Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:40 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't think I'm gonna be in tomorrow, got builders in.

Pro Lite Garda DS (150) is what you want, assuming you're not wanting to spent 400 on some American Classics

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)

Last edited by spunky; 12-04-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
How do they compare weight wise with my current ones?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
little bit heavier, but that comes from a more durable rim, got loads of people on them at the minute and they're all impressed

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 12-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Well, I could do with a durable rim!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:41 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

lolz

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 01:43 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

if you want lighter i can do some Shimano wheels but they're gonna be about 250 but they are tubeless compatible... or the Giant PSL-1 for about the same

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Borderline lunacy

Which Shimanos?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:40 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Rs-610, yours for 250 fitted if you fancy them

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 02:41 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

These ones
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1460472070419.jpg (99.9 KB, 13 views)

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 02:41 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Or these...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1460472100630.jpg (117.8 KB, 10 views)

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Borderline lunacy

Tempted - how robust are they? (I'm still quite tempted by the Pro Lite ones - I'm not exactly a weight junky.)

And I'd also like you to check that I'm right about the current back wheel - it felt fine on the way in this morning; not sure I can see any side to side wobble, but also not convinced it's perfectly round.

If I could make it to you by 5.30 tonight (which is touch a go) - could you have a look?

Old 12-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Borderline lunacy

PS - I didn't mean tempted by the AC ones!

Old 12-04-2016, 03:25 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

tonight, no problem at all, get your skates on, i'll be here till 6pm, you might be tempted by the AC ones when you see them in the flesh, so pretty

shimano ones are pretty tough, dont hear anything bad about them, i've mainly goot them in stock as a stepping stone up the the AC range

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Borderline lunacy

cool - see you shortly hopefully.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:25 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Just for closure, nothing wrong with Steve's wheel, it's all in his head

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
New headset. Don't try to fit it yourself.
That was the correct answer.

He eventually picked up the correct headset from a Specialized dealer in, I think, charminster. It arrived a week after they assured him it would turn up and he subsequently took it to my - and now his - LBC for fitting. Which they did not charge for as he was paying for a full service anyhow.

He commented to me that from the moment he walked into the Charminster shop, and they realised he didn't want to spunk over 4K on a road bike, he was treated like a piece of distasteful shit, unexpectedly found on their pure white carbon road shoes.
Old 13-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Borderline lunacy

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A but of a broadside against you rules obsessed roadies!

Old 15-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rather typically since I rode on Sunday been off the bike with a cold that has now moved south to my chest. Best week of the year so far as well.

Got the Cannondale off the racking and out of mothballs though. Will be interesting to see if its any faster, or rather if I am any quicker on it after a winter and riding a heavier bike with fat tyres. (confirming the stereotype from the above article)..
Old 15-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Borderline lunacy

Phew - I thought I'd killed the thread...

Old 15-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
So what weels did you get in the end?