Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
My wife cries when she's doing the dishes during the time of the month.

Always tempted to ramp it up by asking her to make me a sandwich to save a fortune on water bills but don't have that cruel streak.

A biscuit does the trick just as well.
Old 14-12-2015, 12:02 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi's_beard View Post

Third from the right, celebrity fan Susanna Reid?
Old 14-12-2015, 12:09 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
What the BBS would have looked like if it had existed in the 1950s.
Rubbish threads like this reminds me of this...

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 14-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Wife goes to work and spends as she wants on what she wants her dosh and life,dont give a monkeys unless we could not afford it but she deals with that very well .

She has plenty of shoes handbags and we just got a dog for a fair bit of change.

Now I get electronics all the cable tv I can get hold off and if I go out when I want with mates to the pub and if I would be in England football (season ticket and some away) bearing in mind I watch tons on Telly....Which I am never bugged about.

Keep them happy with what they like which keeps you happy with what you like.
Old 14-12-2015, 12:19 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post

Yeah and if you went on mumsnet you wouldn't find any threads questioning any male habits or characteristics would you?
Old 14-12-2015, 12:22 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Yeah and if you went on mumsnet you wouldn't find any threads questioning any male habits or characteristics would you?
Probably. But i'm sure they wont be as stereotypical, cliche and stuck in the 50's as this thread.

Also, are you suggesting that this forum is dedicated to men? This place is pretty much a sausage party, true. But daft threads like this are hardly going to welcome to any female fans we have. You see loads of women supporting Palace on Twitter, FB, IG etc but hardly any on here. I wonder why...

Old 14-12-2015, 12:26 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Probably. But i'm sure they wont be as stereotypical, cliche and stuck in the 50's as this thread.

Also, are you suggesting that this forum is dedicated to men? This place is pretty much a sausage party, true. But daft threads like this are hardly going to welcome to any female fans we have. You see loads of women supporting Palace on Twitter, FB, IG etc but hardly any on here. I wonder why...
Surely they'd like a thread about shoes etc?
Old 14-12-2015, 12:28 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Surely they'd like a thread about shoes etc?
I would to. Could talk about my new Adidas Superstars.

Old 14-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come off it, there's nothing malicious in this thread.

There are plenty of genuine examples of misogyny in everyday life, but one of the truly egalitarian bastions out there is a Mr and Mrs having their gripes about the other without being able to fathom their better half out.

Blokes will call out their ladies for talking through good telly programmes, for constantly talking about the next project (be it a house move, kids, extensions, re-decorating the house etc), enjoying retail therapy a bit too much, suggesting that there are no such things as bloke jobs / women jobs (that is until it comes to something they don't want to do) etc etc....

Ladies will call out their fellas for not really paying attention to birthday's or the kids stuff, for taking an unhealthy interest in sports / hobbies, for being obsessed with their penis', for being juvenile and being unable to cope at all with being ill. I'm sure there are hundreds more.

Let's not turn this into something it is not.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 14-12-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 14-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
If you do go on there, read the one about the penis cup
Old 14-12-2015, 12:37 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post

There are plenty of genuine examples of misogyny in everyday life, but one of the truly egalitarian bastions out there is a Mr and Mrs having their gripes about the other without being able to fathom their better half out.

Blokes will call out their ladies for talking through good telly programmes, for constantly talking about the next project (be it a house move, kids, extensions, re-decorating the house etc), enjoying retail therapy a bit too much, suggesting that there are no such things as bloke jobs / women jobs (that is until it comes to something they don't want to do) etc etc....

Ladies will call out their fellas for not really paying attention to birthday's or the kids stuff, for taking an unhealthy interest in sports / hobbies, for being obsessed with their penis', for being juvenile and being unable to cope at all with being ill. I'm sure there are hundreds more.

Let's not turn this into something it is not.
I'm not. It's just sad to me that these kind of threads still exist. Especially as I bet half the guys in this thread are shit with thier money too! I know I am!

Old 14-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Noone said there was. Maybe you are in danger of taking things too seriously!

That said, it's tacky.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
rubbish handbagging like yours Paula , reminds me of the neg button
Old 14-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not. It's just sad to me that these kind of threads still exist. Especially as I bet half the guys in this thread are shit with thier money too! I know I am!
I don't know why it is sad it is just mildly amusing.

Whenever I get ill I get the patronising 'Awww, are you suffering from man flu?' It is a nonsense because how somebody feels ill is subjective. The way people spend money (wisely or foolishly) is subjective. However, the sexes have their gripes with each other and their stereotyping and much of it is amusing.

I just think it wasn't necessary for people to start decrying a clearly light-hearted thread as being clichéd 1950's chauvinistic tripe.
Old 14-12-2015, 12:57 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi's_beard View Post
rubbish handbagging like yours Paula , reminds me of the neg button
I prefer the classic airliner bags, cheers. Might get a new one in the post Christmas sales

Old 14-12-2015, 01:01 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
I don't know why it is sad it is just mildly amusing.

Whenever I get ill I get the patronising 'Awww, are you suffering from man flu?' It is a nonsense because how somebody feels ill is subjective. The way people spend money (wisely or foolishly) is subjective. However, the sexes have their gripes with each other and their stereotyping and much of it is amusing.

I just think it wasn't necessary for people to start decrying a clearly light-hearted thread as being clichéd 1950's chauvinistic tripe.
Depends on your sense of humour I guess. The old "check out what the wife just did" type humour is dated and belongs in the bargin bin with the Jim Davidson DVDs.

Old 14-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Depends on your sense of humour I guess. The old "check out what the wife just did" type humour is dated and belongs in the bargin bin with the Jim Davidson DVDs.
Just like music then. Personal taste and all that.

But, again, the broadbrush comes out to draw comparisons with Jim Davidson (someone who goes to town with his misogyny routines).

Jo Brand, Mickey Flannagan and even Michael McIntyre is more akin with this thread if you're going to bring comedy snobbery into it.
Old 14-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
My sense of humour is Curb Your Enthusiasm, Peep Show, The Office and League of Gentlemen but have gladly posted '1970's' stuff on here.

Groucho Marx is still funny with his women quips and that was from the '30's. And don't get me started on Laurel and Hardy.
Old 14-12-2015, 01:48 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
What the BBS would have looked like if it had existed in the 1950s.
Old 14-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
apologies if my choice of thread hit a raw nerve. Did your missus spend everything and leave you homeless, barefoot and using an internet cafe for warmth ?

and here is Black Friday folks, roll up, roll up quick before every bargain is gone .....