Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-07-2020, 12:15 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
I think our next manager will be dougie, sadly. We will show as much invention in our choice of manager as we do signings.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:16 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Relegated?
You thought he could keep them up with 13 senior players, losing his 2 best players the second he walked through the door and joining on the back of a run of 6 points from the previous 17 games? That is some seriously high standards.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:17 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Relegated?
Wagner was taking Huddersfield down with a wimper but got out before it became official..

We should be going for a better manager then David Wagner. Need convincing.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AATOT
Old 13-07-2020, 12:22 PM

TennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
I dunno, Roy turned a relegation Fulham team into a top ten club but you can only do so much without new players. Given what he has, there's not exactly a lot of choice on how to play. If all you can sign is Ayew what hope is there for a new manager? I'm surprised he's stayed given he's been given nothing to work with but signings of the previous problem managers.
There's no doubting he's been a good manager over the span of his career. I would never ever deny that. But even if you go back to his days at Fulham, his squads have a shelf life. He tended to sign players in their prime, or coming towards the end of their prime. The only players I can really think of during his time at Fulham he really brought through that would be classified as young were Hangeland and possibly Smalling. It's not a knock on Roy, but he doesn't really have a track record of bringing through young players. Once the squad's he has done well with begin to age, they inevitably decline and relegation has ensued at most clubs he has been at after he leaves and the squad's get old. Therefore, I think the warning signs are there for us too. We need someone that will bring the squad age back down and be able to transition us away from being a 31 plus year old squad. And I'm not sure Roy is ever likely going to be the man to bring through more than one or two under 25 players, when we need many more.

Last edited by TennesseeKing; 13-07-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:58 PM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
I don't agree with this because all that happens is you get new manager bounce then the same frailties lack of ability etc come through again.

No our midfield and attack needs gutting. It's needed it for three seasons. I don't think we should get a new manager at the same time. It needs to be evolution. Get the match day 19 sorted out. So there is a solid platform in both defence, midfield and attack for the new manager to come into at the end of next season. With the players being out of contract in 2021 that gives a new manager ample opportunity to request what he feels is needed on top of that while allowing us to keep what we want and let what we don't want go. Thus we end up with a staged rebuild. Lets face it any decent manager that comes in will want to bin most of that shower of shit.

Roy himself took months to sign his new contract. I'm guessing transfers and the summer budget were key in even getting him to reup. A new manager is likely to want almost an entire team. Roy will probably accept four or five. Even though we actually need 7.

We need new and better quality players not a new manager.

Imagine you have lost

Batshuayi striker
RLC - CAM/winger
Cabaye - Playmaker + DM all in one
AWB - One of the best RBs in Europe

+

Sako - Backup striker/winger

without replacement

Any new manager is going to want those players or equivalent and honestly far more. There's no point in getting a new manager until the matchday 19 is fixed and stable. We are missing huge parts of a premier league squad due to SP, DB, JH and PA not being able to agree and complete transfer dealings. Those issues remain with a new manager.

They are the same problems we've had since 2014/15. That's four managers ago including Roy.
Can't disagree with any of that and it's my preferred option, however that only works if Roy is a long-term option.

There's next-to-no chance of Roy being here after next season ends, so why not give the choice of 5 (or however many) new players to the new manager.
Old 13-07-2020, 01:03 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
How about Alan Pardew?

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 13-07-2020, 02:36 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
How about Alan Pardew?
Great suggestion
Old 13-07-2020, 02:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
More and more I look at it the more I like Wagner. My only concern is schalkeís form.. 16 games without a win. A lot of draws in that but still not good. Donít know enough about Schalke this season to know if anything underlying there.

Just think he is a progressive manager, did excellent with a terrible Huddersfield side.

Dyche safe bet but I like Wagner as a slightly more risky appointment
Wagner is currently in a job at Schalke, although they might get rid of him as i am under the impression his season there has been underwhelming.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:10 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is here
Quote:
More and more I look at it the more I like Wagner. My only concern is schalkeís form.. 16 games without a win. A lot of draws in that but still not good. Donít know enough about Schalke this season to know if anything underlying there.

Just think he is a progressive manager, did excellent with a terrible Huddersfield side.

Wagner looked like a good choice after keeping Huddersfield up but Iím not sure if he is anymore.

Six draws and 10 defeats in those 16 winless games. Just one win in 20 league games and some heavy defeats to mid table sides and the top three in that run. Only the bottom two scored less goals than them over the season.

His Schalke team have been ďon the beachĒ since December, he hasnít been able to arrest the slide, they were dreadful to watch and they donít score many goals. Considering these are the main problems people have with Roy, is he the best choice?
Old 13-07-2020, 03:26 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Wagner looked like a good choice after keeping Huddersfield up but Iím not sure if he is anymore.

Six draws and 10 defeats in those 16 winless games. Just one win in 20 league games and some heavy defeats to mid table sides and the top three in that run. Only the bottom two scored less goals than them over the season.

His Schalke team have been ďon the beachĒ since December, he hasnít been able to arrest the slide, they were dreadful to watch and they donít score many goals. Considering these are the main problems people have with Roy, is he the best choice?
Yeah thatís my doubt about him.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:29 PM

TC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
He would be my choice also,as well as he's backroom staff.
Bring Watkins and Benrahmo with him
Old 13-07-2020, 03:29 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Wouldn't go near Wagner. Huddersfield's football was atrocious.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:34 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Everyone was singing Wagner's praises at one point but that was a flash in the pan and all his team did was hoof and clog and foul and cheat. And someone above pointed out how he's enjoying life in Gelsenkirchen.

He is absolutely toilet.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:37 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_R_GREAT View Post
Can't disagree with any of that and it's my preferred option, however that only works if Roy is a long-term option.

There's next-to-no chance of Roy being here after next season ends, so why not give the choice of 5 (or however many) new players to the new manager.
We have a squad of 21 senior players. If we sign the 7 players we need and get rid of at least one MF combined with NFs age (if he joins) then we will have a complete squad.

At the end of 2021 we have loads of players out of contract. IF we ensure we have the match day squad of 19 players all signed up. That still leaves six positions for the new manager in summer 2021 to play with. It also avoids new players new manager, bedding into the league etc. We should not be changing so many players and the manager at the same time. It's a recipe for disaster. It's too much change all at once.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:41 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Safe with four games to go - unbeaten in Manchester for two years etc - hardly a failure. Roy has worked miracles this season with a threadbare, ageing squad.

Roy will decide whether he is ready to retire - next season could be very challenging with CV19 benefiting the larger squads. I would be very wary about handing over this squad to a manager that wants to spend big - the money no object days are over and if Roy retires, Parish is going to need to be at his best to steer the club through next season.

Big decisions ahead.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:48 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:

Wagner's stock was high at the point he had kept Huddersfield up the year after promotion. But they were awful, hopeless in the 2nd season. Now that would be easily forgotten about if he had a half decent spell at Schalke but they have been pretty cack since he went there so no thanks
Old 13-07-2020, 03:55 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Getafes manager please
Old 13-07-2020, 04:04 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Getafes manager please
Is that Bordelas?
Old 13-07-2020, 04:08 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
Is that Bordelas?
Yep that's the one, think he'd be a decent option.