Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:49 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Pardew is out of work

With good reason.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
Just back Roy. Hes a good manager. Any new manager will have the same problems with a small ageing squad.

Today was really poor no doubt, but not worthy of getting rid of your manager.
He chose to spend money and wages on 2 DMs in the summer. He declined more creative ones
Old 12-07-2020, 04:52 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
It's all part of Roy's masterplan so that teams vastly underestimate us in the 1st half of next season and we accrue the necessary 42pts after 20 games to be safe again before easing down to a 15th place finish.....and repeat ad nauseam.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:53 PM

Bangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He chose to spend money and wages on 2 DMs in the summer. He declined more creative ones
How do you know this?
Old 12-07-2020, 04:56 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangell View Post
How do you know this?
Because I do.

Roy has done a good job after FdB.. but he is one dimensional and I wouldn’t trust him with a transfer budget especially with him being here for only a max 1 season. Get the new person in and let them rebuild.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:58 PM

Paperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our transfer budget will be almost non-existent due to our debt level.
We also have too many players on inflated salaries that they won't want to give up.
We're stuck with Sakho, Meyer, Benteke and Zaha because no one will improve their current income.
Wilf's value is also far less than it was 12 months ago.
We also need to finance the ground development.

The likes of Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe won't want to come to us with such a constrained financial situation.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
Our transfer budget will be almost non-existent due to our debt level.
We also have too many players on inflated salaries that they won't want to give up.
We're stuck with Sakho, Meyer, Benteke and Zaha because no one will improve their current income.
Wilf's value is also far less than it was 12 months ago.
We also need to finance the ground development.

The likes of Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe won't want to come to us with such a constrained financial situation.
Our debt level is fine.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:04 PM

Paperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaperboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Our debt level is fine.
Do you think there will be much of a transfer budget available?
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because I do.

Roy has done a good job after FdB.. but he is one dimensional and I wouldnt trust him with a transfer budget especially with him being here for only a max 1 season. Get the new person in and let them rebuild.
I suspect there is a transfer budget, just not for Roy. The squad needs an overhaul and you need someone who could be here for a longer term to do it. No point giving it to Roy to reshape the squad, only for him to leave in a year and the new manager come in and want to move people on and shape the squad how he wants.

I wonder if hell see out the season, with an agreement that hell retire once its done and well start the process of replacing him now?
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
Do you think there will be much of a transfer budget available?
Yes
Old 12-07-2020, 05:05 PM
desperate

eagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Last edited by eagleDAN; 14-09-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I suspect there is a transfer budget, just not for Roy. The squad needs an overhaul and you need someone who could be here for a longer term to do it. No point giving it to Roy to reshape the squad, only for him to leave in a year and the new manager come in and want to move people on and shape the squad how he wants.

I wonder if hell see out the season, with an agreement that hell retire once its done and well start the process of replacing him now?
Yep.

I think if that is the case he should maybe announce now that hes stepping down. Give the fans a little bit of a lift and buzz about new fresh start
Old 12-07-2020, 05:06 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gerrard.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
Gerrard.
No thanks. If he wasnt the player he was we wouldnt even think consider it
Old 12-07-2020, 05:08 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post

That makes no sense. You want Roy to start the transition because he's brought stability and has changed the way we play to the club with no investment. If you put 'better' ability players into that system then the football improves. We've seen that with RLC, Cabaye and Bats. So no getting rid of Roy is not the fix. Replacing most of the attack and large chunks of the midfield however is.
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Yes
I can't see much budget being available from income because we have so many overpaid players we can't shift. Who knows whether any extra investment can be raised from existing or new sources

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Spot on. Also turned down big money moves for a right back in Italy & a certain Russian striker. Thats before you mention Carrasco in January.

Im sorry a 73 year old manager should not have this much influence on our transfer strategy. Whether he goes this summer or next, Roy should work with players hes given. James McCarthy is a decent squad player for example but he pushed so hard for him. Why? What does he offer which the other midfielders dont?
Old 12-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep.

I think if that is the case he should maybe announce now that hes stepping down. Give the fans a little bit of a lift and buzz about new fresh start
Im not too fussed on when its announced tbh. But at least wed know the position if they go down that route. As long as it happens, that would be the main thing.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:11 PM

We have 13 players out of contract next summer. This is a major rebuild. Give a new manager who wants to work with the current recruitment team and try and get this right. I think 4 players under 25 this summer are needed and the same next summer. Need to flog the likes of Wickham, Sakho, Meyer.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:11 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
That makes no sense. You want Roy to start the transition because he's brought stability and has changed the way we play to the club with no investment. If you put 'better' ability players into that system then the football improves. We've seen that with RLC, Cabaye and Bats. So no getting rid of Roy is not the fix. Replacing most of the attack and large chunks of the midfield however is.
You what?