Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:37 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I’m delighted for them.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-05-2021, 03:04 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
I still can’t believe we caved in to them like we did. The players are a disgrace, and Roy should be sacked…

We played a different team.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:08 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
I have NEVER seen ANYTHING in Neymar to suggest he's worth all the hype. Things I've seen Zaha, Eze, Townsend, Bolasie do I've not seen him get close. Most over-rated player in the history of the game.
Come On Stockport. If they handed out trinkets for the best in rolling about, he woudl have more than Messi and Ronaldo combined. The GIFs during the World Cup were brilliant. And FIFA did nothing about it. Tough tackle winning the ball and a player gets shown a red, though.

Old 05-05-2021, 03:34 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
I have NEVER seen ANYTHING in Neymar to suggest he's worth all the hype
One of the best players in the world, we would go crazy at even the idea of having him at Palace.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
One of the best players in the world, we would go crazy at even the idea of having him at Palace.
He's won one Champions League, some trophies in France, and some titles in Spain surrounded by the remnants of one of the best teams of all time.

For Brasil he has junior honours and a Confederation Cup win.

Compared to the best players of his generation, he is a long way short.

We go crazy keeping Zaha or the potential of Eze. You are comparing Crystal palace to Barcelona.

Great little player on his day, when the stars align and he can behave himself, but was surplus to requirements at Barcelona, and despite their evident interest not good enough for them to pay the big bucks that PSG are likely to want.

Another season of being part of a team of flat track bullies that still struggles to dominate the other sides in a league that is so shockingly skewed in PSG's favour.

Last edited by PeterH; 05-05-2021 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:31 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
You exaggerate to add weight to your argument. He would walk straight into any top club.

He is also, of course, a despicable cheat, like too many talented South American players (Suarez, Maradona for example)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:57 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
History makers’

‘They’ve done it’

The blue moon has risen’

‘For a long, long time now, Manchester City’s destination has been the Champion’s League final’

I had no idea they gave out trophies nowadays for purely reach a final.....
Old 05-05-2021, 06:06 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
According to the BBC it’s a ‘fairytale’

A fairytale written by the Saudi Arabian oil industry
Old 05-05-2021, 06:10 AM

It will be a Real shame if it's an all-English final
Old 05-05-2021, 06:26 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It will be a Real shame if it's an all-English final
I'm obviously hoping that Real go through tonight. I was happy that Man City beat PSG last night but I am kinda hoping that Real beat Man City in the final aided by wonderful shithousery from Ramos et al.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:56 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
He's won one Champions League, some trophies in France, and some titles in Spain surrounded by the remnants of one of the best teams of all time.

For Brasil he has junior honours and a Confederation Cup win.

Compared to the best players of his generation, he is a long way short.

We go crazy keeping Zaha or the potential of Eze. You are comparing Crystal palace to Barcelona.

Great little player on his day, when the stars align and he can behave himself, but was surplus to requirements at Barcelona, and despite their evident interest not good enough for them to pay the big bucks that PSG are likely to want.

Another season of being part of a team of flat track bullies that still struggles to dominate the other sides in a league that is so shockingly skewed in PSG's favour.

He was outrageously good in the first half of the first leg. City definitely took control of that game and he wasn’t the same without Mbappe running off him last night.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:55 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

It's very sad the way the game has gone. Not what I grew up with.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:38 AM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

Manchester City are the ninth English club side to reach the European Cup/Champions League final

I would say the achievements of Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa winning it were in the realm of fairy tale and not a club that has pumped hundreds of millions of pounds season after season over a couple of decades to achieve their 'dream'
It is five!
Old 05-05-2021, 09:42 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is interesting that the British media seem hesitant to be balanced in terms of the huge amounts of money they have spent and their 'achievements' - I suppose it's out of respect to the players and Guardiola (who is a bit of a media darling). I wonder if they start to dominate and win the league in consecutive years, whether that narrative will change and there will be a backlash?
Old 05-05-2021, 09:45 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
It's very sad the way the game has gone. Not what I grew up with.
Bring back decent honest British owners and chairmen like Stan Flashman, George Reynolds, Robert Maxwell, Ron Noades, Doug Ellis, Peter Ridsdale, Ken Bates, Owen Oyston, that bloke who tried to burn down Doncaster’s ground, Peter Swales &c.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Goodbye baseball!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Going against the grain I hope Man City win the Champions League, there I said it. Rather them than Real Madrid or Chelsea.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:07 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
You exaggerate to add weight to your argument.
Indeed. “Surplus to requirements at Barca” Sure, in the same way that Wilf would be surplus to requirements at Palace if we got offered enough money.

Neymar is an incredibly polarising figure though, I find myself arguing with both people who love him and people who hate him. Apparently I belong in an insane asylum for questioning on twitter if he’s even a top 10 Brazilian of all time. Yet on the BBS, I’m sure that goes without saying for most people.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 05-05-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:08 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Going against the grain I hope Man City win the Champions League, there I said it. Rather them than Real Madrid or Chelsea.
I can't choose between them, all 3 are grotesque. I don't know if I'm just old and cynical now - I used to be able to enjoy these types of games, but I find them really unappealing now. The issues I have with these clubs supersede the sport on the pitch as a spectacle. I wish I didn't feel like that as I love football, but I can't seem to get over it. I'd rather watch Burnley v WBA.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:19 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Doesn't he hold the record for assists in the Champions League or something?
4th behind Ronaldo, Messi and the Welsh sex pest.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:05 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Chelsea v Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
20:00
BT Sport 2 / BT Sport Ultimate

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel