Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-05-2021, 05:45 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Not a fan of baked beans. Spaghetti hoops are better
Old 02-05-2021, 05:51 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Ravioli or a Fray Bentos pie.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:35 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
Waaaaiiiiiiiit a minute. Are you saying toast, then cheese, then beans?

Surely itís toast, then beans, cheese grated all over?
Yep, the cheese needs to melt properly.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:40 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Ravioli or a Fray Bentos pie.
Definitely a Brit living in Spain!
Fray Bentos don't seem to be as good as they used to be, much less meat ... if it ever was meat as we know it.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:43 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Since I posted the above I've been doing some Googling and I suspect it was Fray Bentos, but not 100% convinced.

The shell used to be pretty smooth if I recall, not flaky looking like the Fray Bentos photos I saw. Maybe it was suet, if not I don't have a clue... and the can didn't have a cone shape either, just straight like a can of beans.
I used to have the same, eventually they graduated to a microwaveable version, I used to eat them when I worked shifts (years ago). I'm a sucker for suet puddings.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:03 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Corned beef.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Pineapple slices for me!
Agreed, pineapples are vile acidic hand grenades, soaking them in syrup in a can for a few weeks definitely helps.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Marrowfat peas.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:14 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
My worry with the Fray Bentos pie is that while at least some of the filling used to be a cow, we have no idea when the poor thing died. Doesn't stop me eating one on occasion.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:44 AM

PeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePeatlingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What happened to the Nescafe in a tin that heated up when you opened it?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:44 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
My worry with the Fray Bentos pie is that while at least some of the filling used to be a cow, we have no idea when the poor thing died. Doesn't stop me eating one on occasion.
I dread to think which parts of the cow went into it.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Nope.

It is like calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover to some degree.

Can is the noun.

I suspect tin has been converted into the noun meaning the same as can, but it probably originally described the material.
Can is also used as a verb though. I doubt that tins/cans/tin cans were ever made entirely of tin as it is well soft, but they "can" be made of alumin(i)um. Toucans are made of Guinness.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Just got to be Spam. Followed by Mackerel in Chilli sauce.

Baked beans need lashings of Worcestershire sauce. I used to be a baked bean snob - nothing but Heinz. These days, most other brands/own labels are just as good, if not better, particularly those with sausages in.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:34 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Tuna
Old 02-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Yeh wait, beer surely.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Cruddy Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Just got to be Spam. Followed by Mackerel in Chilli sauce.

Baked beans need lashings of Worcestershire sauce. I used to be a baked bean snob - nothing but Heinz. These days, most other brands/own labels are just as good, if not better, particularly those with sausages in.
Freak, I'm fine with off brand but shaped eyelids?
Old 02-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Freak, I'm fine with off brand but shaped eyelids?

Ah, just dawned on me. The sausages? Sorry, I am a bit slow on the uptake...

Last edited by davech; 02-05-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:07 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Tinned whole tomatos, grilled. No idea why I prefer them to fresh grilled tomatoes but there's something better about the flavour.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Tinned whole tomatos, grilled. No idea why I prefer them to fresh grilled tomatoes but there's something better about the flavour.
They used to serve those up for breakfast in my Halls of Residence, many, many moons ago . Good stuff. Been marinating in juice for ages, although I haven't studied the labels for additives. A lot of chefs rave about tinned tomatoes. Personally, I don't go a bundle on all those with added herbs, etc.

Last edited by davech; 02-05-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Been marinating in juice for ages, although I haven't studied the labels for additives. A lot of chefs rave about tinned tomatoes. Personally, I don't go a bundle on all those with added herbs, etc.
Tomatoes grown for flavor rather than how good they look possibly?