Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-05-2021, 01:23 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I've always loved cold baked beans. When i open a tin it takes a lot of willpower to not scoff the whole lot before heating them up.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-05-2021, 01:36 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Just got to be Spam. Followed by Mackerel in Chilli sauce.

Baked beans need lashings of Worcestershire sauce. I used to be a baked bean snob - nothing but Heinz. These days, most other brands/own labels are just as good, if not better, particularly those with sausages in.
I had the misfortune of my wife buying beans with reduced sugar. It spoilt all the fun of eating them as they tasted so bland.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I had the misfortune of my wife buying beans with reduced sugar. It spoilt all the fun of eating them as they tasted so bland.
Very true. Being diabetic, I should have the reduced sugar ones, but they are gross - I compensate elsewhere.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:29 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Mushy peas.
Special mention for Elsinore Bouillabaisse soup

Last edited by jaspercpfc; 02-05-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:54 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Have to agree with most the responses, has to be baked beans and only been recent years I found we can get decent ones over here. Still have to have baked beans with cheese on toast as well every now and then - proper student food.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Beer is the only correct answer.

For the worst thing from a tin, I once bought a can of cheese for 50p from a street market. It was unsurprisingly disgusting but never went off. Think it might have been produced for the nuclear holocaust.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:30 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post

For the worst thing from a tin, I once bought a can of cheese for 50p from a street market. It was unsurprisingly disgusting but never went off. Think it might have been produced for the nuclear holocaust.
That was made from tramps helmet cheese. I remember seeing an article about it being a limited edition.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:39 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Has to be.

This thread is obviously ' The 2nd best thing from a tin?'

Tuna.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Poncey answer but the truth: Duck confit.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Beer
Beans
Tuna
Heinz Tomato Soup
Old 02-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Orange or grapefruit juice. Long ago, long long ago, there used to be huge tins. It was a time when orange/grapefruit juice was a luxury.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:07 PM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Has to be.

This thread is obviously ' The 2nd best thing from a tin?'

Tuna.
I bought a tin of Tuna when I lived in germany back in the 80's . I didnt speak or read much german back then and on inspecting the tin saw the word tuna so went for it .

When I opened it is some horrid dish wash like soup full of onions and sweetcorn with a whiff of stale fishwives knickers . Im telling you it put me off tined fish for years .
Old 02-05-2021, 07:31 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Can is also used as a verb though. I doubt that tins/cans/tin cans were ever made entirely of tin as it is well soft, but they "can" be made of alumin(i)um. Toucans are made of Guinness.
LOL.

I had a toucan on my arm once...it must have been pissed.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:34 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Just got to be Spam. Followed by Mackerel in Chilli sauce.

Baked beans need lashings of Worcestershire sauce. I used to be a baked bean snob - nothing but Heinz. These days, most other brands/own labels are just as good, if not better, particularly those with sausages in.
Don't fall for that if you every buy in the USA. The sugar content makes their baked beans disgusting.

A stat I heard was that 95% of all baked beans of the Heinz type brands (and flavour) are sold in the geographical British Isles (inc. Ireland). I suspect near enough the other 5% are Ex Pats and pubs and cafes on the Costa.

CT and I are getting our order in right now. Our contact seems to have about 100 slabs of 24 cans each coming in. I would check for damage caused to the environment of Santiago due to noxious gases in about a month's time.

Last edited by PeterH; 02-05-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:38 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
New tennis balls...

A bit chewy, but great for playing tennis when fresh out the can/tin.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
with a whiff of stale fishwives knickers
How did you manage to make that comparison - what was your reference point?

I do like the term fishwife. Being a long thin country with a huge pacific coastline, we have a lot of fishwives here...and they are just what that the word brins to mind. Probably most married or separated from Andy Capp type characters - knowing Chile. Hard, honest, loud, funny, warm, scary people.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
New tennis balls...

A bit chewy, but great for playing tennis when fresh out the can/tin.
And one of my dog's favourite toys. My errant stepson worked at a tennis club for six months, we still have a supply. The big dog eats them or at least destroys them, we usually manage to throw the things away before much of it gets into the digestion system.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:57 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
No one has mentioned Chocolates....
Old 02-05-2021, 08:35 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Have to agree with most the responses, has to be baked beans and only been recent years I found we can get decent ones over here. Still have to have baked beans with cheese on toast as well every now and then - proper student food.
The ones in Netto are fine. I’ve been eating them for years. I wonder why they stock them - what Dane would eat baked beans?
Old 02-05-2021, 08:51 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Chopped tomatoes.