Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-08-2019, 07:59 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my brother in laws is a Blades fan and he seems to think they are going to tonk us Sunday. I feel there is going to be a lot of tears in Sheffield (and Maidstone!) come 4pm.
Old 14-08-2019, 08:39 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think the question needs to be - How are they going to cope with ours?
Old 14-08-2019, 09:47 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Their thread doesn't seem to be too arrogant to me. A home game against Palace is one where they should be looking to pick up points if they want to avoid relegation.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 14-08-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
I think their tactics could play right into our hands on Sunday.

Wilder's no idiot but considering they'll probably see this as a winnable home fixture I don't think they'll hold back.

Make no mistake, we're one of the best counter attacking sides in the league and we should have our best player fully fit from the start. We hit three at Anfield, three at the Etihad, three at the Emirates and four at the King Power last season. How many (if any) other sides did that?

Considering how sluggish we often look early on I was impressed with our fitness/movement on Saturday. If Wilf starts and we're on our game I think they'll struggle to contain us, especially if their CBs leave gaping holes at the back. There aren't many better teams at exploiting that than us.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This thread is funny to be fair. Assuming weve had one about pooing in football grounds on the BBS before?
I can't believe I've got a namesake on there!
Old 14-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The reality is we are a clear level above Shef Utd when our first team is out. As per we’ve not got our first XI ready to play.

We’re weak in the full back positions and toothless up front.
If we hold a firm line at the back and take our chances we should be winning this. Our Midfield is lightyears ahead of theirs. Baring Wolves teams coming up usually have a bounce for a couple of weeks before they hit the reality of this league, let’s hope it’s worn off.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So whats the deal with the tactics? they play 3 at the back and the outside CB's take turns to push forward making it a 2-6-2 overloading midfield/attack?
Old 14-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprkorngod View Post
So whats the deal with the tactics? they play 3 at the back and the outside CB's take turns to push forward making it a 2-6-2 overloading midfield/attack?
Pretty much yeah. It's organised chaos.

Clearly it worked a treat in League One/the Championship but you'd imagine they'll get severely punished on occasions the PL.

Nice to see a manager trying something different though. I'm really looking forward to the game on Sun.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:24 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We scored 3 goals at Anfield, 3 at The Etihad and 3 at The Emirates last season, let them come at us.

Edit: Just seen Kirby said the same.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Their thread doesn't seem to be too arrogant to me. A home game against Palace is one where they should be looking to pick up points if they want to avoid relegation.
Yep.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:34 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Pretty much yeah. It's organised chaos.

Clearly it worked a treat in League One/the Championship but you'd imagine they'll get severely punished on occasions the PL.

Nice to see a manager trying something different though. I'm really looking forward to the game on Sun.
They did well at Bournemouth. It will be interesting to see if Premier League players and managers find a solution that few Championship clubs did.

Even if they start well, teams may figure out a solution as the season develops, unfortunately for us we are going to their place very early on.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:46 AM

dhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedhcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
They did well at Bournemouth. It will be interesting to see if Premier League players and managers find a solution that few Championship clubs did.

Even if they start well, teams may figure out a solution as the season develops, unfortunately for us we are going to their place very early on.
I only watched the MOD highlights but the game hardly had many moments of quality that I can remember.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
I suspect the first 20 minutes will be crucial.

If we can start quickly and dampen the early fire they'll have I suspect they'll either get a bit nervous / frustrated and ease off OR they'll get a little less organised and we'll be more able to capitalise. It is one of those that the longer the game is in the balance the more likely it is that we'll be the victors.

Of course, if we find ourselves 0-2 quite early on then we'll be in for a shitty afternoon.

I'm not worried though. We've faced a plethora of challenges this past 7 seasons and this is not one to be particularly feared. The only time we really ****ed up against a newly promoted side early on was Huddersfield with de Boer in charge. I cannot see a repeat of the calamity for quite some time.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 14-08-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
They seem to think that focussing on Zaha will nullify us completely - let's hope Wilder is of the same view, although I doubt he will be.

The closest game to compare this to IMO would be the game at Huddersfield in Roy's first season - their whole build up was about stopping Zaha again, and they did that to quite good effect. Despite that, we ended up winning 2-0 extremely comfortably - I'll take a repeat on Sunday, although I doubt we'll get a repeat in terms of the weather
Old 14-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
It's an Ideal first home game for them, we rely on counter attacking against every team we play. We have no idea how Zaha will perform.

We don't keep the ball well or keep it in the oppositions half long enough, I'll take a draw.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
They seem to think that focussing on Zaha will nullify us completely - let's hope Wilder is of the same view, although I doubt he will be.

The closest game to compare this to IMO would be the game at Huddersfield in Roy's first season - their whole build up was about stopping Zaha again, and they did that to quite good effect. Despite that, we ended up winning 2-0 extremely comfortably - I'll take a repeat on Sunday, although I doubt we'll get a repeat in terms of the weather
Its a mistake quite a few teams make.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah I agree. Apart from one or two comments, they seem to be fairly grounded and sensibly assessing the situation; certainly compared with a number of other team's forums.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree that home games against the bottom 10 clubs are important for clubs wishing to stay up however we were 6th on away form last year. Against promoted teams we took 13 out of a possible 18 points (I think) including winning all 3 away games. We're quite happy to defend with just one player up front. It doesn't matter how many CB's overlap if you have almost the whole team in front of you, especially if Zaha is the player left up front. It should be a good game.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:41 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
It's an Ideal first home game for them, we rely on counter attacking against every team we play. We have no idea how Zaha will perform.

We don't keep the ball well or keep it in the oppositions half long enough, I'll take a draw.
None of our stats are any good away from home except goals scored and points earned - which are kind of important. If we rely on counter attacking who cares how long with have the ball? In fact we want them to come forward - that's how we scored 32 goals in 19 away games. I can't think of a more ideal first away game for us.

I agree that much depends on Zaha - and Meyer, Townsend, McArthur, Ayew, Benteke.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post

The problem for them is at the other end. They're coming up against another level of players now, particularly in attacking areas. They could probably afford to leave a bit of space in the Championship as most teams didn't punish them on the break. It was a calculated risk that often paid off. No chance they'll get as many let-offs in the Prem though.