Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:10 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
If we could score on average 1 and half goals a game we would be a comfortable top 10 team.
Not if we defend like we did today.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:15 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
We need at least a RB. The CBs are all older than you’d like, so something needs to happen there. Not sure we have sufficient LB cover either.

No-one is buying CB or CW. At least not for a fee IMO. CW could still do a job as well I reckon. I also think Schlupp is a big loss at the moment, and would definitely be keeping him.

I reckon you could get some money for Luka, and maybe CK, but the Jimmy’s won’t move on.

To rebuild the squad, I think Zaha would need to be moved on. Possibly not a bad thing as I think part of Roy’s negative approach is having a get out of jail card with Wilf. Which just isn’t a sustainable approach.

With so many players out of contract at the end of 20/21, I don’t think you can revamp the squad and bring in a new management team at the same time. One has to happen before the other, and it doesn’t make sense to change the management after letting that management change the squad.
The manager just does not do that in modern football. We need to be more like Southampton and less like Everton and West Ham. Also a squad rebuild with a manager who is either inexperienced or needing time to understand the league and country is a no no.

I'd argue a prebuilt squad next year with a strong match day squad. Ie the 6/7 we need now plus the ones we want to keep bedded in by Roy. Then having scope for the new manager to pick what he wants from the lists and analysis done by Dougie and his scouts in the other 8 players outside of that would be about right.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:19 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
With ST renewals coming up.. something needs to give the fans positivity otherwise can see a fair few not renewing. Hard times for a lot of people at moment and to pay good money to watch that turgid shit, people won’t bother
There will be plenty to take the seats IF we can even go to the stadium at the start of next season. Part of the reason for enlarging the stadium is we can't fulfil the ST demand.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:25 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Some criticism of Dougie on here. Assuming he’s played a part in the players coming in since he been here I think he’s done a great job.

Guaita, Meyer, Cahill, Batshuiyi, Kouyate (a number of people we’re raving about him earlier this season), McCarthy, Ayew, Sorloth. Re signing Zaha and Dann. Possibly Ferguson from West Brom for a trivial fee. Lots of good players for a transfer fee of about £16 million. Most other clubs such as Bournemouth waste 16 million on a single Poor player - which is when they find themselves in trouble.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:27 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chris Hughton fits
Old 12-07-2020, 06:27 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Literally anyone right now
Old 12-07-2020, 06:31 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
We don't need defensive players we have those.

We need two 9s, an inside forward/winger. A box to box midfielder who can actually pass, an attacking midfielder who can carry the ball up the pitch and chip in with goals. Then a RB.

If we sell CB, JS, CW and one of Luka, Jimmy 1 or 2 and Cheick then we have the opportunity to bring in two number 10 types and another creative AM/LW/RW.

That would actually give us a complete and balanced squad.

The new manager in Jan 2021 or summer 2021 will be working with a settled team that can be evolved.
I generally agree with this. I think it would be wrong to move on Roy before investing in the squad. I don't think anyone could have got more out of this squad than Roy has done this season, so it's more sensible overhauling the midfield and attack than getting rid of Roy.

I would keep Schlupp (we have missed his pace) and McArthur (he has generally been very good until the recent flurry of games).

I wonder if there is a case for moving PVA to a more attacking position and recruiting an experienced LB (I fear Mitchell is not ready yet). At the moment unless PVA creates then no one else does.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:32 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
Chris Hughton fits
Roy's style of play.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:32 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He has input.. he gets offered players we have looked at and says yes or no
But he doesn't do the transfer dealing, I doubt he says yes or no, otherwise why did we end up with Camarassa and Meyer? and not Jarrad Bowen and Nathan Ferguson.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:33 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Chris Hughton fits
The merry go round continues

May aswell go for Allardyce he’d be a safer pair of hands
Old 12-07-2020, 06:34 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Some criticism of Dougie on here. Assuming he’s played a part in the players coming in since he been here I think he’s done a great job.

Guaita, Meyer, Cahill, Batshuiyi, Kouyate (a number of people we’re raving about him earlier this season), McCarthy, Ayew, Sorloth. Re signing Zaha and Dann. Possibly Ferguson from West Brom for a trivial fee. Lots of good players for a transfer fee of about £16 million. Most other clubs such as Bournemouth waste 16 million on a single Poor player - which is when they find themselves in trouble.
Right back. Meyer for £100,000 a week. Jach. No real winger. Are you one of his starving kids?
Old 12-07-2020, 06:37 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
Rather Don Howe that that smug piece of shit. Gravel voice only choice
Possibly a daft question, but what was wrong with Don "The Hat" Howe? I am aware that he is dead, so may be slightly less useful than Doug "Dougie" Freedman currently is.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:39 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Its not as though Roy has 10 more years left as a manager - its probably one more season.

So question is do we change now, in the summer or next summer. Not if, but when.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:39 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
The merry go round continues

May aswell go for Allardyce he’d be a safer pair of hands
No, Hughton is London born and bred, understands South London DNA, proven in the prem, plays decent football that's good to watch, operates on a shoestring, would wind our flying vermin rivals up no end.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:40 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
But he doesn't do the transfer dealing, I doubt he says yes or no, otherwise why did we end up with Camarassa and Meyer? and not Jarrad Bowen and Nathan Ferguson.
Out if for Bowen, Ferguson failed medical. Meyer was SP signing
Old 12-07-2020, 06:41 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will Dyche come here when he is progressing Burnley every season?

I do believe they'll be money to spend when a new manager comes in. And I hope he thinks we have enough defensive midfielders to last us a season or two!
Old 12-07-2020, 06:45 PM

Jon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
Right back. Meyer for £100,000 a week. Jach. No real winger. Are you one of his starving kids?
Don't forget that odd signing of Rakip.

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Out if for Bowen, Ferguson failed medical. Meyer was SP signing
Exactly, Roy isn't responsible for transfers.

Jon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
Will Dyche come here when he is progressing Burnley every season?

I do believe they'll be money to spend when a new manager comes in. And I hope he thinks we have enough defensive midfielders to last us a season or two!
Rumour is that he wants out as he isn't happy with the owners.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:53 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, Hughton is London born and bred, understands South London DNA, proven in the prem, plays decent football that's good to watch, operates on a shoestring, would wind our flying vermin rivals up no end.
And don't forget that his brother induced the Gerry Ryan dive which ended the latter's career.