Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 22-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Other half's Oneplus 2 has finally reached the end of its life, and she's toying between a 6, and waiting for a 6t.

Any idea how much the 6t will be costing? I can't seem to find any info anywhere. The only 6s left are the bigger, more expensive versions
Old 22-10-2018, 03:22 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I want the new Huawei! Love the p20 lite and would not go with anyone else now!
Old 22-10-2018, 03:48 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Honor 8x is worth a look. Had the 6x for a while now and it's been very good.
Old 22-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I have had the Honor 9 for about a year now and have been very happy with it, so wouldn't certainly recommend their phones.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Other half's Oneplus 2 has finally reached the end of its life, and she's toying between a 6, and waiting for a 6t.

Any idea how much the 6t will be costing? I can't seem to find any info anywhere. The only 6s left are the bigger, more expensive versions
Somwhere in the region of 500-550 I think is the expectation.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 24-10-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
whys that ? I do understand the scepticism but if you are looking for a phone for 200 instead of the usual suspects then there are some interesting phones.

I have had 3 so far and were all good.

The One Plus 3 was a decent phone and cost me round 300ish

Then I had and ELEPHONE S8 which was great but I dropped it that was sub 200.

Now have MiA as mentioned above.

There are quite a few others - All with reviews online etc.

Definitely worth a look.
They phone home way too often for my liking and do all sorts of naughty things like override your DNS settings for hidden system services. Very shady stuff I am not comfortable with. Id consider one as a burner phone but would never ever put any personal data on one.
Old 23-10-2018, 04:11 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
They phone home way too often for my liking and do all sorts of naughty things like override your DNS settings for hidden system services. Very shady stuff I am not comfortable with. Id consider one as a burner phone but would never ever put any personal data on one.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:02 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Apple and Samsung are pretty shady to be fair

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
It isnt in the same league.

I wont say precisely which one, but a certain Chinese group who make mobile phones recently sent an email around to all their staff saying these are the Wests red lines and these are the ones we are prepared to break.

Which was awkward because the non-Chinese employees got it too.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 24-10-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 24-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
ZTE or Huawei would be my guess but maybe both.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I have had the Honor 9 for about a year now and have been very happy with it, so wouldn't certainly recommend their phones.
Same here. Often get a couple of dodgy looking Chinese blokes following me round Sainsbury's though. I take it your wouldn't was a Trump style misspeak?
Old 25-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Apple and Samsung are pretty shady to be fair

To view the link you have to Register or Login
As Adlers says, thats not even in the same ball park as what worries me about Chinese phones.
Old 26-10-2018, 09:47 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
I want the new Huawei! Love the p20 lite and would not go with anyone else now!
I've pre-ordered one, but can't pick it up until the 4th when my upgrade is due. It looks amazing. The free Huawei GT smartwatch and wireless charger is also massive bonus.
Old 27-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got my mate 20 pro yesterday it's bloody brilliant I love it.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 12-11-2018, 05:32 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Help please:

I have the S8 which I haven't been too impressed with (despite loving the S4 and S6 previously). I cracked the S8 screen which I had never done before and now the battery lasts only hours. I currently pay 47 a month for 3gb

EE are currently offering a variety of Huawei phones with 10gb of data. The one that is enticing me the Huawei mate 20 Lite for 43. It will cost me 300 to buy out my contract but with this offer I also get Nintendo Switch which I intended to get. I therefore thought it was worth trading my phone for 80 and doing that offer.

The guys in the shop were advising against trading in my phone though and said I should get it repaired (quoted around 220 everywhere). Am I missing something?

To me it makes perfect sense to pay 300 to get a new phone and the Nintendo Switch on a lower contract to what I was paying? What am I missing?
Old 27-11-2018, 06:44 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I can get a 2 year all in deal on an S9 for 800, or the same deal on iphone 8 but for 1080.

I've never had an android but this seems like it's definitely worth switching over from Apple... right?

This would be to replace my iphone 6 which is 3.5 years old, and the battery is now weaker than Andy Dorman.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:52 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
I am currently due an upgrade. Can get an exceptional deal on an S9 however I've had iPhone for years so i'm slightly skeptical about changing to android.

What do we think?
Just seen this. What did you go with?
Old 28-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
There are equally as good phones as the S9 for much cheaper IMO.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:13 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You can get the Motorola G6 Play for 99 on the GiffGaff website (unlocked). I got two days out of the battery, and the specs are unbeatable at this price, comes with Android 8.

For those who aren't interested in paying hundreds of pounds for a phone!
Old 29-11-2018, 12:03 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatey View Post
You can get the Motorola G6 Play for 99 on the GiffGaff website (unlocked). I got two days out of the battery, and the specs are unbeatable at this price, comes with Android 8.

For those who aren't interested in paying hundreds of pounds for a phone!
Great phone for the price!!

The Huawei P20 lite is just over 200 in the sales at the moment in some place, ridiculous price for a great phone.