fair).
__________________
Salt Peanuts! Salt Peanuts!
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 17-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Billy Rhino's Avatar
Billy Rhino Billy Rhino is offline
Time is running out
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sadchester
Age: 48
Posts: 18,901
Rep Power: 21474849
Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Hi akinbiyifan, I have issues with your ability to judge strikers.
I think he makes a lot of sense

yours sincerely

mackenfan
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 17-01-2020, 06:08 PM
CP-RJW's Avatar
CP-RJW CP-RJW is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sheffield
Age: 19
Posts: 13,719
Rep Power: 21474842
CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I think he makes a lot of sense

yours sincerely

mackenfan
Benteke is class, remember his legendary performance at the Emirates which shook the football world?

Yours sincerely

hdeaglefan
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 17-01-2020, 06:17 PM
Langers's Avatar
Langers Langers is offline
Newbury Eagles
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,169
Rep Power: 21474852
Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
So they beat West Germany 8-3 in thr group but then lost to them in the final?

Ouch.

I just looked it up - they were 2-0 after 8 minutes of the final too before losing 3-2. Even more ouch! Did they switch off and think the game was already won?
Height of the cold war tensions - dodgy Welsh linesman and a doped West Germany team apparently
__________________
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 17-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Percy Dalton's Avatar
Percy Dalton Percy Dalton is offline
In a nutshell
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ojen, Spain
Age: 64
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 21367468
Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticehurst View Post
There is the problem,Roy's done a brilliant job built on a platform of having a tight disciplined back line and a midfield covering sheilding the back four..by calling bentekie one of our best players is ludicrous he's scored is it two goals in two years and suppose to be a forward..going forward is where we are being let down and have done since we've been back up.relying to much on zaha and not enough creativity in the middle ..Camarasa not getting game time is criminal surely he deserved a chance but we will never know.roys faith in his favourite few players is infuriating but we're 9th in the league so would do I know..one thing I do know bentekie is not one of our best players.
Why would he say anything else in public ? If we want to move him on then of course Roy should be praising him. That also applies in trying to restore the players confidence, he needs some sort of boost. If Roy has different views to those he expresses in Press conferences, these should be voiced behind closed doors and not for the ear of the press and public
__________________
Peanuts only a Joey a bag.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 17-01-2020, 07:43 PM
Eddie McGoldrick's tash's Avatar
Eddie McGoldrick's tash Eddie McGoldrick's tash is offline
I'm thinking about it
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Nottingham
Age: 40
Posts: 24,800
Rep Power: 21474856
Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Why would he say anything else in public ? If we want to move him on then of course Roy should be praising him. That also applies in trying to restore the players confidence, he needs some sort of boost. If Roy has different views to those he expresses in Press conferences, these should be voiced behind closed doors and not for the ear of the press and public
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 17-01-2020, 07:49 PM
akinbiyifan's Avatar
akinbiyifan akinbiyifan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,185
Rep Power: 2187066
akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Benteke is class, remember his legendary performance at the Emirates which shook the football world?

Yours sincerely

hdeaglefan
Or when we won away at Anfield 2-1 and he scored both goals (under BFS)
__________________
P.S I don't think Akinbiyi is a world beater.
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 17-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Psych Psych is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 13606136
Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Benteke to villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Or when we won away at Anfield 2-1 and he scored both goals (under BFS)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

And the only system Benteke could score in is a brothel system (and even then the jury’s out)
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 17-01-2020, 10:45 PM
akinbiyifan's Avatar
akinbiyifan akinbiyifan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,185
Rep Power: 2187066
akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

And the only system Benteke could score in is a brothel system (and even then the jury’s out)
But hasn’t he been a consistent goal scorer his whole career before playing in Roy’s system? Are you able to use Wikipedia? Or do you not want the facts to get in the way of your attempt at humour?

Here is a quiz for you, after Andy Johnson who is tied second with Chris Armstrong for most goals (15) scored in a single Premier league season?

Unless you have amnesia you should be able to get the answer.
__________________
P.S I don't think Akinbiyi is a world beater.

Last edited by akinbiyifan; 17-01-2020 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 18-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Billy Rhino's Avatar
Billy Rhino Billy Rhino is offline
Time is running out
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sadchester
Age: 48
Posts: 18,901
Rep Power: 21474849
Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
But hasn’t he been a consistent goal scorer his whole career before playing in Roy’s system? Are you able to use Wikipedia? Or do you not want the facts to get in the way of your attempt at humour?

