Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 21-05-2019, 08:39 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Last time we did a player exchange with Arsenal (AFAIK) it was Sansom for Clive Allen, both valued at £1m and we then sold Allen for around 500k. Lot of money in those days.
Also don’t forget we bought Paul Barron the keeper for some outrageous price on the same deal and he turned out to be one of our worst ever keepers
Old 21-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Our top scorer that season and a career record of almost a goal every second game. Also Gabbiadini didn't have too bad a career after leaving us.
Never understood the hostility towards Marco. I never felt he was made welcome here and his scoring record was actually very respectable
Old 21-05-2019, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I have a funny feeling that within about half an hour of that match kicking off Arsenal's chances of winning the Champions' League will be toast.
You may have a funny feeling but that doesn't mean it is correct. The future isn't written. Arsenal having a good day and beating them is quite possible even if its not probable. But I don't think there's much between them.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
Arsenal took Sansom and destroyed the team of the eighties, they took Wright and destroyed our 3rd place in the top flight team, are we really going to let them do it again??
I think i'd rather see him go to Spurs on a free than that just to really piss them off..
Tbf the team of the 80s started to fall apart when Swindlehurst was sold as we lost our best attacking outlet.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Nelson plays more like a young Townsend than a young zaha so if he was to sign I hope people realise that and aren’t expecting lots of step overs and taking on 5 players. Nothing wrong with two Townsends but it will be a player who goes past a man and passes/shoots/crosses, not that runs at 5 players into the box

If he is going nelson + 60m is ok ish. Maybe 60m + chambers + nelson as I wouldn’t be surprised if Dann wanted to be first choice somewhere next season.

We’d need more though, a 19 year old prospect can’t be expected to replace zaha on his own. Lookman and nelson? Or prospect nelson and a seasoned pro like wallcott? Then what’s left on a striker or two?
Nope, have a look at his highlights from this season with TSG Hoffenheim. Pretty "flair" player if you ask me.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Worth about £20 million in this market. Definitely a good deal for £60 million + him for Zaha.

Also disagree with you orp pisshead, Nelson definitely makes our starting 11 on the strength of that performance. I'm more inclined to agree with Jordan555x thinking about it. He does more or less slot into our current system.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everyone seems to be assuming that Nelson would be willing to come to Palace, I think he will have set his expectations higher and may not be happy to come to Selhurst Park
Old 21-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
Arsenal took Sansom and destroyed the team of the eighties, they took Wright and destroyed our 3rd place in the top flight team, are we really going to let them do it again??
I think i'd rather see him go to Spurs on a free than that just to really piss them off..
I hope that our transfer dealings are a bit more sophisticated than what may have happened in specific situations so long ago! We are in the here and now. Decisions costing tens of millions of pounds are not based on such petty spite. I am glad you are not spending my money!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 22-05-2019, 04:13 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Everyone seems to be assuming that Nelson would be willing to come to Palace, I think he will have set his expectations higher and may not be happy to come to Selhurst Park
I saw him play at the pre season Emirates cup for Arsenal two years ago, and he stood out in that, surprising he hasn't had more chances with the first team.

Very direct and would fit seamlessly into our system.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:16 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Fingers crossed Chelsea beat Arsenal and then have their transfer ban upheld. That would mean Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham (unable to meet our valuation) out of the reckoning. Then we are left with Liverpool and Man City, and he wouldn't play regularly at either side, yet.

Wilf needs to be patient and he will get a move to a top Champions League side in a couple of seasons time, and be a regular starter. If he is not to finish his career here I'd love to see him at Barcelona. Failing that, Real Madrid, PSG or Man City. It will happen for him if he can bang in another 15 goals next season and the one after with us. No reason he can't. If he is ambitious his end goal shouldn't be a side flirting with the Europa League.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:42 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Fingers crossed Chelsea beat Arsenal and then have their transfer ban upheld. That would mean Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham (unable to meet our valuation) out of the reckoning. Then we are left with Liverpool and Man City, and he wouldn't play regularly at either side, yet.

Wilf needs to be patient and he will get a move to a top Champions League side in a couple of seasons time, and be a regular starter. If he is not to finish his career here I'd love to see him at Barcelona. Failing that, Real Madrid, PSG or Man City. It will happen for him if he can bang in another 15 goals next season and the one after with us. No reason he can't. If he is ambitious his end goal shouldn't be a side flirting with the Europa League.
He will be 29 in two seasons time so I suggest he may have missed the boat by then.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
He will be 29 in two seasons time so I suggest he may have missed the boat by then.
The reality is that, unless there is a release clause in his contract that we don't know about, he was poorly advised in signing the last contract. It gave him more money in the short term, but it was always going to strengthen Palace's hand and mean that he is going to struggle to get a move for at least another couple of years. By taking the money he really did tie himself to Palace until he's possibly getting too old for a big move.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:51 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Even winning the UEFA Cup does not qualify a team for the knockout stages of the Champions League which is where clubs want to be.

Wilf's situation will be complicated by his involvement in the AFCON Tournament which takes place from June until late July.

If Arsenal were to beat Chelsea then they would face a number of gruelling matches to qualify for the Group Stage and these matches start straight after the AFCON 2019 Tournament which Wilf will be playing in for the Ivory Coast.

Old 22-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Never understood the hostility towards Marco. I never felt he was made welcome here and his scoring record was actually very respectable
I agree. He was 1 in 3 iirc, but just wasn't Ian Wright. Good player.

Same as Paul Bodin who was a very good fullback but people got on his case bigtime.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:28 PM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Without reading through this thread. Is there any hard evidence so far that any club wants him or that he actually wants to leave?
Old 22-05-2019, 02:54 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, he will be 28. And that is the same age that Hazard is now. And Hazard is off to Real Madrid: it hasn't put them off.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:56 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Even winning the UEFA Cup does not qualify a team for the knockout stages of the Champions League which is where clubs want to be.

Wilf's situation will be complicated by his involvement in the AFCON Tournament which takes place from June until late July.

If Arsenal were to beat Chelsea then they would face a number of gruelling matches to qualify for the Group Stage and these matches start straight after the AFCON 2019 Tournament which Wilf will be playing in for the Ivory Coast.

If Arsenal win they go automatically into the Group Stage.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-05-2019, 03:30 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

I think this thing of him only going to a club that has qualified for CL football next season is bollocks. He wants to leave so he can play Champions League Football -I think if that means spending a year playing in the PL & Europa League for a club with a decent chance of qualifying for CL the following year, he'd go for it.

Werner Herzog
Old 22-05-2019, 03:32 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I think this thing of him only going to a club that has qualified for CL football next season is bollocks. He wants to leave so he can play Champions League Football -I think if that means spending a year playing in the PL & Europa League for a club with a decent chance of qualifying for CL the following year, he'd go for it.

Yep, I think he just wants a realistic shot of showcasing his talents on the biggest stage... unfortunately... this increases the market for him.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:35 PM

CPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I agree. He was 1 in 3 iirc, but just wasn't Ian Wright. Good player.

Same as Paul Bodin who was a very good fullback but people got on his case bigtime.
Yep. Marco, despite being a decent player, struggled with our direct system of play. Still managed a good goal away to the bin dippers in 1991.

And agree re. Bodin.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:37 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
I’ve always said this too and when we played to his strengths he was sublime player. Think his goals ratio was 1/3 iircc. Quality quality player.