Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Liberal Filth

xab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Empire: Total War

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Only a week to go! Big updates to everything by the looks, especially the diplomacy engine (which is now linked to the campaign engine, so you shouldn't ally with someone only for them to attach you next turn!)

I expect to spend a month turning the map red
Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Liberal Filth

xab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Well I've got my copy, and the bastard thing is on steam...
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM

FrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrenchImmersion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am a big fan of Rome:TW, and purchased Medieval 2 a while back, but unfortunately my computer isn't good enough to run it. I have been following Empire for a few months and it truly looks fantastic. My copy is in the post and should be with me in a few days. I am just going to have to purchase a new system in a month or so, but I am sure it will be worth it so I can play both games.

I have heard a lot of people are having problems with Steam, and I have only ever used it for Half Life 2. It is a shame that you are forced to use such a programme despite paying for and having a hard copy of the game in your hands, but it does make updating the game a lot easier when their servers calm down a bit.

I hope you have fun, when you get it working. Let me know how you get on!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always wanted to, and have tried many times, but have never got on with the Total War series.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have it but at 15gb my pc is not big enough and the other one has no Internet I'll have to put wireless on it
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Liberal Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchImmersion
I have heard a lot of people are having problems with Steam, and I have only ever used it for Half Life 2. It is a shame that you are forced to use such a programme despite paying for and having a hard copy of the game in your hands, but it does make updating the game a lot easier when their servers calm down a bit.

I hope you have fun, when you get it working. Let me know how you get on!
I've not used steam since Half Life 2 either and it turns Empire from a 15 minute install turned into a 45 minute ****around

The game, however, is well worth it.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Liberal Filth

Ok, I've had a bit more than a cursory root around and it's a very very heavy game. After a quick go on the introductory campaign, I started off as the Brits and quickly felt well in over my head. Started again as the Marathas (they only get 2 regions at the start, and all in one theatre unlike the brits). Too much to mention here, but the battles are far better than rome or medieval 2, naval battles are no longer automated (and I have no idea of naval tactics and am constantly getting my arse whooped...), new tech tree types, and agents are generated automatically rather than built.

It's great, but it does feel like being dropped straight into the end game of Rome, which I suppose it should, but it demands a quick learning curve.
Old 14-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surprised there's so little interest in this game tbh, that is unless there is another Empire TW thread??

I just bought this, the "Game of the year edition". Cost £13 and includes Napoleon TW too.

Any players?
Old 14-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Maybe another two years until someone ports this to OSX.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You troll Adler
Old 14-08-2011, 08:20 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I missed out on the Total War games when they came out but in February got heavily into Rome Total War. The plan was to make my way through Medieval 2, Empire, Napolean and Shogun 2 but I just never bothered.

Never even installed ETW :-/

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 14-08-2011, 09:07 PM
We're Red and Blue

Youknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to OllieYouknowitstrue belongs to Ollie
Massive fan of Rome Total War, have been almost afraid to try anything else, recently got back into Football Manager 2011 so haven't been on RTW. Should I buy Empire TW? Is it as good as Rome or better?
Old 14-08-2011, 10:14 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got this last week and having nightmares installing because of this steam thing
Old 14-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Is this the one where you get three games in one?

Gotta say i loved shogun total war and medieval total war. never got into rome total war though.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 14-08-2011, 11:12 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino
Got this last week and having nightmares installing because of this steam thing
Steam is awesome... makes the whole gaming experience so much easier.

WOW!
Old 14-08-2011, 11:14 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknowitstrue
Should I buy Empire TW? Is it as good as Rome or better?
I'm not sure they ever quite topped RTW.

Though you're almost guaranteed at least 50 hours of fun for a few quid on any of the Total War games.

WOW!
Old 14-08-2011, 11:19 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad
Steam is awesome... makes the whole gaming experience so much easier.
it says 'unable to load library.dll' at first and then tells me I need to be online - which I was - for steam to run
Old 15-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
You troll Adler
Not really, an OSX user myself.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got all these for cheap on some steam special offer.
Started playing whichever came out first, and got lost in the intricacies of it all.
Think it was the Rome one.

Don't really have the time for hugely immersive PC games anymore
Old 15-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I got all these for cheap on some steam special offer.
Started playing whichever came out first, and got lost in the intricacies of it all.
Think it was the Rome one.

Don't really have the time for hugely immersive PC games anymore
This is what happens when you hit your thirties.

Or have your first child.