Here is a quiz for you, after Andy Johnson who is tied second with Chris Armstrong for most goals (15) scored in a single Premier league season?

Unless you have amnesia you should be able to get the answer.
Liverpool couldn't wait to offload him, although he scored for them he looked so cumbersome. The rest of the football world wasn't prepared to pay that sort of money then, and they're still not now. His off-the-ball movement is non-existent and he rarely chases down defenders, comparing his effort to Ayew's shows how limited he has become.

Our style may not be suited to him but I don't think there's many PL clubs that would put up with his poor work rate, regardless of goals scored.
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 18-01-2020, 12:38 AM
SOUTHGATE EAGLE's Avatar
SOUTHGATE EAGLE SOUTHGATE EAGLE is offline
N14 and not so proud...
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: My name gives a clue?
Posts: 6,716
Rep Power: 21474842
SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Or when we won away at Anfield 2-1 and he scored both goals (under BFS)
Benteke's brief goalscoring period was under BFS and when we played with Wilf alongside him. Under our normal system, where the striker is there to feed the wingers, Benteke has scored poorly, regardless of the manager and along with most strikers since we came up. The problem has always been supply and the system we play, from the perspective of a striker wanting to be judged fairly. Not that Benteke has been a fraction of the player for us that Murray was and Gayle could have been here.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 18-01-2020, 12:40 AM
davech's Avatar
davech davech is offline
Old and jaded
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: S Norwood
Age: 66
Posts: 8,715
Rep Power: 21474846
davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Liverpool couldn't wait to offload him, although he scored for them he looked so cumbersome. The rest of the football world wasn't prepared to pay that sort of money then, and they're still not now. His off-the-ball movement is non-existent and he rarely chases down defenders, comparing his effort to Ayew's shows how limited he has become.

Our style may not be suited to him but I don't think there's many PL clubs that would put up with his poor work rate, regardless of goals scored.
Back then, he could also dive. Who can forget the outrageous dive for a last minute penalty (which he took and scored, iirc) to win it for the scousers? Something VAR wouldn't let him get away with these days
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 18-01-2020, 07:18 AM
akinbiyifan's Avatar
akinbiyifan akinbiyifan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,185
Rep Power: 2187066
akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Benteke's brief goalscoring period was under BFS and when we played with Wilf alongside him. Under our normal system, where the striker is there to feed the wingers, Benteke has scored poorly, regardless of the manager and along with most strikers since we came up. The problem has always been supply and the system we play, from the perspective of a striker wanting to be judged fairly. Not that Benteke has been a fraction of the player for us that Murray was and Gayle could have been here.
I don’t think Zaha and Benteke played upfront together did they? I thought it was a 4-2-3-1 under BFS, well at least it was when we beat Arsenal at home 3 nil. I watched the highlights yesterday and I think that was our best 11 since we went up.

I wouldn’t say a season of scoring is a brief period. The fact is in the last two and a half seasons Benteke has been uncharacteristically poor at scoring goals. I would put this down to Roy’s turgid system, injuries, and subsequent lack of confidence. If others want to conclude that “he is shit” and “could only score in a brothel” then fine, it is all about opinions. I happen to think that is a simplistic view and his record suggests otherwise.

I agree with the point you noted that no striker has really scored since we have been up (except the one season of 15 goals from Benteke) so maybe it is slightly unfair to completely blame Roy’s system.

Dare I say it but our reliance on Zaha and his approach to wing play could be a significant factor. He is of course a brilliant player, maybe our GOAT, but I would imagine it is hard for a centre forward to make consistent forward runs as Zaha does not supply the ball consistently to the same areas.
__________________
P.S I don't think Akinbiyi is a world beater.

Last edited by akinbiyifan; 18-01-2020 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 18-01-2020, 07:21 AM
GrayP41ace's Avatar
GrayP41ace GrayP41ace is offline
Only One Dougie Freedman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Walking in a Dougie Wonderland
Age: 35
Posts: 7,228
Rep Power: 21474851
GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Benteke's brief goalscoring period was under BFS and when we played with Wilf alongside him. Under our normal system, where the striker is there to feed the wingers, Benteke has scored poorly, regardless of the manager and along with most strikers since we came up. The problem has always been supply and the system we play, from the perspective of a striker wanting to be judged fairly. Not that Benteke has been a fraction of the player for us that Murray was and Gayle could have been here.
Once again, Benteke’s best goal scoring period was his 8 in 15 for Pardew, where the defence was entirely neglected for goals going forward, Wilf was not up alongside him during that time. He did get 7 in 20 under Sam.

