Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
So what do trolls eat?
Great answer.

I can see you care about this ride.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
You lie again.

How many of your 20 posts on the thread are about the ride?

There is only one reason - the evidence would suggest - why you came on this thread. Even Clapham Brainbox only came on for one reason and one post - to support your petty lies.
Stop calling me a liar. I came on this thread because I wanted to go on the ride. That is demonstrated by my first post of the thread (which predates you). However, when I returned to the thread and saw the spamming from you, I allowed myself to get involved in your derailing. I did not say that my later posts were about the ride: that is irrelevant. My initial reason for coming on this thread was because I intend to go on the ride.

So, again, apologise.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
How many traffic lights for instance are there on my journey that will cause me to be stationary if they are red when I ride up to them? (I of course - unlike you - stop at red traffic lights). Please provide this number, since it no doubt forms an important part of your calculations.
Steve?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 04:28 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Great answer.

I can see you care about this ride.
Obviously more than you do, i have tried to give people advice on the ride, all you have done is spam, no wonder you have 83000 posts

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
I allowed myself to get involved in your derailing. .
Poor you.

Actually you didn't allow it at all (another lie). You deliberately introduced this topic from another thread - I did not bring it up on here.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Don't you think you ought to share this wonderful information with us?

How many traffic lights for instance are there on my journey that will cause me to be stationary if they are red when I ride up to them? (I of course - unlike you - stop at red traffic lights). Please provide this number, since it no doubt forms an important part of your calculations.
Your little dig in there was part of my reasoning. If even I spend four minutes stationary on a 10.5mile journey, an estimate that you who stops at all lights would spend 3 minutes stationary on a 9.5 mile journey is likely to be an underestimate. I do not know how many traffic lights there are on each journey, but given this is about estimating and given I built the margin of error in your favour, I don't think that deducts from the general conclusion.

Anyway, I'm off to Selhurst now. You do a great job of avoiding outright lies, Maz, but you are disingenuous in the extreme.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 27-08-2009, 04:34 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maz, you're obviously missing ruining threads by debating with Al, could we do a similar split as happened there with your debate with Stevek

(Not that you are the only one to blame, I have suggested keeping everything in one thread, but other cyclists don't have the same self-restraint. Probably the same ones who can't stop themselves going through red lights )
Semper Idem

Quote:
this is about estimating
It is indeed.

You call it evidence however.

It isn't. It is an estimate based on flawed thinking and prejudice. It is also a totally wrong estimate.

I think that's been made quite clear.

And it's also a shame you had to drag this all from the thread it belonged in.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Poor you.

Actually you didn't allow it at all (another lie). You deliberately introduced this topic from another thread - I did not bring it up on here.
In response to your goading of cyclists in which you, let me see, deliberately brought the debate over from that other thread. So again, not a lie at all.

Old 27-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
In response to your goading of cyclists in which you, let me see, deliberately brought the debate over from that other thread.
I was merely posting pictures.

You it was who chose to start an argument. Or rather not start one but simply carry on arguing on here the argument that you had so patently lost over there.

And all you do by withdrawing apologies is to damage your own integrity : if you don't mean an apology you shouldn't offer it, and if you do mean it you shouldn't withdraw it.

You man of straw.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike
(Not that you are the only one to blame, I have suggested keeping everything in one thread, but other cyclists don't have the same self-restraint. Probably the same ones who can't stop themselves going through red lights )
Fair point.

REp coming.

[You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to spike again. Please tell me my last rep was positive? ]

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Oh for the love of god is this still going on?

Maz - try and be the better man and leave it. This is charity FFS.

Steve - I cannot believe you are rising to this. Disappointed.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
EDIT: See spike has already said all this.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-08-2009, 04:42 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Fair point.

REp coming.

[You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to spike again. Please tell me my last rep was positive? ]
Yep, only -ve you gave me was on a rep-whoring one. Should be even now.
Old 27-08-2009, 06:06 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Steve, why do you bother?? He's really not worth the hassle surely.
Old 27-08-2009, 09:54 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Kevin's gonna be very mad with you lot for ruining his serious thread.

When he gets back from 5 days of drinking, taking drugs and listening to bands and stuff.

so Monday evening then.........if he's got the strength.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think he should only be mad with one person (you know the one who has gone completely nuts in the last couple of days). Can he not just delete the posts or something as a moderator?

The more I think of it the more I want to do this ride again this year, I have a late one the night before, so I cant commit, but I am a definitely maybe.
Old 28-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G
I think he should only be mad with one person (you know the one who has gone completely nuts in the last couple of days).
You're right - it's most unlike Steve.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
You're right - it's most unlike Steve.
But exactly like you.

Anyway, on topic (so go away Maz): is it just Kev and me or is anyone else confirmed for the ride?

Old 28-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Steve - stop it. Please.

Maz - Given your interest in this thread perhaps it would be appropriate if you would make a contribution to the charity equal to the one we are all making. This post needs no post from you in response. I'll leave it up to your conscience. British Heart Foundation. If you need more details PM me.