Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-12-2019, 04:38 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Not totally convinced that English football has a race problem per se.

Ultimately there were probably about 30k+ people in that stadium calling Rudiger a f***ing w@nker or worse. The fact that one or a couple of idiots then defaulted to expressing this via monkey chants or other race slurs isn't really the core issue that needs to be tackled. That's on those people and the sanctions already exist to deal with them.

The bigger issue is why its considered ok for 30k people to call Rudiger a f***ing w@nker in the first place.
This reminds me of the bit in Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch where he talks about how racism was improving. The Arsenal fans used to call John Barnes a "******* black ****", now they just call him a "******* ****"!
Old 23-12-2019, 05:06 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Doubts starting to surface about whether Rudiger was actually racially abused and that he misunderstood the chant of 'cheat cheat cheat' as monkey noises.

Spurs are yet to find definitive proof one way or the other
Old 23-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It happened at Millwall...section of the ground closed; it happens at Spurs in their wonderful new Premier League Stadium - it’s a bigger football and societal problem. There is no place for racism in football (or anywhere) but the authorities have to show consistency and decisiveness in their approach throughout the whole game. The FA was so quick to jump on it when England played in Bulgaria...it was patently obvious that the problem still exists in pockets of our own backyard. A blanket rollicking is not appropriate...close that section of Spurs ground and watch the ripples take effect!
Old 23-12-2019, 05:09 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Doubts starting to surface about whether Rudiger was actually racially abused and that he misunderstood the chant of 'cheat cheat cheat' as monkey noises.

He certainly was a cheat and should be retrospectively punished.
Old 23-12-2019, 06:25 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyturner View Post
It happened at Millwall...section of the ground closed; it happens at Spurs in their wonderful new Premier League Stadium - it’s a bigger football and societal problem. There is no place for racism in football (or anywhere) but the authorities have to show consistency and decisiveness in their approach throughout the whole game. The FA was so quick to jump on it when England played in Bulgaria...it was patently obvious that the problem still exists in pockets of our own backyard. A blanket rollicking is not appropriate...close that section of Spurs ground and watch the ripples take effect!
There needs to be proof though.
Old 23-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Is everyone avoiding the simple fact that Brexit and its enablers in the Tories and other right wing parties has encouraged the previously defeated and marginalised racists?
You are an idiot.
Old 23-12-2019, 06:33 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
You are an idiot.
Hate crime has gone up since Brexit became a word. Coincidence?

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 23-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
You are an idiot.
The racists are a lot more vocal since the Brexit vote. As has been stated before not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, but all racists voted for it.
They are louder and angrier than before when there views would have been shot down by the majority.
Old 23-12-2019, 07:58 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hate crime has gone up since Brexit became a word. Coincidence?
Facts don't matter anymore do they?
Old 23-12-2019, 09:28 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
The racists are a lot more vocal since the Brexit vote. As has been stated before not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, but all racists voted for it.

They are louder and angrier than before when there views would have been shot down by the majority.

Not just racist attacks. Homophobic & anti Semitic attacks on the rise too.
Old 23-12-2019, 09:30 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have no way to tell if it was one or the other. I will say that in view ofTo view the link you have to Register or Login, I doubt their version. (And yes Mourinho, Son shouldn't be punished 5 times - it should be 7 - increase the ban by 2 games.)

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 23-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I have no way to tell if it was one or the other. I will say that in view ofTo view the link you have to Register or Login, I doubt their version. (And yes Mourinho, Son shouldn't be punished 5 times - it should be 7 - increase the ban by 2 games.)
On the other hand the ban currently would be for Brighton, Norwich and Southampton...

Maybe let him off on this occasion

(not a hope in hell of being successful mind)
Old 24-12-2019, 07:39 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
A guy I used to play football with was at the Spurs V Chelsea game. He is a mixed race fella and he didn’t hear a thing. He did say they had a chant of “who let the Yids out”. This chant is a variation of “who let the dogs out”.
It goes....
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who.”
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who”.

He thinks the bit where they sing “who, who, who, who” was mistaken for monkey chants.

(Ya need to know the original song to understand)
Old 24-12-2019, 07:45 AM

I H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
A guy I used to play football with was at the Spurs V Chelsea game. He is a mixed race fella and he didn’t hear a thing. He did say they had a chant of “who let the Yids out”. This chant is a variation of “who let the dogs out”.
It goes....
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who.”
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who”.

He thinks the bit where they sing “who, who, who, who” was mistaken for monkey chants.

(Ya need to know the original song to understand)
Because that’s not racist at all is it? 😂
Old 24-12-2019, 07:53 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
It doesn't make it ok, but I would doubt that Rudiger would take offence to a song about Jewish people unless he did indeed mishear it.

But besides that, is Spurs and Yids a clear cut area? Are some/most of the people singing the word Yid of Jewish background? And if so, does that mean they are being racist? I don't know the answer to that.
Old 24-12-2019, 08:03 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Mourinho: Focus on Antonio Rudiger, not Heung-Min Son, after red card.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 24-12-2019, 08:07 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Apparently Spurs have been scrutinising the CCTV tapes and had lip readers in and everything, but still no evidence. Heard a few Spurs fans on various phone ins who stand around that area, and they swear they never saw or heard anything.

I do think it could easily point to a total misunderstanding on Rudiger’s part.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 24-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Apparently Spurs have been scrutinising the CCTV tapes and had lip readers in and everything, but still no evidence. Heard a few Spurs fans on various phone ins who stand around that area, and they swear they never saw or heard anything.

I do think it could easily point to a total misunderstanding on Rudiger’s part.
Ironically the only arrest so far was for a Chelsea fan towards Son.

Chelsea trying to take the moral high ground on racism was hilarious
Old 24-12-2019, 08:53 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Irreversible dirty mark against English football fans if this was fake

This will have made news abroad so we’ll all be tarred
Old 24-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post

Chelsea trying to take the moral high ground on racism was hilarious
I know.