The issue wasn’t that he didn’t score goals back then, it’s that since his Villa days and his bad injuries he has not been the same player, evident from his season at Liverpool and even his first season with us, he had started to do worse than he should have by every metric there is, with his second season utterly dreadful. You mention style and lack of chances again, but truth be told, when presented with chances, Benteke for the past 3 seasons has missed far more than he has put away, that is not the sign of a poor manager, just as his stint under Pardew doesn’t mean he was a genius.
__________________
To make any lie all that more believable just add "In America....."
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 18-01-2020, 07:35 AM
GrayP41ace's Avatar
GrayP41ace GrayP41ace is offline
Only One Dougie Freedman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Walking in a Dougie Wonderland
Age: 35
Posts: 7,228
Rep Power: 21474851
GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
I wouldn’t say a season of scoring is a brief period. The fact is in the last two and a half seasons Benteke has been uncharacteristically poor at scoring goals. I would put this down to Roy’s turgid system, injuries, and subsequent lack of confidence. If others want to conclude that “he is shit” and “could only score in a brothel” then fine, it is all about opinions. I happen to think that is a simplistic view and his record suggests otherwise.

I agree with the point you noted that no striker has really scored since we have been up (except the one season of 15 goals from Benteke) so maybe it is slightly unfair to completely blame Roy’s system.

Dare I say it but our reliance on Zaha and his approach to wing play could be a significant factor. He is of course a brilliant player, maybe our GOAT, but I would imagine it is hard for a centre forward to make consistent forward runs as Zaha does not supply the ball consistently to the same areas.
Benteke has had one good season in his last 5! His record up to 2014-15 was good, but it hasn’t been anything like that for the majority of his next 5 years.

In those same 5 years he has had a negative xG in all 5. Even when scoring 15 he should have registered 17+

I can acknowledge that a striker restricted in his chances will have less goals unless he’s ridiculously clinical or the chances are sitters, but he should be sitting on around 16 goals in his last 2 and a half (injury hit tbf) seasons but he’s sitting on 4 with 1 of those a scuffed penalty!

I think the evolution of our side to a ‘negative, turgid, boring’ side has simply come about because the players we’ve lost offensively have never been replaced and instead we have got stronger defensively. Couple that with any chances we do create simply being wasted by the only striker we have really had, it’s not surprise we play with far more intent not to concede than to try and score. As even if we do create chance after chance, Benteke invariably will miss them anyway!
__________________
To make any lie all that more believable just add "In America....."
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 18-01-2020, 07:43 AM
akinbiyifan's Avatar
akinbiyifan akinbiyifan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,185
Rep Power: 2187066
akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Benteke has had one good season in his last 5! His record up to 2014-15 was good, but it hasn’t been anything like that for the majority of his next 5 years.

In those same 5 years he has had a negative xG in all 5. Even when scoring 15 he should have registered 17+

I can acknowledge that a striker restricted in his chances will have less goals unless he’s ridiculously clinical or the chances are sitters, but he should be sitting on around 16 goals in his last 2 and a half (injury hit tbf) seasons but he’s sitting on 4 with 1 of those a scuffed penalty!

I think the evolution of our side to a ‘negative, turgid, boring’ side has simply come about because the players we’ve lost offensively have never been replaced and instead we have got stronger defensively. Couple that with any chances we do create simply being wasted by the only striker we have really had, it’s not surprise we play with far more intent not to concede than to try and score. As even if we do create chance after chance, Benteke invariably will miss them anyway!
Just a question but has any striker scored a lot of goals under Roy?

Ayew, who is doing well, has 7 goals in 1.5 seasons?

Bobby Zamora’s first season with Roy at Fulham he scored 2 goals in 35 games. His best season under Roy he scored 8 goals.
__________________
P.S I don't think Akinbiyi is a world beater.

Last edited by akinbiyifan; 18-01-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 18-01-2020, 07:48 AM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is offline
Life’s too short for shit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 49
Posts: 28,571
Rep Power: 21474843
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
Just a question but has any striker scored a lot of goals under Roy?

Ayew, who is doing well, has 7 goals in 1.5 seasons?
Are you seriously saying that his paltry contribution is purely down to Roy and the system we play ?

So no fault on CB at all...for being utter shit for 2.5 seasons ?

I honestly don’t think Worksop Town’s striker would have done any worse
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.