Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:59 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Just a poor man's weltklasse...

Just a poor man's weltklasse...

Poor man's weltkalsse...

You just a poor man's weltklasse...

Btw, Friskey was feeling frisky and delivered another stinging, PM rebuke my way. Quite slayed me, it did.
Ive just had the usual neg rep bollocks from him.

Your archetypal keyboard warrior. Would run a mile
Old 04-05-2021, 09:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 04-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Ive just had the usual neg rep bollocks from him.

Your archetypal keyboard warrior. Would run a mile
From a fat old northern monkey.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:06 PM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
Dear Gathers54

My good self was told that the Blackpool manager,Critchwell ?, has an elite coaching qualification and used to be Liverpool Under 23 manager.
Perhaps this suggestion (from mid March) is not such a bad shout. Not for now, but Neil Critchley could well be a future top level manager. 42 years old, Liverpool U23 manager before taking the Blackpool job. Has just taken them into the League 1 playoffs with only two defeats in their last 21 matches.

Will have to ply his trade in the Championship (at Blackpool or another club at that level) before taking a PL job though.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:10 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People Wanting Dyche,do you think the club will pay Burnley the £3.5 million release clause?

I'd rather Lampard or Howe than Dyche.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:18 PM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedane View Post
Perhaps this suggestion (from mid March) is not such a bad shout. Not for now, but Neil Critchley could well be a future top level manager. 42 years old, Liverpool U23 manager before taking the Blackpool job. Has just taken them into the League 1 playoffs with only two defeats in their last 21 matches.

Will have to ply his trade in the Championship (at Blackpool or another club at that level) before taking a PL job though.
My dear Thedane
Yes Critchley and not Critchwell which I posted but I was none too sure about his name.Not that far off.My good self has been impressed with the job he has done at the 'Seasiders'.Ruddy well done I would say.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:20 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
People Wanting Dyche,do you think the club will pay Burnley the £3.5 million release clause?

Better than giving it to Pulis to buy some land or BFS to buy some lard
Old 04-05-2021, 09:34 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

Is that all ? Push the button Mr Parish.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:37 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

If he's the man we want, there's no reason we wouldn't do so. We've done it before with Holloway and Pardew.

I'm with you though, I'd rather Howe if it's possible.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:44 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if we could tempt Jose Bordalas at Getafe?
Old 04-05-2021, 09:55 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

I don't think it's possible to know who we'd want without knowing how well they'd be backed to play a certain style. Lampard, with a midfield like ours? We'd have a start as bad as under FdB.

I'd love Lampard here if we were to play Zaha right, Schlupp Left, Eze as CAM and brought in two superb, passing CMs plus two classy CBs. We could play high energy and make it work. But that's a lot of cash and can we make that happen? Doubtful.

Dyche is a safer bet but would the football improve much compared to Roy? I think we'd just be under Burnley. There is also the genuine question of whether Dyche would bond with the current players, for a host of reasons, including the possibility that he is racist. Not saying he is but the fact so few POC players have been utilized at Burnley is a question mark. He is apparently an authoritarian. Does that fit here?

Howe is not terrible but the smug git is tough to like. He might, however, be a better bet as someone to evolve us more slowly and safely than Lampard would wish, given a likely sub-optimal expenditure being possible in the players required.

It's going to be down to Parish. If he really wants to change how we play, he needs to back Lampard with real money, unlike with FdB. Last thing we need is another dreadful start and then another firefighter brought in.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:11 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I want Dyche... I think he suits our squad... and financial situation best. Howe/Lumpard would want £££ to spend. I want a manager that will be loyal... stay here for a while... give us identity and keep us in prem long enough that we get to see some academy kids come through.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:27 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:

We might have to pay to get lampard.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:34 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
We might have to pay to get lampard.

Only his salary. Chelsea fired him.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:42 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Anyone who is underwhelmed by Dyche should watch a few interviews with him. I think he’s full of ideas and energy and would get the best out of an already talented squad. Hopefully we can persuade him to join.
Not sure if you're on a wind up or not with some of your posts recently but I'll risk the whoosh.

Agree though. If anyone gets a chance to listen to some of his interviews I'd encourage it. There was one on TS probably last year now and I found it fascinating.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Only his salary. Chelsea fired him.
Might be one of those sackings where he has to give Chelsea back X million if he gets another job. Who knows.

I’d have Howe over Lampard.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:20 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Or £3.5 mill vs -£120-150 mill?.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:02 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Might be one of those sackings where he has to give Chelsea back X million if he gets another job. Who knows.

I’d have Howe over Lampard.
I think Howe’s probably on one of those contracts after resigning from Bournemouth. Would have to cough up a certain amount if he turns up elsewhere during this season. Will expect to hear an announcement of his next move on June 1st!

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-05-2021, 06:05 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Lampard matched McClaren's league position with Derby, and had some help with Chelsea loanees. A good achievement in his first season as a manager, but it wasn't actually that great.

A good first season at Chelsea, bringing through young players. As soon as he was given money to spend and had to work more regularly with senior players, they seemed to realise he was dogshit. Ever since he was sacked, Chelsea have become so much better.

I just don't get the hype.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:17 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I just don't get the hype.
Not just you.