Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:14 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I can think of several valid reasons for him not playing much so far. E.g. if Palace fancy Abraham who it only now looks likely to leave Chelsea we might want to keep our options open for the Summer.
Chelsea want something like 40M.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:16 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Let's buy Brentford's recruitment team and hand them the leftover money.
If they get promoted and can continue to find good players after moving up a division, we are in big trouble. It's embarassing, our failings in the transfer market. Beyond the joke now and I have no confidence at all for this summer.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:53 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Not this summer. 'circa' unknown what the market will be, feels like it will be deflated to me. You are talking 2019 money.
I could be wrong but would be very surprised if a player of his quality, age, experience, being an international etc, wouldn't command a fee of £40m.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
i expect Brentford to sell Toney and then buy Peterborough's Clark-Harris to replace him
Old 05-05-2021, 06:57 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I could be wrong but would be very surprised if a player of his quality, age, experience, being an international etc, wouldn't command a fee of £40m.
Time will tell, Im just thinking the market will be as high as it was.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:59 AM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
How about we play him for a run of games in full and then have an opinion on him ?
The big problem is that in the Premier league you cannot have players who are passengers and/or who lose the ball too much or you lose. Andros for example is a liability and often Ayew is as well. JP needs nurturing and preseason with no points at risk will be his big chance. Remember each place we end up higher in the league is worth millions - can let Dougie spend it on more Jachs.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:02 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
SPOT ON !!!!!!
Old 06-05-2021, 09:56 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
It would be interesting to see if their strategy works in the PL. Up to now they have been shopping in a different market and buying good, young potential has worked handsomely for them. Would it in the PL? It will be interesting to find out if they do go up.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:09 AM

I H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It would be interesting to see if their strategy works in the PL. Up to now they have been shopping in a different market and buying good, young potential has worked handsomely for them. Would it in the PL? It will be interesting to find out if they do go up.
Benrahma, Watkins and Maupay have all done pretty well so far
Old 06-05-2021, 10:35 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Brentford have a very different system, they do not have an academy anymore and use a B team setup playing friendlies throughout the year to develop young players who then might make it up to the first team.

Ivan Toney is a success and will pay for the system on his own, but he is one of 5 players brought into the 1st team last summer and they brought a further 13 into the B team setup.

Toney is a huge success, Janelt is a regular but the other 3 they have signed don't at present look like they will cut it. No-one has moved from the B team to the first team in the past couple of seasons and made it since Sorenson's and Forss.

Conversely Mitchell would only be sold for 10s of millions and he came to us when Brentford closed their academy. Wilf came through our youth system as did AWB who's sale let us completely revamp our Academy where we have a very talented crop of players coming through.

Easy to just see a few successes at Brentford and want to change but I wouldn't swap the system we have for the one they do and if they were to get promoted think they would almost certainly go straight back down.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:54 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8 CWEED View Post
I agree but they needed some time to develop in the Championship before they stepped up to the PL.

It's a different situation.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:21 PM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have just assumed we're easing him in... I expect to see far more of him next year. Certainly haven't written him off by by long stretch. Would expect him to fill the vacancy probably left by Benteke this summer.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:27 PM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
I read online somewhere today we are thinking of sending him back at the end of the season. Seems strange (if true) as I thought it was a long loan with an option to buy once he completes 15+ games.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:27 PM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
I wonder if they got him confused with Michi.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:31 PM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thman View Post
I read online somewhere today we are thinking of sending him back at the end of the season. Seems strange (if true) as I thought it was a long loan with an option to buy once he completes 15+ games.
Made our mind up he's useless maybe
Old 12-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Made our mind up he's useless maybe
He didn't look completely useless at Brighton.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:14 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wouldn’t suggest that is right but neither would I be totally surprised either. Hopefully it works out for him wherever he ends up. Whatever the decision the club will have had a decent look at him by now and they have avoided the clause for ‘games played’ kicking in this season. They can have a pre-season with him if they want now before flicking the switch either way.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:17 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think the papers think we have him on a short term loan ending at the end of the season.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:19 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8 CWEED View Post
Benhrama I'm not sure about, Watkins looks good. Maupay though is utter turd
Old 12-05-2021, 09:28 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Benhrama I'm not sure about, Watkins looks good. Maupay though is utter turd
Would agree with that. Benrahma looks more likely to be an impact sub because he doesn’t naturally do the other half of the game by the looks of it. Not a shock but Moyes won’t have been shy about it with him and it’s not getting through yet. His creative side in the PL has been more fluff than substance. Watkins has built again on what he had done in the Championship and his style fits perfectly. He was always considered short of pace when playing as a wide forward but he compensates for this with intelligence, moving early and timing his runs together with a prodigious work rate. He got off to a good start and that always helps. They paid over the odds for him but probably won’t be too disappointed and it won’t be long that they are in profit on the deal if he continues to grow. Maupay at Championship was always the hard working goalscorer that looked as if he would step up but it hasn’t gone well for him.