Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-05-2021, 04:31 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Watneys party seven .
Yes the good old Grotneys party seven. Could be used to get pissed up and when empty used to get pissed in. Usually disposed of out of the coach ceiling window onto the motorways of England.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:39 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Has to be.

This thread is obviously ' The 2nd best thing from a tin?'

Tuna.
Tinned mackerel is very nice on toast with vinegar, salt & pepper. It has to be canned in olive/sunflower oil though. Tinned sardines (not in tomato sauce) to a lesser extent
Old 03-05-2021, 04:48 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Yes the good old Grotneys party seven. Could be used to get pissed up and when empty used to get pissed in. Usually disposed of out of the coach ceiling window onto the motorways of England.
It certainly evokes a lot of different memories for a lot of people , personally I think of house parties at mum and dads with people coming in with a tin tucked under their arm , depositing it somewhere in the kitchen and then drinking something else .
Old 03-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My local Mediterranean deli shop does very nice stuffed peppers and vine leaves that come in tins.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:08 PM

Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Curry from Aldi!
Old 03-05-2021, 05:15 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
Curry from Aldi!
Really?!
Old 03-05-2021, 05:46 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Maybe not the best, but I've found tinned black cherries are surprisingly good. I used to heat them with a double chocolate muffin, and serve it with a MASSIVE dollop of Chantilly cream.

Baked beans are the best, obviously.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:26 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
As a teenager looking forward to a post school snack Toast Toppers would have been number one, now it's baked beans
Old 03-05-2021, 09:28 PM

cupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beans for me, as they can be enjoyed with breakfast lunch and dinner, though I tend to switch it up a bit so I don't have them twice in a day, so for example on a Sunday I'll skip the beans for breakfast and just have a bacon sarnie or cereal so I don't ruin them with my roast dinner.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:39 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
It certainly evokes a lot of different memories for a lot of people , personally I think of house parties at mum and dads with people coming in with a tin tucked under their arm , depositing it somewhere in the kitchen and then drinking something else .
Thats how I remember watneys party sevens. If Big Bad John got pissed on them he must have had a low alcohol tolerance.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Craft Beer from around the world and locaL, Fray Bentos Pies and those tiny little brisling sardines from Spain or Portugal.

I do like canned baked beans as well, however if I never ate them again I wouldn't be that miffed. Prefer the homemade baked beans which are plentiful in cafes here.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:03 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Thats how I remember watneys party sevens. If Big Bad John got pissed on them he must have had a low alcohol tolerance.
At 14 it didn't take much to get you there. Unfortunately, down the years I did build up a commendable tolerance which costs a hell of a lot more (to get you there) than the one pound Party Seven.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:02 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Started on Whitbread light ale and Double Diamond myself.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:40 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
A warning to all you baked bean lovers if ever you’re in the States. When we were there bought a tin (not Heinz), and on opening it nearly puked; was laced with fatty bits of meat and looked like something you’d give to your dog. Realised to get anything approaching our beans, you have to get ‘Vegetarian beans.’ Soon located a shop that imported English products and paid through the nose for Heinz mind.

On the subject...even though Heinz are the best, I can be partial to some supermarket’s own inferior brand of baked beans. Taste different but sometimes I crave their cheap taste more than Heinz.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-05-2021, 07:01 AM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Controversial as it may be, I find Branston Baked Beans to be far superior to Heinz...
Old 04-05-2021, 09:42 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ8 View Post
Controversial as it may be, I find Branston Baked Beans to be far superior to Heinz...
I don’t think that’s a particularly controversial opinion.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:31 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ8 View Post
That's not controversial. Heinz beans are complete shite, I'd rather have one of the supermarket's own brand over them.

Going off piste, the Deathchant Records album came in a metal presentation tin. That was particularly amazing
Old 04-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For some obscure reason, whenever I think of Watneys party sevens I also immediately associate Arsenal's Charlie George.. I think it's because we all brought one to a FA Cup final at a mates gaff in the early 70s..so Tins can bring back obscure Memories. Good player to watch was Charley George bit like Stan Bowles and Lou Macari.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Suma Baked Beans taste way better than any other I've tasted ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

You can get them from some Co-ops, around £1 a tin, and worth every bit I think.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
As a teenager looking forward to a post school snack Toast Toppers would have been number one, now it's baked beans
Toast Toppers were damned fine.
The napalm of convenience foods.