Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-05-2021, 08:49 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Ice, Almond milk(unsweetened), Salted Caramel Protein powder and Americano coffee grains in a blender. 170 calories all in.
Thatís a lot of highly processed stuff in that concoction.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Thatís a lot of highly processed stuff in that concoction.

I love it mate. Gives me energy for the gym, helps me stay in peak condition.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
2 cups of coffee 3 times a week (can't stand instant coffee so unless we get the cafetiere out I don't drink it at home) and no more than 2 teas a day and none after 2pm, unless I want to get up for a piss 3 times in the night.
why is that? Are you (is one) more likely to need a piss during the night after drinking tea & coffee rather than anything else?
Old 04-05-2021, 08:58 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Caffeine is a mild diuretic
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:02 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I drink a large mug of green tea brewed at 80 degrees first thing, and then use the same leaves and brew at 100 degrees in a second large mug.
Why? And do you have to add ice to cool down the first cup?
Old 04-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Mutant Algorithm

I have about 4 green teas a day and I guess about 1 coffee a week if I'm feeling really tired or walking the dog and just fancy one. I feel better for giving up regular tea and coffee intake and sleep better.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
why is that? Are you (is one) more likely to need a piss during the night after drinking tea & coffee rather than anything else?
It never used to be a problem for me, but about 6 years ago I spent a week at my sister's and they drink tea like mad, by the 4th day I was peeing every 30 minutes and, when I went for a beer it got even worse...so bad my mates though I had a massive coke habit due to my constant trips to the loo.

Since, then any more than 2 teas a day and I am up and down almost every hour through the night

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:28 AM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Blimey there are some big tea + coffee drinkers here!

I try and limit myself to 2 coffees a day (the I get up + afternoon) and 2 teas (mid-morning + afternoon). Mainly because I didn't think too much of either was any good for you!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:54 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Decaf tea is rotten stuff, it's so weak, all I can taste is the milk.
Try Birchall decaf tea it's great. You won't look back.

You can buy it direct on their website or amazon.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Why? And do you have to add ice to cool down the first cup?
No, I have a kettle you can set to any temperature from 60 to 100 in ten degree intervals.
I picked it up when we were in China for ten weeks, they say it releases different flavours.... in fact it does, but they go way further than I do - the first cup goes even lower temp and a very short while..... I think they get three uses from the leaves.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:22 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Why Re-Steep Tea?
Many fine loose leaf teas are meant to be re-steeped. The flavors and aromas change and develop between steeps, creating an experience you’ll miss out on if you throw out your leaves as soon as you drink your first cup.

This is the reason why loose leaf teas are often slightly more expensive. They will last longer, and give more and better flavors than tea bags.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:29 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Jack Russell used to do something similar but with teabags.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Jack Russell used to do something similar but with teabags.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:37 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post

Why Re-Steep Tea?
Many fine loose leaf teas are meant to be re-steeped. The flavors and aromas change and develop between steeps, creating an experience youíll miss out on if you throw out your leaves as soon as you drink your first cup.

This is the reason why loose leaf teas are often slightly more expensive. They will last longer, and give more and better flavors than tea bags.
interesting, thanks. I visited a tea plantation once and did the tour and all I remember was the benefit of letting the boiled kettle cool a little before making the tea and obviously use a pot.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
There is a lot of information out there if you Google, about caffeine addiction and the associated withdrawal symptoms, from reputable sources like the BMJ etc. etc.

I remember reading many years ago (in a Sunday supplement I think) about "weekend headaches" or "holiday headaches". These are often caused when people who consume a lot of tea and coffee during their normal working week, suffer withdrawal symptoms at weekends (mainly in the form of mild or severe headaches) and during holidays when their caffeine intake reduces.

Of course the vast majority who are affected by this are completely unaware of the root cause.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:49 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I have 3 coffees a day and before 12. Any more than that or after that cut off time and i'll either get the shits or become a bit jittery and weird
Old 04-05-2021, 10:49 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I was expecting a teabagging "joke" from someone like weltklasse or that northern halfwit, not you. So disappointing.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I was expecting a teabagging "joke" from someone like weltklasse or that northern halfwit, not you. So disappointing.

Are you dissing my intended audience?
Old 04-05-2021, 12:14 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
There is a lot of information out there if you Google, about caffeine addiction and the associated withdrawal symptoms, from reputable sources like the BMJ etc. etc.

I remember reading many years ago (in a Sunday supplement I think) about "weekend headaches" or "holiday headaches". These are often caused when people who consume a lot of tea and coffee during their normal working week, suffer withdrawal symptoms at weekends (mainly in the form of mild or severe headaches) and during holidays when their caffeine intake reduces.

Of course the vast majority who are affected by this are completely unaware of the root cause.
I gave up caffeine around two years ago. I had three days of headaches and then felt fine.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:56 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've lost tolerance for caffeine thanks to the events of the last year.

I used to make a strong coffee with my Aeropress at the beginning of the working day at the office. I carried this on at home for a bit, then fell off for some reason. When I went back to it a couple of weeks later I found I couldn't get to sleep that night.

As it is I had already cut out caffeinated tea and coffee in the afternoon/evening (most of the time) as I found it helped me sleep better.

So I'm pretty much back to 1 or 2 cups of tea in the morning and then I'll only drink decaf stuff from then on.